Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning/ A New World: Emerald Edition ❯ Prologue/Chapter 0 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Neon Genesis Evangelion Fanfic Story
 
"A New Beginning/ A New World" by ST Pika- "Emerald Edition"
 
Prologue and other information:
 
Author note: I don't own any of the characters portrayed here. They are property of Gainax. This is simply a fanfic story starting after the end of the series that I decided to write because I had an interesting idea for a fanfic. I don't own any of the songs or lyrics I mention in this story, nor any reference to other shows or animes. I will mention who does when applicable.
 
Warning: Do not read this fanfic unless you have seen "End of Evangelion"- the story starts after the movie and the story will spoil parts of the movie for you. This story contains violence, adult situations, and coarse language. That's why it's T rated- it's just like the TV show. Please Read and Review, I would appreciate your comments. Let's bring this story back to the top like it was a few years ago- you the reader and your support helped that happen before and now I'm back to be on the top again.
 
(Skip down below the next section for the new prologue)
 
To all those wondering where the old story went:
 
Very simple, I made a mistake by posting that music quiz, and I got punished for it by having the entire story removed without warning. Thank goodness I always keep the original documents on my computer.
 
Why a “Emerald“ Edition?
 
Frankly, this is another revision… and this one will make the story even better, and ensure that I can be back where I got the most readership, fanfiction.net. I hope to get more readers and recapture the readers from before. This story will be even better then before… the only thing that's on hold for the moment is the picture pages from before… once I get a hold of some money, I will bring that site back online. (BTW, green is my favorite color, so that's where the new name comes from)
 
Thanks to everyone for their reviews, hits on my story, etc. from before. I appreciate the support. All the stats on the old story will be posted with the next new chapter. I won't stop until this story is back on top. Now, onto the story!
 
 
 
Prologue:
 
This story begins immediately after the end of the film "End of Evangelion". The scene opens just after Asuka's famous last lines of EOE...
 
Shinji is still crying, though his sobs are becoming more and more subdued. He is trying to come to grips with reality and what just happened... it's just him and Asuka... and he just tried to choke her. Wiping his eyes, he turns his head and looks around at his immediate surroundings. Rei's giant white head looms eerily in the distance, staring his way...
 
On the ground, Asuka has remained silent since her last comment. Her mind is in a whirl, trying to figure out what happened and how she got to where she is. She almost wants to yell at Shinji for crying, but she stifles her normal reflex action in lieu of other things... such as why she is even alive and why the sky looks so weird...
 
`Is this reality… or is it a dream?'
 
To be continued in Chapter 1: End of Evangelion + 1 minute