Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 94 ( Chapter 94 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fenrir screamed as he was flung into a wall, exhausted and out of breath as Aiolos stood in front of him, the Pope of Sanctuary having abandoned his robes and standing in only a pair of pants, showing off his muscular body, Talos grinning at the sight.

"This is payback," The Sagittarius Gold Saint explained as Fenrir looked at the man on shaky legs. "For my brother... for what you did to Milo..." electricity crackled from his hands as he punched out. "ATOMIC THUNDERBOLT!" The wave of electricity blasted through Fenrir, Volsung screaming as he collapsed to his knees. He panted uncontrollably as Aiolos chuckled and walked away towards his Gold Cloth figurine, donning the armor and turning around. "Fenrir, you are dead."

He looked up, seeing the Gold Saint standing there, Cloth shimmering brightly and his bow and arrow at the ready.

"You..."

Aiolos looked down at Rei's body, one arrow already in her body and slowly killing her. "Ten minutes. Ten minutes and she dies. However..." he grinned. "I wonder what would happen if I would hit you with the True Sagitta Shot? No doubt the mere pain of an arrow impaling your heart would be outright lethal..."

"Don't... don't underestimate me!" Fenrir groaned, standing up and charging before Aiolos simply loosed the arrow.

"TRUE SAGITTA SHOT!"

"Wolf-"

Fenrir stopped, mouth and eyes open wide, taking a step backwards, blood streaming down his chest, one of Aiolos's arrows piercing Fenrir's entire body as he collapsed on the ground again.

"As expected," Aiolos said as he turned and walked away. Rei was there, sprawled out on the ground, wincing from the pain before moving on. "This battle... is over. Sanctuary will return again to my rule, and there is-"

"You... you bastard..."

Aiolos froze, turning around, seeing Fenrir again on his feet. "This... this can't... be possible..."

"I've... had experience... and training..." Fenrir continued, clenching his fists and shaking his head through the pain... it was unbelievable. Crouching down, Fenrir screamed in rage before lunging at Aiolos, punching him in the face. The Saint's headpiece flew off, rolling on the ground as Fenrir pulled out his figurine and donned his God Robe, sans the destroyed right gauntlet just before Aiolos pounded him in the stomach, cracking the armor and then punching him in the face, shattering his circlet as Fenrir slid across the ground. Moaning, Fenrir tried to get back up in his feet as Aiolos prepared another arrow and aimed it at him. Fenrir jumped to the side as the arrow missed him by split seconds. "You're a slime ball..."

Aiolos shook his head, pointing at Fenrir and frowning. "You... kid. You're a joke. Combat Awareness, fine. Taking down two Gold Saints, fine. Standing up to a goddess and living to tell the tale, fine.

"I don't care who you think you are, Fenrir Volsung. Out there, you can find a million rookie soldiers of the gods just like you. Young, determined, some having a sadistic streak, but they're all, at heart, rookies. Idiots. Pushovers..."

"LIKE HELL!" Fenrir screamed, lunging at Aiolos and punching as fast as he could, Aiolos simply teleporting behind him and pushing him away. Fenrir stumbled forward as Aiolos shot another arrow into him, the second True Sagitta Shot again impaling Fenrir's heart as he screamed in agony again, after which every muscle in his body tensed up, tears beginning to stream down his face as he turned around. "You... you killed Cecil and the others! I can't let you get away with this!"

Aiolos shook his head. "Kill? Oh... no. Not exactly, anyways..." He saw Fenrir charge, yet he simply readied another arrow and shot Fenrir again in the heart. "Rookie..."

Volsung kept charging, yelling like an wild beast as he pulled back to strike Aiolos, yet stopping at the last second, just looking at Aiolos with a look like a wounded animal before he collapsed, blood trickling onto the ground.
_
"Koh Ken!" Dohko shouted as he pushed out with his right hand, a bright orange blast of energy shooting from his hand in the shape of a tiger as Minos raised up his arms to defend himself, the force of the blast sending him flying backwards. Sylphid recovered quickly, charging and launching a torrent of string at Dohko, who deftly teleported away from the attacks and lunged right at Minos and punching him in the face. Minos took a step back, but roared out at he struck back, Dohko simply teleporting again and elbowing the side of Minos's cranium, the Specter crumpling from the blow and falling backwards, Dohko laughing in victory as he jumped away. "You're exhausted from your previous fight against Shion, Minos."

Minos grunted, dusting himself off and cracking his neck, "I should have realized it the moment I saw you..."

"What?" Dohko asked, coyly raising an eyebrow.

"Like you said to Shion, you gave up on your retarded aging, so the most likely way you've prolonged your life so long is through taking it from others..." Minos dropped into a loose stance. "You're a Shinigami Director, aren't you?"

Shinigami Director? Shion thought, raising his eye in confusion. As if on cue, Minos turned to him and quickly explained.

