Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 93 ( Chapter 93 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Check," Deathmask said as he moved one of pieces into position to take Kanon's king. The chess game had gone on for a while now, the still-hospital-bound Gold Saints recovering their strength at a faster clip than a normal human due to the Seventh Sense's healing powers. The hospital cafeteria was almost bare, but suddenly the doors flung open as a horde of doctors came running in, shouting to each other about how the various Silver and Bronze Saints that had been hospitalized after fighting Team Pentrine or any of the now-disqualified teams were suddenly all flat-lining for no reason whatsoever.

Kanon and Angelo stood up, looking at each other in confusion before running after the doctors, stopping a female one who seemed surprisingly young... and had pink hair.

"What's this all about?" Kanon asked quickly, feeling as if this doctor had been someone he had met before...

"It's simple," she answered, showing Kanon and Deathmask a few papers. "All of them are dying. We don't know how, we don't know why. There is, however," she said, turning around and saw the other doctors were out of view. "One thing they all have in common..."

"Like what?" Deathmask asked.

"Surprise surprise," the doctor said as she pointed to the second page of her report. "All of them were trained, at least for a short period of time, by Dohko Kido."
_
"The Kamui are stored right in here," Aiolos said, stopping and pointing at the five figurines of the Pegasus, Dragon, Andromeda, Cygnus, and Phoenix Kamui. "They're yours..." he slowly muttered, "Take them..."

Charybdis, Fenrir, Isaac, and Cecil exchanged glances before taking a few steps before Charybdis turned around, suddenly seeing a bright flash of gold. "Aiolos, you bast-"

"INFINITY BREAK!"

The quintet of Aiolos's enemies turned just before he punched out, an endless, unlimited torrent of electricity blasted into them, sending them flying into the air from the force before the arrow which had previously been seen sunk straight into Rei's heart, the reincarnation of Athena's eyes opening wide in shock. Fenrir, Isaac, Charybdis, and Cecil hit the ground hard, moaning in pain as he looked down at them and smiled before looking up at the awestruck and helpless Athena.

"They decided the Kamui weren't enough," he began, "So they were going to kill you. I arrived too late... and found you being ravaged by the three boys... The fight was long and painful, goddess, but I eventually emerged victorious, since right must always win. Unfortunately, you were too scarred emotionally from the experience... and you ceded all rights to Sanctuary to me before dying."

"Aiolos... you..." she started to say before collapsing to the ground. Aiolos grinned as she struggled to move, but it was far too late.

"The True Sagitta Shot... one of those rare attacks capable of felling a god, or goddess. That arrow's lodged in your heart... you'll be dead within twelve minutes no matter what. A mortal would be killed outright." He turned to the four fallen warriors and shook his head. "The Kamui will be mine and mine alone, fools." Raising his hand up in the air, a bright flash of gold erupted around Charybdis, Cecil, and Isaac before they suddenly vanished. "And for the wolf-boy..." Aiolos smiled as he approached Fenrir's unconscious form, "A punishment fitting for the man that has dishonored Sanctuary, the Gold Saints and their traditions, and most importantly... my brother."
_
Shion screamed as he was flung into a pillar of the Libra Temple, falling to the ground and looking up as Dohko grinned at him.

"The time is now, Shion," the Libra Saint announced as he readied one of his swords, "Her plan has finally come to fruition after over two hundred years..."

"Plan... and who is this?!?" Shion groaned, trying to get back to his feet, rolling to the side as Dohko slashed down.

The Libra snorted at his pupil's confusion, it was quite disgusting. "At the conclusion of the final Holy War between Athena and Hades's forces, I was the only survivor. So many good people I had known all died... I was heartbroken. Yet I also held a hope that I could do something. As the survivor, I was empowered to age only one day for every year that passed, and I looked forward to making the world a better place...

"But I was foolish. With the powers of the Misopethamenos I thought I could change the world. Yet I was bound in such an old and frail body, unable to take my true form without giving up the ability to live for countless centuries. But she showed me otherwise... how people have always and will always be rotten, greedy monsters. Out of horror, I renounced my Sainthood, and also the last parting gift of virtual immortality, hoping I could try to make things better as a normal person. Instead of being busy recruiting new Saints, I could instead find purpose in the real world, or so I thought. I was wrong... and my life was slipping away before my eyes... Then she came to me again, offering a power she had already given herself to... a power that would truly make me immortal like she... to wait the necessary two centuries for the reincarnations of the gods that had wronged us and took human lives away in their damn struggles!"

"Then..."

