Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 84 ( Chapter 84 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shion stumbled forward, shaking his head in shock as he looked up to the Gemini Temple... smoke coming from it. The shock had had just felt... it meant only one thing... Tiamet had successfully destroyed a Gold Cloth. As the repairer of the Gold Cloths whenever they received damage, which was rare but still happened, Shion had a certain intuition about this... While Minos had managed to damage and cause fractures in Deathmask's... to clearly and decisively pulverize a Gold Cloth was something superhuman, downright unnatural.

Shion's fist pounded into the pillar near him as he looked down at the ground in frustration. First the death of Dohko, which was clearly caused by Minos... and now this? The Pentrine viewed nothing as sacred... it was obvious of that.

"Dohko... I promise that no matter what, that I will kill Minos when we battle... right will come through in the end! I know that to be true!"
_
Charybdis and Kanon looked at each other, the two figures twenty-one years old, born on the exact same day at the exact time... true Gemini, one might say.

Taking a step forward, Kanon's gaze met Chary's. "You know full well this situation is going to probably end in the death of at least one of us, Charybdis. I mean... our armor is gone and without all of One World, you're pretty much wide open to be hit by whatever I conjure up."

"I'll manage," Charybdis answered, charging. She slashed at Kanon with Gram, but the man teleported away, blasting at her with another Galaxian Explosion. However, there were only so many times an attack can be used before the flaws in it are noticed, and Charybdis quickly retaliated with a Galaxian Implosion on the blast, crushing it before lunging at Kanon again. "Combat Awareness against the Seventh Sense..." A swift punch hit into Kanon's shoulder. He slid back, but teleported directly behind Charybdis and kicked her in the back.

"One World against Another Dimension..."

"Legendary blade Gram against the Demon Emperor Illusion Fist. We'll be at this all day... we're too evenly matched," Charybdis answered back, raising her arms up to form an "X" to block Kanon's attempted Genromaoken, protecting her mind from another of Kanon's brain-controlling attacks. She flipped away, Kanon appearing in front of her again and punching into her gut. She leaned forward with the pain, smashing her skull into his before stabbing with Gram. Kanon teleported away and landed about twenty feet away, immediately jumping to the side to avoid Charybdis's Kairyunagi. "However... I doubt you'll be the one victorious here."

"What do you mean?" Kanon asked, raising an eyebrow. The Sea Dragon shrugged.

"Your abilities are too stiff; you can't work with them in new ways. One World is different... I mean, you've seen what I can do with it first hand." A flurry of World and Orbit Fingers where launched, Kanon quickly dodging them before suddenly appearing in front of Charybdis, kicking her legs out and then chopping the back of his hand into the back of her neck.

"Don't underestimate me, Chary," he answered. "Saga taught me well before he died."

"Of course, Saga," Charybdis responded, rolling away from the killing punch and then flipping back onto her feet. She then blinked, as if suddenly something clicked. "That makes perfect sense, on more than just one level." She cracked her knuckles and waited for Kanon to make the next move, grinning triumphantly as he spread his arms to perform Another Dimension.

"You won't be able to use One World this time to escape."

"On the contrary," Charybdis responded, raising her hand up into the air. "I'm now going to overcome Another Dimension!"

"Let's see what you got, Chary!"

Charybdis noticed as her surroundings again began fading to that starlight reality, but she didn't pay attention to it as she slashed down. "GRAM!"

Suddenly it was like a veil had been cleaved in half, the Gemini Temple again returning to their eyesight as Charybdis charged, punching Kanon in the face. He took another shot to the stomach, but blocked Charybdis's roundhouse kicked and ducked her stab with her right hand before smacking her temples and slamming his hands into her stomach. "GALAXIAN-"

No!

"EXPLOSION!"

Charybdis shouted in pain as the blast shoved her back into a pillar, in unbelievable pain as Kanon watched her fall to the floor.