"Like Yanosuke and his associate. They're human, but they have a certain amount of control over elements of death. For instance, anyone without Specter status who said Kira's name, saw his face, or touched him died of a heart attack."

"Exactly," Dohko responded. "And in my case..."
_
Kanon and Deathmask stood in shock as they heart the almost surreal sound of so many Saints... so many good men...

"Time of death," one of the doctors slowly found the strength to announce, "One twenty-seven in the afternoon."
_
"All my students, save for Shion here," Dohko said, pointing at the Gold Saint, "are dead. As they have all died in the past, to extend my life until the reincarnation of Athena finally returned."

"Yeah, well, I guess you didn't count on me being immune to your powers," Minos smirked. "And now..." he struck at the Gold Saint. "Time to die!" He swung at Dohko, but the Gold Saint bent out of the way and prepared to attack him when he suddenly was dragged to the ground, a string having shot from the ground and latching onto his back. Minos kicked down at Dohko, but at the last second, Kido vanished, appearing a good distance away before charging.

"Rozan... KOH HI SHO!!!"

Dohko blasted by Minos nearly instantly, the Griffon being knocked into the air, screaming in pain... yet Shion blinked in surprise as he saw Minos slowly adjust himself in mid-flight and landed on his feet, charging at Dohko who still showed his back to him.

The Libra Saint turned just in time to be punched in the face, the force of the blow resounding throughout the temple, Dohko staking a step back and his eyes full of horror as Minos punched him again in the head, continuing the sequence the a flurry of blows to the chest. Dohko coughed up blood as Minos hopped in the air, snapping his leg out and pounding it into this former master's neck and springing backwards, pulling his fist back.

"Let's go!" String shot at Dohko rapidly, impaling him in numerous areas, before Minos charged and pointed at him and decided on the final coup de grace... "Griffon... MIND SHOT!"

The string shot true, blasting through Dohko's head as the Libra Saint fell to his knees and collapsed, Minos grinning as he turned and walked over to Shion. "You okay?" He held out his hand, Shion taking it and standing up.

"Thanks..." Shion suddenly looked behind Minos, shoving him out of the way and then teleporting away as Dohko shot by them. The Griffon couldn't believe what he was seeing...

"You... you cannot kill me no matter how hard you try," Dohko laughed, blood seeping down from his head wound. "Haoh Shi Kohryu Ken!" He spread his hands out, blasting Minos away with a tremendous force of energy, Minos rolling to the side, but the radiating power of the attack blasted him hard painfully. Minos coughed up blood, staggering backwards, and his body aching from the force...

Right before Shion slammed into Dohko from the side, kicking him in the gut. Dohko looked at the blonde in shock before retaliating, punching the Aries Saint in the shoulder to stun him before unleash a brutal string of attacks. "Rozan Hyakuretsuken!" The thundering blows landed again and again, Dohko laughing all the while before a noose of string slipped around his neck and pulled him away, Minos swinging Dohko around and around before throwing him into a wall and looking at Shion.

"...You know...?" Shion said with a proud smile on his face. "Even if we did wear each other down in our fight..."

Minos nodded. "Yeah." They turned, seeing Dohko pull himself from the rubble. "I have no idea how to kill him... but you think..."

Shion pumped his arm. "Oh yeah. Together.... we'll beat the shit out of him!"
_
The first thing Charybdis sensed was that she was wet... like she was lying on a river bank... but... but where was she and-

"Chary... Chary!"

The Sea Dragon opened her eyes, looking up and seeing Cecil and Isaac standing there, both of them not looking too badly injured. Tiamet stood up and looked around, surprised by where they were...

Any trace of Sanctuary was gone... replaced with a shadowy and dark river. Trees surrounded them, blocking any sight of what was beyond them.

"I guess..." Cecil sighed, "We've just got to walk down here."

"Well, we could just cut down the trees..." Charybdis countered, slashing through the foliage with Gram, only for her jaw to drop at the sight in front of her.

"Where the hell are we?" Isaac asked, seeing nothing but a dark void there. The three looked around, and then Isaac suddenly noticed something. "There... there's a bird there!" He pointed as a small little bird as it flew off further downstream.

"If there was a bird..." Cecil said with a grin, "Then there might be someone here!" Chary and Isaac nodded, and they took off sprinting together down the river.
_
The man breathed in and out slowly, meditating as he had done again and again over the course of so many years... His long blonde hair shimmered brightly in spite of the darkened sky.

Then he heard the chirp of a bird and looked up, standing and reaching out his hand as the creature landed and listened to it. He nodded and then spoke quietly. "Thank you... thank you, Biki. If not for you... I might have never maintained the discipline to exist here... and now..."

He looked up, knowing full well who was coming towards him, inching closer and closer with each passing moment.

"Do you hear me, Pentrine?" the man asked to nobody in particular. "I... I am the Virgo Saint, Shaka Agni. And I have waited a long time... a long time for others to come here. Now is the time..." He raised his hand up as his Gold Cloth appeared on him, " To test them."