Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 83 ( Chapter 83 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The two teams stood opposite of each other for a moment, some of them considering their opponent's not worthy of their time while others felt the overwhelming pleasure that they at long last got their chance to confront the men that had ruined them.

Charybdis, however, looked at the Pope and remained calm and collected. She took a few steps towards him and blinked once. Aiolia tensed, about to defend his brother when the Sea Dragon calmly waved her hand and started walking away.

"TIAMET!" Aiolos shouted, "It would be in your best interest to not walk away from me, especially since your fateful battle against the Gemini Saint will begin in four hours." The woman didn't stop, and in fact, Minos and the others followed.

Kanon shrugged and walked away as well, the Gemini Saint wondering why Chary had done all of that.
_
Kanon leaned back in his temple, breathing in and out, wondering what his options were. He checked his watch again... three and half-hours until he'd have to fight Charybdis. He already knew what his best course of action would be, in spite of-

"Kanon."

He turned, seeing Charybdis standing there, flanked by a pair of Sanctuary's foot soldiers... no doubt 'security' if Charybdis tried something. He knew she wouldn't, however. "Leave."

"Sir-"

"I'll be fine. Now do it, or I'll get generous with the Genromaoken."

The two men tensed and fled, Charybdis smiling from the reference before speaking up again. "Kanon... there's something I need to ask you."

"What?" the Gemini Saint answered.

"How old was Pope Arles when we were kids?"

"Old," Kanon answered, "He guided Sanctuary well over fifty years... He died shortly after Typhon's resurgence."

Charybdis grimaced. "Dammit... my hunch was correct..."

"What hunch?"

"Combat Awareness also lets one sense a person's appearance provided you're close enough... so in a way, I 'saw' Aiolos's form." She walked away from him, wondering what would happen when she announced to him the damning truth? Oh well... enough hesitating... "When I saw Pope 'Arles's' face all those years ago... he was a young man. Barely older than us. I was so frightened, I remember to this day how he looked...

"Kanon, when I got a feel for Aiolos's appearance today."

She expected Kanon to do one of two things, either respond back, claiming that she was lying or agree. Instead, Kanon simply began walking away from her, stopping just before reaching the temple's exit to the Cancer Temple.

"Chary... if what you say is right..." He turned to her and nodded. "I'll do what I can. Still, prepare for one hell of a fight."
_
"This is it..." Minos sighed as he downed yet another glass of its alcoholic contents, "Five matches... which Sanctuary decided to stretch out to five days."

"Yeah," Fenrir, Cecil, and Isaac answered, their beer mugs hitting the ground as well. Radamanthys, however, paused for a moment.

"How much longer?"

"About fifteen minutes..." Minos answered, checking the time. "Come on, let's get going."
_
"Your Scale was cut into a number of pieces during your exchange with Ignacio," Pandora said as Charybdis grabbed the figurine up and walked with the woman out of the hotel. "That being said, they were clean cuts and there weren't any little pieces that chipped off... the repairs didn't take too long at all.

"Good," Charybdis answered, "There's nothing worse than going into a fight and expecting something but not being prepared for the exact opposite."

"Worried?"

"This has been our toughest batch of fights yet, and we're only halfway through the Gold Saint ranks right now. We can't afford a single slip-up... because our opponents are the ones that make the rules."

Pandora smirked. "You'll wipe them out, Tiamet."
_
"Kanon!" Charybdis shouted as she set foot in the Gemini Temple for the second time in less than a day. "Where the hell are you?!?" The woman cautiously walked in, looking around at the darkened temple.

Funny... I should sense-

"GALAXIAN EXPLOSION!

She sprang away at the last possible second, pure destruction in the position she had been standing a moment before. She skidded to a halt and used Combat Awareness's information concerning the attack to locate Slate, using a World Finger to cut straight through a pillar and seeing Kanon standing there with a slight smirk on his face.

"We're going to have to make it look real," he announced before charging, punching swiftly at Charybdis's side. Moving away, Chary took a step back before understanding what Kanon meant. She advanced, responding to his roundhouse kick with a chop from her Gram-empowered right arm, Kanon teleporting away and gathering energy between his hands again.

"Won't work against me twice, especially with my Scale," Charybdis responded, raising her hand up.

"Then by all means counter, if you can... Galaxian-"

"Galaxian-"

"EXPLOSION!"

"IMPLOSION!"

The Gemini Temple was rocked by the duel destructive attacks, although when the dust settled, neither Charybdis nor Kanon were even the slightest bit fazed by the exchange.

"Quite skillful," Kanon mused, "You used One World to fold Space around us so I would be aiming at myself. Of course-" Kanon jumped away, avoiding Chary's World and Orbit Finger, "You didn't know about my response to One World..."

"What?" Charybdis asked before Kanon suddenly spread both his arms out.

"ANOTHER DIMENSION!"

Their surroundings suddenly turned black, almost as if they were in outer space, and Charybdis suddenly felt the absurd force pushing her backwards. She shouted out, trying to maintain her position with One World, but it was useless.

Kanon, nevertheless, remained unfazed as he watched the Sea Dragon Mariner shoot away in shock. "It's pointless. Another Dimension has transported us to another plane of existence, where One World is completely useless. And you'll simply drift away for all of eterni- er-" His eyes bugged out as his throat went dry... the crushing force of unimaginable proportions on his insides as he screamed out at the same time of Charybdis, her hand clenched tight, as if holding something.

