Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 90 ( Chapter 90 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Roaring out, Aiolia lunged at Fenrir, striking rapidly and not giving an inch, forcing Fenrir onto the defensive and pinning him down. Using Combat Awareness, Fenrir moved fast, keeping up with the Leo Saint's moves, but unable to find an opening.

Growing frustrated with Fenrir's fortunes in the exchange, however, Aiolia teleported behind him, kicking at his head. Fenrir ducked, uppercutting Aiolia hard and knocking him into the air. Aiolia teleported again, right in front of Fenrir, and blew him away instantly with a Lightning Bolt. As the smoke settled, however, Fenrir pulled himself from the rubble and dropped into a fighting stance again, his visor dropping to cover the upper part of his face. Aiolia couldn't help but chuckle. "You can't beat me. No matter how hard, you're fighting against someone who's defending not just Sanctuary, but also his brother."

"Yeah... that stupid coward and xenophobe..." Fenrir sighed, hoping the words that had riled up Milo would work on a second Gold Saint. He spat on the ground, only slightly surprised there was blood in the mix. "He's a piece a shit, if you ask me."

Scowling at Fenrir, Aiolia cracked his knuckles and sprinted at him, slipping around Fenrir's strike and grabbing his neck, summoning up a Lightning Plasma to fry him to a crisp. Fenrir retaliated by gripping Aiolia's arm with his right hand, kicking him in chest to stall for time and loosening the Saint's hold. With pure upper body strength, he held himself up on Aiolia and struck ruthlessly. "BUSTER WOLF!"

The impact of the blow sent Aiolia flying away, screaming in pain as Fenrir flipped high into the air, well above Aiolia's previously-summoned Lightning Plasma and then deftly landing on the ground and charging.

Okay... hadn't worked out as well as he would have hoped, but Fenrir grinned... it was a start.
_
"Lune... I've been wondering something for quite a while now..." Mana said as they sat on a park bench, the Corona glad for two reasons. One, Asuka was back and would be fine in a bit. Two, her lawyer boyfriend and her were enjoying some nice, quite time together. "I mean... about Fenrir?"

"What about him?" Lune asked. The Corona of the Yata Mirror shrugged.

"Well... it's just, he seems rather... unstable. Cecil's childhood wasn't too different than Fenrir's and all, but they're entirely different people... completely different in regards to personality! Horoki's talked about how Cecil never loses sight about what's right and wrong, and always tries to maintain that strong spirit that things will get better. And Isaac, well... Isaac's the unbiased one that keeps a cool head and all."

"You're wondering how either of them could fight alongside Fenrir, right?"
_
Aiolia raised his arms up to defend himself from Fenrir's attacks, but suddenly a dozen wolf-like bursts of energy appeared, looping around him and striking Aiolia from the sides, causing him to drop his defenses and suffer sorely at the hands of Fenrir's Alioth Epsilon no Garou Densetsu Sei. He stumbled back, wincing in pain from the tremendous force between each punch Fenrir sent his way before being knocked into the air and hitting a wall.
“Fenrir is, in a nutshell, a very driven man. He feels he can't afford to be anything otherwise. Believe me... I saw him fight Valentine Bia... a complete psycho”.

Aiolia rebounded off the wall, striking Fenrir hard across the face before punching him in the gut and blasting him away with a Lightning Bolt. A Lightning Pounce missed Fenrir by a few inches, and Aiolia compensated by teleporting in front of Fenrir, beating him left and right furiously. Just as Volsung managed to sort through the pain and move to counter, Aiolia vanished, appearing where his Lightning Pounce had hit a few seconds ago and kicking Fenrir in the head before lunging in for the kill. He got more than he bargained for when Fenrir slammed his hand into the ground and gracefully spun around, hitting Aiolia in the head and then connecting with a Cruel Vorpal Claw that further cut into the Gold Saint's armor.
Fenrir, Cecil, and Isaac are all really quite similar. That's why they work together so well. Cecil can cast aside his more optimistic personality and get down to business in fights. Isaac can abandon his reserved personality when his opponent commits atrocities. And Fenrir, he channels his drive to do the right thing.”

"LIGHTNING BOLT!"

"NORTHERN GUNROU KEN!"

Massive burst of energy swept through the wolfpack, nearly wiping them out instantly, but then Aiolia realized Fenrir wasn't with them, and was severely injured when two strong hands smashed into the back of his neck. Fenrir grabbed him by his arm and threw the Gold Saint into a statue of a lion, firing off another Dead Howling which produced an unbelievable scream from Aiolia as he hit the ground.
And he'll do it with a smile on his face.

Wincing in pain, Aiolia managed to get back on his feet and barely evade Fenrir's kick to the head, rolling away. Fenrir moved in for the kill again, but Aiolia just shrugged, raising one hand up in the air.

"Allow me... allow me to show you the force of a true Gold Saint who never gives up..." Bursts of light appeared around Fenrir again, but he paid them no attention.

"What? Another Lightning Plasma? That thing won't work on me!" Fenrir shouted, but Aiolia smirked and shook his head.

"No, this is something far, far worse."

