Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 61 ( Chapter 61 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Time after time it seems like
All is on your shoulders.
Five against such terrible odds,
No army would ever accept.
Voices, around you all singing "Don't even try at all!"
Breaking your spirits while shouting out "Just throw your dreams away!"
But, never forget...
Keep Hope alive and you'll win in the end
So go, and never give in to despair.

Stand firm brave Pentrine, see it through to the final act!
Never think it's too hard no matter what!

Vanquish the sorrow around you, break free of all feelings of weakness!
Hold fast to your beliefs no matter what...

And the will to fight forever!

"Names?" asked a man at the desk as he stared up at the four figures, one of a pink-haired woman, and three younger boys.

"Fenrir Volsung, Cecil Bodu, Isaac Krylov, Charybdis Tiamet-" the woman stated.

"Ah, I see... just a team of four... if it makes you feel any better, Team Gold Incarnation only has four to-"

"And Minos Sylphid," Charybdis finished, the man suddenly sweating when he heard the name.

"Uh, but he's not-"

"He'll be here," Fenrir announced plainly. "And since there are going to be five of us..." he looked around, Cecil, Isaac, and Charybdis grinning.

"Call us Team Pentrine," they said before walking away.

It was done. Polaris's pilot had dropped them off in Greece, a few Silver Saints had escorted them to Sanctuary, and it was over. They were registered in the Galaxian Wars tournament, and the tournament would begin in two days. The four did not bother looking at the numerous teams looking at them...

No doubt the stories of two God Warriors and two Mariners, who had joined together through tragedy and defeated Specters, God Warriors, Coronas, and the one that had even raised her hands against Athena had spread here. Dohko had observed the Asgard battles, and Charybdis herself had met Kanon during the Ambrosia Conflict...

"She's here!" one of the Saints whispered as Charybdis suddenly turned... surprised to see Re- no, Athena, standing there in plain clothing.

"Go on ahead," the pink-haired woman said. "I'll meet you back at the hotel." The boys wordlessly agreed, and Charybdis approached the goddess.

"It's been... awhile," Rei said as she looked at the older woman.

"Is it better here?" Chary asked, Rei nodding.

"I feel... at home..." Rei answered. "It feels-"

"Goddess!"

She turned, Chary noticing three young men running towards her. The first, surprise surprise, was none other than Kanon. She smiled at the sight of him... Saga would be proud at how he had turned out.

The second was a man maybe a year or two older than the boys... with light-brown hair and dressed similarly to Kanon. His face reminded Charybdis of one of the few times she had seen Aiolos... she assumed him to be the Pope's younger brother Aiolia.

The third, however, caused Charybdis a slight shock. His flowing, light-green hair that could easily be considered yellow... and he was surprisingly wearing his Gold Cloth... that of the Aries Saint. Chary sensed however... such a similar strength from him...

Like Minos's...

"Athena, please, try to stay within eyeshot of us at least," Aiolia said as he and the others bowed down to Athena, although they quickly stood up. Kanon chanced a small grin to Chary, who returned it in full.

"I'm sorry... I just, I met her before..." Rei said, blushing slightly from the shame of the action. "I didn't mean any harm."

"It's okay," said the Aries Saint. "But the Pope has a few affairs to discuss with you when you deem it appropriate, my lady."

"Oh, thank you, Shion," Rei said as she walked off with the three of them, Charybdis smiling as she walked away.
_
When Pandora walked into the hotel, she was surprised to hear maniacal laughter coming from the computer lab... from a voice she found very familiar. Walking in, she was not at all surprised by what she saw.

"HAHA!!!" Fenrir shouted victoriously, Radamanthys beside him and watching the screen as a black and imposing knight went to work and hacked through a group of six fairies. "And Dark Lord Akira scores another set of kills!"

"RADAMANTHYS!" Pandora shouted, causing the blonde to turn in shock with Fenrir.

"This your wife?"

"Yeah..." Radamanthys answered.

Pandora tapped her foot impatiently as Radamanthys began sweating. "I expected once you reached Greece to contact me. Of course, that didn't happen since it seems you were too busy watching Mr. Volsung here playing 'World of Battlecraft'. Did you at least get us a room?"