Suddenly Kanon stumbled forward, the view of the Gemini Temple coming back into view as Charybdis landed on the ground hard, panting desperately. I... I can't believe he actually did that... or that I pulled that off... She looked at her hand, soaked with bodily fluids as she rose back up to her feet.

"How... how did you..." Kanon sputtered as he looked at his pink-haired double, who shrugged.

"You said that One World couldn't effect anything in that dimension. However, the space that our bodies were in still was fair game. I generated my hand in your gut and clamped down on one of your lungs... I didn't want to run the risk of-"

"DAMMIT WOMAN!" Kanon shouted as he lunged at her, swinging fast. Charybdis bent out of the way, but the immediate follow-up elbow to the head hit. She stumbled back as Kanon kneed her in the gut, cracking the main body of her Scale in the process. She responded by kicking him in the groin, using One World to bypass the Gold Cloth and hit full force before blasting Kanon away with a Kairyunagi.

"That's Minos's line," Charybdis responded, pointing accusingly at Kanon.

Wiping what little blood was on his face away, Kanon shrugged. "Oh well... I guess I'll just have to kill you then."

The words did little to Charybdis's game face, although mentally she was knocked off-kilter. Tiamet hadn't expected Kanon of all people to turn against them... Thankfully, however... things had worked out alright. She still had her Scale, and it was but another means for her to improve her skills with One World.

"GALAXIAN EXPLOSION!"

"GALAXIAN IMPLOSION!"

The attacks hit head-on, Charybdis screaming in pain as her Scale shattered, completely atomized as Kanon simply transferred Chary's attack to a parallel dimension. Panting and struggling to keep on her feet, Charybdis looked through the smoke, seeing Kanon surprised she was still alive. She growled, left fist clenched, right hand held perfectly straight.

Gram or a Kairyunagi... which to kill him with.

"Without your Scale, this fight is clearly over," Kanon sighed raising his hand up again. "ANOTHER DIMENSION!" The incredible force, attempting to devour Charybdis, once again took hold as she felt herself flying off into nothingness, Kanon watching without emotion.

"Body-bend: One World," Charybdis deftly countered, channeling a Kairyunagi into her as sufficient force to knock her back at Kanon, who side-stepped her strike, although he wondered why she had missed him by such a wide margin. The Sea Dragon of the North Atlantic suddenly stabbed down into the void, smiling in victory. "Finally, some floor..." A glinting right hand kept Kanon away again as Charybdis stood seemingly on nothing, staring at him. "Something happened to you."

Kanon nodded. "That's true. To be honest, however, I don't know exactly what." He pulled back for a punch, which seemingly made no sense before he punched out. "Genromaoken!"

The infamous "Demon Emperor Illusion Fist" struck Charybdis in less than an instant, her eyes holding fear in them as Kanon looked her straight in the eye. "Stab yourself in the shoulder," Kanon commanded, the pink-haired woman his exact age raising her arm up while looking at it in horror. She had a strong will, but nothing could possibly overcome his last attack. The scream that followed and the blood that slid down her arm was assurance enough. Kanon returned them back to his temple with a simple thought and then walked away. "Tiamet... decapitate yourself."

"Kan-" Charybdis started to say before she obediently complied, slashing straight through her neck.

Blood again splattered across the floor, a pained scream echoing through the entire building...

As Kanon collapsed on the floor, coughing uncontrollably as blood flew from his mouth, his hands soaked in the red substance.

"Such a shame you didn't tell me to kill myself in the Another Dimension," Charybdis pointed at him. "Otherwise that wouldn't have been possible in the slightest." He turned, shuddering and shivering from the pain. The woman before him bore no mark on her neck, although her arm remained bloody. "You fell victim to Damage-Jump: One World just as you hit me... a new level of One World mastery."

"When... I hit you..." Kanon struggled out before channeling his strength and healing himself as best as possible. Standing strong and wiping the blood from his face.

She nodded. "Like a radio transmitter. It works like One World, but I have to touch the object first and it still requires space to be folded."

"Yet there still remains the mystery of you escaping the Genromaoken... unless..." Kanon smirked. "You Body-Bended that too..."

"The Genromaoken loses its effectiveness if it's not aimed at the head. If it hits a part of your body without any nerves at all... like your hair, it's all show... Be that as it may, it was still sloppy of you to bring us back here... if would have had no choice but to act through on the act back then."

"Rest assured, I won't make the same mistake twice," Kanon retorted. "ANOTHER-

"GALAXIAN-"

"Won't-"

"IMPLOSION!"

Kanon proceeded to go through the necessary actions to defend and counter the action, but he suddenly felt that incredible pressure on his body again, his body being contorted slightly before stopping. He looked down at his body and then smirked, reassuming a fighting stance. "Charybdis... using Damage-Jump on my body at the same time as the Implosion... fantastic. However, you still underestimate the unstoppable defensive force of the Gold-"

A crack cut him off. He looked down, seeing a small piece of the legendary Gold Cloth of Gemini fall before it was followed by more and more... the entire suit shattering and falling to pieces as Kanon looked back up at Charybdis. "You were saying?"