The lights shot straight into Fenrir, bypassing his armor... moving at a speed that surpassed human thought processes, therefor, Fenrir didn't know what hit him until a few seconds afterwards.

"You are already dead, Fenrir Volsung," Aiolia said as he turned and walked away. Fenrir suddenly just dropping to his knees before a tremendous flash of light illuminated the entirety of the Leo Temple, blood splattering everywhere. The God Warrior collapsed to the ground, Aiolia giving him a short moment of silence in respect to such a so fearsome of opponents before slowly speaking. "You and the others had no chance from the beginning, Fenrir. Even without my brother, the late Dohko, or the Virgo Saint... ten Gold Saints is too much for any group, no matter how battled tested, no matter how driven... The Photon Burst was a move my brother forbade me from using until I found a suitable opponent, one who truly deserved it."

He turned around, looking at Fenrir's lifeless body. "You are a suitable opponent. A man with no morals. No honor. A piece of filth who has ruined lives and killed good men. A warrior who dishonored the newly appointed Scorpio Saint and dared to touch the sacred weapons of the Libra Saint. How..." Aiolia felt the rage building up inside of him... "HOW THE HELL CAN YOU CLAIM TO BE FIGHTING FOR WHAT'S RIGHT?!?" He charged, kicking the body. It flew into the wall, more blood splattering everywhere as it collapsed.
“And one more very important thing... Hypocrisy. The thing that burns Fenrir the most. Then again, you saw how it was when you fought him, Mana...”
Aiolia walked up to Fenrir again, moving to kick him, but suddenly the body sprang to life, grabbing onto his other leg and using it like an axis of rotation, spinning around before blasting Aiolia in the back with a Northern Gunrou Ken, the force of the move sending Aiolia flying towards the wall. He teleported back to the middle of the temple, mouth agape at the sight of Fenrir standing there, bloody, panting, out of breath...

But very clearly alive.

"Aiolia... I must thank you for never having used that move against a live opponent... otherwise you might have had enough practice with it to kill me. Unfortunately..." his visor slid open, Fenrir's yellow eyes looking into Aiolia's brown ones. "Unfortunately this is the end of you!" He charged, left hand outstretched. "CRUEL VORPAL CLAW!"

It was too fast; Aiolia barely jumping to the side as the pillar behind where he had been standing a moment ago fell to nothingness. He jumped in the air, trying to get some distance between himself and this devil of a man, but Fenrir jumped up after him, screaming out "BUSTER WOLF!" as he smashed his hand into Aiolia's leg. The Leo Saint deftly teleported behind Fenrir, kicking him in the back and sending Volsung to the ground, but Fenrir flipped and landed effortlessly, spreading his arms and beginning to trace the seven stars of Ursa Major again.

"Alioth Epsilon no-"

"LIGHTNING PLASMA!" Aiolia shrieked.

"GAROU DENSETSU-" He spun around nimbly, evading the bursts of electricity before planting his fist in Aiolia's stomach. "SEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The Saint stumbled back, Fenrir beginning the onslaught anew. "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

As he landed the last blow, Aiolia flew away, countless indents in his Cloth and out of breath.

"Your brother is worse than me on a bad day," Fenrir announced as Aiolia picked himself up, using his powers from the Seventh Sense to heal his injuries as best he could. "He believes himself higher than his goddess... plotting behind her back."

"How's that any different than what you and Cecil did?!?"

"Because Polaris was being controlled," Fenrir retorted. "That makes all the difference."

"LIKE HELL IT DOES!!!" Aiolia roared, charging. A thunderous blow connected into Fenrir's chest, cracking the already damaged Robe and sending him flying. Nevertheless, Fenrir flipped and slid back on his feet, pulling his right hand back for a punch. "Try it! You don't have any protection on that arm!"

"BUSTER WOLF!"

"SHISHIOKEN!"

The attacks struck each other, Fenrir screaming out in pain as blood burst from his arm, Aiolia grinning in victory before he suddenly heard a crack. He looked down at his Gold Cloth... countless fractures appearing in it, starting a chain reaction that just kept continuing constantly...

He staggered away, unable to believe what had happened... How could he...

A Dead Howling struck him hard, blasting Aiolia into a pillar as his Cloth scattered into the air like finely-ground powder, the Saint collapsing onto his hands and knees.

"Why... why......" He looked up at the monster that had done this and charged. Charged at the beast, the damn wolf that was going to take everything away from his but his life. And that would be enough... because the strength given to him by just that... it gave him new strength. Aiolia smiled. Fenrir had no hope whatsoever of winning now. "DIE!!"

Fenrir shot by him instantly, looking down at the blood on his left gauntlet's claw extensions. "Nobody's going to die here today... but with what I just did... you might wish you were dead. Cruel Vorpal Claw."

Aiolia suddenly rose several feet in the air, his eyes opened wide in defeat as blood splattered everywhere, his screams echoing throughout the entirety of Sanctuary before he collapsed on the ground, Fenrir walking away victoriously.

"Every muscle ripped. Every ligament and tendon severed. Every bone diced into countless pieces. Best of luck, Aiolia, trying to talk to one of your Gold Saint buddies into healing you after all of this." Fenrir turned around, smiled, saluted him, and then continued on his merry way.