Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own NGE, and I don't want to. Trust me on this. I don't own Right Here In My Arms by HIM either. Sigh. Ville-sama… *___*
Warnings: Psychological Shinji ranting, Songfic.
Notes: I'd been wanting to use this song for a while, when suddenly I thought of Asuka and Shinji. ^^ So here it is.


Beautiful
By DragonSoul


She is smiling like heaven is down on earth

She wasn't beautiful. With bright red hair that was more orange than copper, and haunted blue eyes, she was far from it; Merely pretty. She knew it too, every time she gazed in the mirror, or looked into someone's eyes, she knew she wasn't beautiful. I didn't think so. It made her angry, my Asuka. She'd fly into a rage, threatening to leave, or to let the Angel destroy me in the next fight. I always took her threats at face value, smiling as I nodded in complacent agreement.

Her sun is shining so bright it hurts

I never could understand her hatred of Ayanami until later. My Asuka, my beautiful orange haired German, was jealous. Ayanami was better than her, smarter than her-braver than her. It wasn't right. No one was better than my Asuka, but this girl; this CLONE was better than she. I hated them both for that, Ayanami for usurping my Asuka, and Asuka for destroying my belief in her.

All her wishes have finally come true

Asuka was the lucky one, choosing to be one of us. She had the choice to quit. Ayanami was created for it, and I piloted to feel alive. But Asuka; Asuka revelled in the power of the EVAs. She was the dream child, perfect for the job she had to do. She was ruthless, my gorgeous deity of death. They called her insane, but in this insane world, I called her perfect. It was the only way to describe her.

Her heart is weeping. Happiness is killing her.

Then He disappeared, and my Asuka died, drying up from the inside out. It was all Her fault, Misato's fault. As long as my Asuka was happy, I was happy too, even if it meant she didn't love me. I was content. But She killed Him, and the Asuka I loved died. She has become worse than Ayanami, too quiet, too still, a corpse before her death. I would murder Her for Asuka's sake, but that wouldn't bring Him back for her.

So hard she's trying
But her heart won't turn to stone

My Asuka is truly gone. Destroyed. How I hate that girl, that Ayanami! Her and that Kaoru. They have cremated my Asuka and scattered the ashes so I cannot bring her back. They must die, just like everyone else who played a part in my Asuka's death.

She keeps on crying
But I won't leave her alone
She'll never be alone

My Asuka has been avenged, and like the mythical phoenix, she has resurrected, stronger than Ayanami, stronger than SEELE's prodigy, Kaoru. They have tried to destroy her, but both her will and mine are stronger. Asuka will live, will thrive. My Asuka will be beautiful again, for me. It's all I ask of her. Be beautiful Asuka, and we will destroy them all.

She'll be right here in my arms
So in love

They have torn her apart, and fed off of her body, stealing my Asuka's strength. How dare they ruin her beauty like this? They are no better than the Angels we destroyed, scavenging her body before my Asuka is truly dead. Hyenas, mongrels! That is what they are. They'll all perish, all save Asuka and I. We'll restart the world anew to our own liking, recreating what we wish and letting everything else rot into dust. My Asuka will never be beautiful, but she will have her revenge. That is her legacy.

She'll be right here in these arms
She can't let go

Well, there you go, my first NGE fic. I hope it's up to par.