"Every single Saint that has trained under me, except for you, is now dead. I no longer have Athena's gift, Misopethamenos is no longer with me. However," Dohko smirked, "This is the moment. The moment that she has been waiting for. When the gods finally returned, and the situation is perfect. And while that foolish hack, Talos, has his own plans involving the Kamui alone, we have... something much grander. And besides... my students have... given their 'lives' to me, in a certain way, like they have for countless decades now." Dohko chuckled at his thinly-veiled pun.

"What about... me?" Shion started to say. Dohko shrugged.

"You're still a Saint, meaning your life is in my hands at this moment. Either truly embrace the sorrow of your life into your heart and let it consume you, or die by my hands. I suggest the former, if only out of respect for my greatest student."

Shion opened his mouth to say something... but then remembered it. Minos's words to him only a few moments ago...

"It blew up in her face, although mainly due to the support that Radamanthys, Aiacos, and Laimi gave me. I conquered the sorrow from that day... the day I thought you killed Seika
and Shunrei..."


"You, you used me... to try to get to Minos! This is what the problem with Seika and Shunrei was all about!" he pointed at Dohko, who smiled.

"Guilty as charged."

"You... you bastard..." Shion growled, clenching his fists tightly... "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" He charged, but Dohko smiled and punched him in the stomach and then grabbed his neck.

"Fool. You're exhausted... this is hopeless for you," Dohko sighed. "I'm going to ask you again... and you better say what I want you to say." His eyes flashed red for a moment. "Or else."

Shion felt the strength suddenly flow out of him as he stared at his master... who had been such a great man. A hero of heroes... and all of it was a lie? Did that mean... his life was worthless? That... he had been a pawn his whole life, and now his only two options would lead to strengthening Dohko no matter which one he picked. Did he ever... truly have control in his own life at all?

"Time's up. Make your choice." Dohko commanded.

"I... I..." Shion started to say, but suddenly both of them turned as the sound of a figure landing in the temple, charging at Dohko and screaming loudly. The Libra Saint jumped out of the way, Shion awestruck at his savior, silvery hair flowing against a dark black Surplice. "Minos..."

"Sylphid," Dohko smirked.

"Shion..." Minos said as he turned around, pointing to a string that was connecting to his right index finger. He then motioned downwards, Shion seeing that the string was connected... to him. "Labyrinth Telegraph... I was listening to everything. And it's about time to take care of the villain of this story." He pointed as Dohko, who laughed.

"You're crazy, boy," Dohko spat. "You're no doubt exhausted from your fight with Shion. I know your every move. To fight me would be-" He stopped when Minos charged full-speed at him, fist pulled back. The traitorous Libra Saint shrugged, raising his shields to stop the attack, Shion on the ground and helpless... his savior being the man he had been hating for the past four years of his life...

The sight of the shields didn't scare Minos in the slightest, and he punched full-force into them, shocking Dohko to the core when the legendary and nearly indestructible weapons shattered instantly, along with the rest of his Cloth. Minos then punched him away and blasted his Surplice off. "You betray the values of a Saint, and by extension, the Cloths of the Saints. It's only fair," he smirked, "That your own Cloth would betray you too, Dohko."

The Libra Saint growled before lunging at Minos, moving unbelievably fast and punching him in the chest, knocking the wind out of the Specter. Dohko jumped, kicking sideways at Minos's head, but Sylphid ducked the attack and rolled away, firing a flurry of strings at Dohko, who deftly knocked them all away.

"Shion, don't worry. I've got this in the bag," Dohko said, turning to him and giving him a thumb's up. He turned back to Dohko and glared. "It's about time this monster goes down..."

Dohko wagged his finger at Minos before turning his back to him. "On the contrary, Sylphid. I am your greatest of enemies. You-"

"Actually, I think Zephyr, being a hundred times stronger than me sorta deserves that recognition," Minos sarcastically countered, seeing the images of a tiger and dragon appear on Dohko's back, the Gold Saint's body build improving tremendously as he turned back to Minos and smiled, closing his eyes and breathing in and out very slowly.

"Behold... the power of the Tenryuko Kokyu Ho." He looked up at Minos and charged, pulling back for a punch. Minos swiftly evaded to the side as Dohko hit the ground, the shockwaves of the blast sending Minos and Shion flying away in shock. "Perfect breathing, able to channel maximum oxygen to my muscles and therefor maximize physical strength. By your own admission, Zephyr was a fool that didn't know his own strength. I've had over two hundred years to understand my own abilities Sylphid!" He charged and punched again, this time Minos surprisingly blocking the attack and sliding back a few feet, wincing from the pain.

"And Dohko... I am your greatest of enemies as well."