Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Comfort and Kindness ❯ Shinji's Plan ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimers:
Neon Genesis Evangelion and all related characters, concepts, etc. are
Property of ADVision and Gainax. I only *wish* they were mine.
Please try to be good to me; this is my first stab at an Evangelion "Only" Fic.
If you have read this whole fic, I do state now this is a Waffy fic,
with a bit of action as well!
Thanks to Andre Laval for pre reading this chapter!

Comfort and Kindness

( ) = Thoughts by characters

" " = Dialogue by characters

As The Pilots reacquaint themselves, Shinji starts planning and instigating his own scenario.
The next Angel attack only days apart, with severe consequences, as Shinji faces his greatest emotional test!

Chapter # 11: Shinji's Plan

Their Time Together!

Two intertwined figures lay in a small twin sized bed. Their content and smiling faces were lit up by a full moons light
flooding into Shinji Ikari's room. Rei Ayanami was laying on her love with her head on his chest.
Both seemed to be comfortable in each other's arms.

"Rei, Thank you for being here with me! I didn't know it I would need you back in my arms so badly.."
He turned his head and kissed her lovingly.
"Thank you my love for sharing your love with me." They smiled at each other and kissed again.

"Shinji, I have waited one whole month for you. In that month, I have experienced a longing ... for you.
I sat next to your Unit-01 for the first week, trying to feel you in it.
I would have became more depressed, if not for the intervention of Asuka and Touji.
With their help I lived through the stressful time you were away."
She paused as she studied his face. He kept that content and kind look she had hoped to see
all though that dreadful time.
"I also thought what we shared, the closeness was ... Beautiful."

That one word was like a revelation to Shinji. She had said "Beautiful",
and by the look in her eyes he knew what that meant.
He hugged her tightly to his body, wanting if he could to meld with her Mind, Body, and Soul.
But they had promised Misato not to do that until they were older.
She had said this when they had come home from Nerv's Infirmary.
Now that they had continued their relationship and their love for each other,
he knew that with that one single word he knew that she had loved him as much as he had loved her.
Though it felt to him like a day or two within the Eva,
He could see that a month had passed simply by the looks he had seen from his friends..

Now Asuka and Touji, that was an interesting question, what had happened to get them two together?
"Rei, can you tell me what's happened between Asuka and Touji?"
Rei smiled and them informed him of all the things that happened.
How they slowly got closer to each other, first through their fights,
then as they helped Rei when Shinji was absorbed by Unit-01.
"So, by helping you, Asuka finally got someone to be close to?" asked Shinji.
"Yes." She had remembered their conversation when Asuka had first moved into Misato's apartment.
"It seems Touji was the person that she needed."
"You think their in her room, doing ... anything ... did too?" said Shinji
"I know they are." replied Rei.
"How?"
She told me a week before your retrieval, that we should be ... there to comfort you, because she said there might not be a better time to show you." said Rei.
"So, this was ... planned by you and Asuka?" replied a now concerned Shinji.
Yes, ...and no." She looked at him with a pleading for understanding, "She encouraged me to do this,
but it was ultimately our decision ... together."
She then hugged him tightly to convey her feelings on this. Shinji slowly smiled and nodded positively.
"Ok, I believe you. So, Asuka and Touji are ... talking right now?" asked Shinji
"As is Misato and Kaji, in her room." replied Rei.
"You mean they're in Misato's room doing ... that too?"
"Yes, I heard them after she sent us to bed. They were very verbal in their intimacy. Did you not hear them Shinji-kun?"
"Well, Rei, we were comforting each other, so I was focused on us. So, I didn't really hear them, or Asuka and Touji either."
"That is good, I would not have wanted you to be distracted from what we here doing." Rei smiled in her normal way as she hugged him tighter.
Then how did you know...?" Rei interrupted Shinji
"You know what I am, I can feel love being expressed, even if it is not mine, Shinji-kun." answered Rei
Shinji simply nodded yes, and started to kiss her again.
"So, is there anything else I missed?"
She nodded to him and informed him of her changed relationship with Ritsuko.
"You mean Ritsuko ... is your sister?" asked a perplexed Shinji.
It seems the base DNA that was used to create me came from an ova harvested from Dr. Naoko Akagi,
... my mother." was all Rei said.
"So she is now friends with you and wants to protect you ... as your sister?" asked Shinji
"I would assume so, since she has expressed that fact to me." replied Rei
Shinji put that tid-bit of information in the back of his mind for later use and then asked;
"Ok, anything else I missed?" he said.
"They tried to have Touji Sync with Unit-01, unsuccessfully.
Rit-chan then informed me of they way The Commander tried to manipulate us to cause my death."
"So, another clone could take your place Rei?" She was stunned .
"How did he know about that?" was all she could think of.
"Rei, when I slept a few minutes ago, I remembered what happened in Unit-01 and..."
Shinji then told her of his meeting with his mother's soul locked in Unit-01.
Of Asuka's and Rei's mother's spirits also within the other two Evas.
Of Gendo Ikari's plans and manipulations to attain his goal of being with Yui Ikari.
And, finally, of Rei's ultimate use by SEELE in the Instrumentality Project,
and the reworking of the Human race into a communal LCL glob.