"I choose not to dabble in all those unnecessarily underpowered techniques, Chary," Kanon explained as Charybdis struggled to get back up to her feet. "A few, straightforward attacks of exception strength are the best. Anything you have to say to that?"

Charybdis looked at him for a moment before shutting her eyes... the less strength she spent on what wouldn't help keeping her alive, the better. "Kanon... you here should know better than anyone that it's much worse to get a woman angry than a man. And believe me... you got me angry."

Letting Combat Awareness guide her, Charybdis took a few steps forward and raised her arms up, ready to fight anew in spite of her weariness. She shut herself off from the world in almost all regards, mentally cutting off her senses one by one until only the Awareness informed her of her surroundings. Kanon was coming at her... yet she felt surprisingly calm, even so close to death.

"Galaxian-"

A Kairyunagi planted itself into Kanon's chest, causing the man to groan and fly away, losing his focus as Chary immediately charged, her eyes snapping wide open. "REPPU-" She jumped into the air directly above him and struck down. "KAIRYUNAGI!!!" The force of the attack rocked the Gemini temple's foundations as Charybdis flipped back, grinning as Kanon rose from the rubble, as injured as he was. He teleported behind her, striking, but Charybdis was already on to him, lashing out with Gram and cutting him diagonally across his chest before kicking him away. Kanon winced from the pain, but otherwise didn't seem to be bothered by it at all as he charged again.

"GALAXIAN-"

He never finished, Charybdis ducking his punch and then kicking him in the head hard, sending him flying away. He hit the ground, Charybdis looking at him and then shaking her head. "It's over, Kanon..."

The man looked at her and grimaced. "Really?"

She nodded. "Yeah. You've lost. This fight's been in the bag for a few minutes now for me... what you've been doing is more or less suicide."

"You catch on quick..." he groaned, trying to get up as Charybdis helped him up. "I... really just have one request..."

Charybdis raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What?"

Suddenly Kanon acted, hitting Charybdis in the head with a Genromaoken. "Kill me."

Charybdis's arm suddenly went edged again as Charybdis looked at him in shock as he turned his back to her. "Through the heart please... you... deserve it, after all..."

"Kanon..." She felt her arm tensing up as she charged and ran Kanon through, eyes wide. "I..."

Kanon had expected death to be swift, yet he felt no pain from the action and looked down, confused. That was Charybdis's hand, coming out his chest... but- "You... you used One World..." He collapsed forward, hitting the ground hard and with a weak grin on his face. "I'm sorry, Charybdis... I couldn't find it in myself to confront Aiolos..."

"I figured that," she answered, looking down at him. "I'm sorry... for putting you on the spot like that. You..." she turned and looked outside, Kanon knowing what she implied. "You do so much for your brother... he'd be proud. You forced me to become even better with One World... an excellent contingency plan, if you ask me."

Kanon smiled in victory. "Glad you thought so... although... I had hoped 'playing the villain' would have been more effective."

"Kanon, don't cut yourself short," Charybdis said as he heard her walk closer to him. She pulled him up to his feet, smiling amidst her injuries as Kanon did the same. "You are a great man, and you have a good heart. I'd expect the man who earned my love to be as such."

"Thanks," he replied, stumbling forward but maintaining the motor functions to kiss Charybdis as best he could. She returned the gesture in full. Theirs' had been a rocky climb, but the view from the top looked... looked downright perfect. The great sea monster had at last claimed her quarry, and he had no complaints with being swallowed up.
_
"Kanon lost..." Aldebaran growled as he sat near a fire with Aiolia, Hyoga, and Shion. "He suffered a humiliating defeat by his own hands..."

"You'll get your shot tomorrow," Aiolia answered. "The Shadow God Warrior that handed us our first embarrassment with Shaina's defeat is your opponent."

"Bodu," Rodriguez snorted. "An illegitimate child... killed his own flesh and blood." He then shook his head. "But I pity him more than anything else. After our fight... there will be nothing left of him but a broken man."