Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 89 ( Chapter 89 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"They cling to life, Aiolia... like rats..." The Pope and his younger brother walked through what they both knew to be final resting place of the Pentrine's blasphemous goals, the Leo Temple.

"Don't worry, Aiolos," responded the Gold Saint. "Fenrir Volsung... I have seen how he acts. How he thinks, believes life and battle to be... it disgusts me. He won't leave my temple alive."
_
"ASUKA!!!!!!!!!!!!" Mana, Horoki, Mizuki, Julien, Lune, and Mina exclaimed as the exhausted girl stumbled off the plane, supported by Isaac. The Corona was not looking that fantastic, but Mina couldn't help but smile.

"You see?" the sun goddess happily declared, "No strong-arming required whatsoever."

Walking up to Asuka and Isaac, Lune quickly gave the Corona a quick once-over. "How is she?"

"Tired... she needs a lot of bed rest. She's otherwise fine and-"

"I can speak for myself, jerkass," Asuka said with a hint of irritation.

"Great!" Horoki said as she suddenly pulled a number of papers out of seemingly nowhere and handed them to a shocked Asuka. "You've got enough motor skills and whatnot to take care of your homework right away then! You can not believe the kind of stuff you're going to have to catch up on and-"

Isaac would have continued listening, but suddenly his god, Poseidon, tapped him on his shoulder, Lune standing next to him. "Can... can we speak to you for a moment?"

Isaac helped hand Asuka off to Mizuki before walking off with the two of them, the Coronas discussing and talking with each other, celebrating Asuka's recovery. After getting a little bit away, Lune spoke up. "How are Minos and Radamanthys holding up in Greece?"

"Fine... two more wins and the Kamui are locked down," Isaac answered, noticing Julien seemed bother by something. "What is it?"

"I've been sensing something for the past few days... although I didn't realize it was building up. Whatever it is, Mina and the others aren't aware of it, not even Rajoshin... I talked with Lune a bit about it..."

"We think it's the bitch that's been behind all of this," Lune said. "It sounds like her kind of style. Aiacos would be here too, but, well, he's got a day job. Lord Hades has been informed of this, he's going to check the treaty and see if there is any loophole in the non-interference treaty that would allow us to take down Eurydice. Until then... tell the others in Greece to keep their guard up. We're down to the wire here, one slip-up and it's over."

Isaac saluted the two of them before walking away. "I'll pass the word on."
_
Another day, another fight, Shion snorted, watching Fenrir and Aiolia approach each other. A wolf versus a lion... rather typical. Yet Shion didn't care, because of two things... First of all, if Fenrir died, then that meant the Pentrine would at long last be defeated. Second, if he didn't, then at long last, Shion would have his chance to finally kill Minos and make up for the mistake of four years ago.

The two of them vanished, the audience tense for the conclusion, but Shion snorted and walked towards his temple, or what was left of it. He'd have to reprimand Aldebaran for wrecking his temple... and also throttle Hyoga and the Taurus Saint for getting their armor so severely ruined. Kanon and Angelo would also have something coming to them when they got out of the hospital in a day or two. Until then...

Until then, all there was to do was repair the armor, sit, and plan on how to kill Minos when they fought.
_
"Welcome again to the fifth temple," Aiolia said as he and Fenrir stared each other down, the Alioth Epsilon God Warrior's visor already dropped down as the Gold Saint attack, a flurry of electrical blasts shooting at him. Fenrir jumped to the side, using Combat Awareness to warn him when Talos attempted to teleport behind him and strike again. He dropped down, kicking up at the Gold Saint, who was sent flying away. Fenrir launched a Dead Howling at Aiolia, but the Saint suddenly broke a pillar apart with his telekinesis to intercept the measure. He landed on the ground, scowling as Fenrir pointed at him.

"You're good... but not fantastic," Fenrir responded.

Aiolia growled before charging, his arm pulled back. "LIGHTNING... BOLT!!!"

A tremendous surge of electricity shot out of his hand, Fenrir suddenly stepping back in shock.

Too big... too fast! Fenrir thought right before being hit, screaming out in agony, being knocked into a wall.

Aiolia smirked as Fenrir's smoldering body staggered out, the visor opening up as Fenrir looked at Aiolia weakly. "You bastard," he slowly said, slowly pulling his hand back, ready to put his clawed gauntlets to good use. "Wolf Cruelty-"

"Lightning Plasma," Aiolia responded. Fenrir suddenly looking around as he saw small bursts of light around him... right before millions and millions of bursts of lightning shot from them at the God Warrior. Fenrir scrambled desperately to evade, hoping Combat Awareness could save him from this, but it was a foolish and futile attempt, and Volsung's screams again filled the temple...

But then Aiolia suddenly felt a blast of wind and took a step back, turning to see Fenrir standing behind him, relatively unharmed.

"Cruel Vorpal Claw."

Aiolia was about to respond before a sudden blast of energy burst out of his cloth, breaking a hole through Aiolia's Gold Cloth. Fenrir turned around, looking at Talos. His face bore a deal of pain... at least a few hits of the Lightning Plasma had connected... but the God Warrior's determination hadn't faltered at all. "You got a chink in your armor," he dryly stated.