Radamanthys nodded. "Yeah... I was waiting down here and noticed Fenrir had got an account for this... he keeps tracking down the same six fairy princesses to kill every time though..."

"Well, Elly suggested I do it," Fenrir countered. "I mean, she already is playing a Eirika Lightbringer... a psychotic killer disguised as a healer that delivers nothing but death and suffering to all she finds..."

"And this is the Elly he was interested in?" Pandora asked Radamanthys.

"His whole scheme with her is that he flushes out all the newbies so they flee to her, and then she kills the stragglers."

"Okay... and I thought they were weird enough as it was..."

"You know, I'm right here," Fenrir said dryly.

"Sorry," Pandora said, walking away as Radamanthys went with here. As she moved to their room, she decided to focus on a serious issue. "Any idea how Rajoshin obtained Combat Awareness?"

"None at all... but it's the real thing, though. And I'm wondering why now?"

"What do you mean?"

Radamanthys sighed, "Well... think about it. All we know about Combat Awareness is the fact that a select few people throughout history have developed it, and in the past hundred years only Malphas Zephyr and Mizuki Rajoshin have used it. It also enables people to defeat opponents they normally would be helpless against, and I've been wondering about if it has something to do with the Seventh Sense."

"You mean that power the Gold Saints have to hypothetically have unlimited power?"

"Yeah... in the history books, no Saint has ever obtained Combat Awareness... they might have increased their senses and become in tune to their surrounding, but not in the way Combat Awareness bestows complete understandings to everything. And the sudden resurgence... both by people Minos has fought... it can't be a coincidence. Yet we know nothing else about it. Is it some part of the Seventh Sense? Is it the antithesis?"

"I really don't know. I'm merely a humble architect that repairs ancient armor in her spare time." Pandora smirked afterwards, "How was your past battle?"

"I did fine... but I'd love to just hit the sack."

"Then shall we?" Pandora turned to him and grinned.

Radamanthys quickly swooped in, kissing her. "Sure."
_
Fenrir, Isaac, Cecil, and Charybdis all donned their armor quickly as they walked into Sanctuary's coliseum, not surprised to see countless foot soldiers and Saints sitting in the stands during the procession. "And..." the announcer finished, "The ONLY non-Saint team entering this tournament, having proved their worth countless times in battles and saving us the effort... I give you... TEAM PENTRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNEEEEE!!!"

The dead silence that followed was... expected as Isaac looked around. He didn't notice Hyoga here at all. He must have entered the tournament.

"Now," the announcer continued as a large digital screen appeared before him, showing the tournament bracket. "We have already arrange the line-up for the fights... but our great Pope Aiolos has a few words to speak first!"

A hush fell on the crowd as a man in white robes and his face hidden under a headpiece walked out of the hallways that Isaac and the others had just walked. "Bow down," he heard Charybdis command. They did so.

Aiolos looked around before waving his hand, five magnificent figurines appearing before him, two of them white, one orange, one green, and one dark red. The white figures were that of a swan and Pegasus, the orange of a phoenix, the green of a dragon, and the red one of a woman with numerous chains surrounding her.

"These..." Aiolos spoke, his voice calm and relatively quiet, "These are the Kamui... the prize to the victor who has shown his or her worth! And now... I say, let the Galaxian Tournament begin!"

The crowd erupted in applause as he left, the Kamui vanishing as the referee turned to Team Pentrine. "Very well then... for our first match... we have..." he checked the board, "A special Elimination Match! Team Pentrine against Team Gaia!"

WHAT?!? Charybdis thought in confusion, seeing two Silver Saints coming into view... she recognized them from her time here all those years ago... The first was Asterion Lupus, the Hound Saint while the other was Moses Morril, the Whale Saint. Do they seriously think-

"The Elimination Match-type disqualifies the team that loses two team members first. You can tag-out after you defeat your opponent, but only then," the ref said as the four of them looked to each other.

"Me," Isaac said as he stepped up, seeing Asterion grin and step into the arena as well. "I'll fight."

"Very well then," the ref said, "Rules are simple. If you are knocked unconscious, leave the arena, or declare that you give up, then you are eliminated from the match."

Isaac took a deep breath. Show time.