Aiolia looked down, seeing that the damage had been done in the shape of a clawing... but to his frustration. Fenrir charged again, but Aiolia was already prepared.

"BUSTER WOLF!!!"

"SHISHIOKEN!!!"

Fists in gold and blue gauntlets struck each other, Fenrir and Aiolia glaring at each other before sliding back from the force of the blows.

"Impressive," Aiolia responded, right before Fenrir's right gauntlet shattered into a million pieces, "... but only for such a low-ranking God Warrior like yourself."

"Go to hell!" Fenrir shouted as he jumped in the air, surging down and kicking at the Saint's grinning form, but Aiolia vanished, appearing right in front of Fenrir and attempting the strike again. Fenrir barely managed to blast Aiolia away with a Dead Howling in time before charging with a Northern Gunrou Ken. The dozen wolves and Fenrir struck into Aiolia, but as he was knocked away a few feet, Aiolia just pointed at him.

"Lightning Pounce." A bolt of light shot from his finger, Fenrir realizing there was more to it than met the eye and raised his defenses again it nevertheless. It mildly stung, but suddenly Aiolia was in front of him and punched Fenrir in the gut, knocking the wind out of him. Fenrir sailed into the air, Aiolia grinning as he fired another Lightning Bolt at him. Unfortunately, Fenrir had other ideas on his mind.

A Dead Howling into the air served as propulsion, sending Fenrir back to the ground in front of the surprised Aiolia with a grin on his face. "ORA!!!!!!!!!!!" The first blow in the Alioth Epsilon no Garou Densetsu Sei pounded into the lion's face, knocking his headpiece off as Fenrir continued the barrage. "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

The thunderous flurry left Aiolia staggering away, coughing up blood as Fenrir just looked at him with disgust.

"I have Combat Awareness, idiot. I knew the Lightning Pounce teleported you to where your attack stopped." Aiolia swung at him, but Fenrir evoked the Cruel Vorpal Claw again, gashing up the Saint's arms, at which point Fenrir charged into the stunned Aiolia and slammed his arm into Aiolia's back. "BUSTER WOLF!!!"

Suddenly pain shot through his body, Fenrir screaming in pain as Aiolia spun around and blasted him with another Lightning Bolt. Fenrir was knocked back twenty feet and fell to his knees, clutching his right arm as Aiolia laughed.

"Forget the incredible strength of a Gold Cloth?" Aiolia asked. "Punching it with your bare arm... you get the stupid award for today."

"Like that's going... to slow me down?" Fenrir groaned, standing up.

Aiolia shrugged. "No, but it's a taste of what's to come." He took a step forward, pointing at Fenrir again. The numerous bursts of light from the Lightning Plasma ravaged Fenrir again, and he hit the ground hard. "I've seen how you fight , pretty shitty if you ask me." Fenrir struggled to get up again, panting and out of breath before Aiolia charged, punting Fenrir in the head and knocking him into a wall. "You're a despicable piece of dirt... having no regards to honor or decency..."

"You're one to talk," Fenrir responded, propping himself against a wall and using it to help him stand up before charging. "At least I think for myself."

"SHISHIOKEN!"

"DEAD HOWLING!"

Aiolia punched at Fenrir again, the Alioth Epsilon fighter thrusting his hands out as the wolf-shaped beam struck into Aiolia, Fenrir hoping against hope he could overpower this terrible attack. Slowly, Aiolia began losing his footing before flying backwards. Fenrir's attack suddenly stopped and he fell to his knees again, trying to catch his breath as Aiolia flipped and charged. "SHISHIOKEN!"

The deadly fist barely missed Fenrir's head, the warrior of Asgard side-stepping the blow just in the nick of time and rising to his feet again.

"Aiolia... I don't deny it. I fight to win, never hesitating to use lethal force whether or not it's needed. I fight dirty, insult my opponents, kick them when they're down, and don't give a damn about honor.

"But at least I'm not a hypocrite... like you are."

"What?"

"You claim to be some great Gold Saint! Bullshit! You're caught in some dream world... you're no better than all the other idiots I've fought. I'm just glad..." Fenrir cracked his knuckles, "I get to shatter your dreams and ideals."

"YOU'LL NEVER DO THAT!" Aiolia responded, lunging at him again. "SHISHIOKEN!" He punched, yet there was a certain fallacy in using a move over and over again, and Fenrir punished him severely for it.

"Cruel," He pulled his left hand back, "Vorpal..." he primed himself for the attack just as Aiolia reached him. "CLAW!!!"

Almost instantly blood splattered everywhere, Aiolia screaming, staggering back as his right arm felt as if it had been put in a spinning razor fan. Fenrir kicked him in the head before chopping him in the neck with his right hand.

"BUSTER... WOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He struck hard, his left hand pounding into Aiolia's right wrist, cracking the Gold Cloth before one final Dead Howling hit Aiolia brutally painfully, knocking the Gold Saint into the air before he hit down hard.

Growling, fists clenched, Aiolia looked up at Fenrir and immediately rose back to his feet. "For the honor... for the honor of Sanctuary... I, Aiolia Talos... WILL SEND YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!"