Rei was stunned, not only for what she didn't know about SEELE's and The Commanders scenarios,
but of Shinji's utter calmness in telling her. A shiver ran down her back, which Shinji felt.
"What's the matter My love? Did I scare you? How?" asked a worried Shinji.
"I ... you reaction,... the way you said all that information, it ... reminded me of how...
The Commander would speak of it?" Replied a now flustered Rei.

Shinji sighed, ...then smiled. "I am my father's son, ... but only in my determination to stop their plans.
SEELE's and my fathers plans." Said Shinji with great determination.
"Rei, I ...and my mother have a plan that will ..."
He explained the plan to Rei who after a time swallowed nervously, then shook her head positively.
She would help him as if it was an option. It was a chance they had to take, not only for themselves,
but their friends and humanity as a whole.
________________________________________________________________ __________________________

Will you join me?

Asuka was panting with exhaustion, as she lay prone on top of an equally exhausted Touji.
They had completed a third round of heavy petting that surprised them both.
The noise made by the two adults next door only drove the heat driven teens to more action than words, but not enough to go all the way..

After a few minutes to gather their breaths and thoughts Touji finally spoke to the girl now gathered in his arms.
"Before you say anything, what we did is not the only thing I think of when I look at you.
I have, ... that feeling here (he pointed to his heart in his chest) whenever you are near me,
so I need you to know now, ... I love you my German Devil-girl, and I don't want anyone other than your fiery self."

Asuka couldn't say anything. Here was one of the "Three Stooges".
A boy who a few months ago she would have pounded to the ground as what she saw as his stupid behavior
But, now after the last month of change, She knew that when he said something, it was said with all his heart.
He told anyone he spoke to what he thought, whether that was a positive or a negative assertion.
She even thought back to their first encounter. She remembered that she did wear that Yellow dress
more to impress Kaji than those little boys she saw there.
She knew the winds would blow the dress up, but instead of impressing her guardian,
she flashed the three teen stooges, and then she understood Touji's reaction to this and her stomping his hat.
"He flashed me as a way to show how he thought of my actions" she thought to herself.

She was brought back by Touji shaking her asking her if she was Ok.
She then had an answer for him.
"Listen My little Dumkoph, You and only you will be allowed to be close to the Great Asuka Langley Sohryu!"
She then softened her eyes and grabbed the Jock in an intense hug. she the added;
"I will love you Touji until you leave me, which means (Now with tears in her eyes)
Never leave me. Promise me you will never leave me!" She then cried her eyes out in Touji's embrace.
Then after a few moments to collect herself, she decided to open up to him.

She then started hesitantly to tell him of her horrible childhood. Her mother's accident with Unit-02.
Her downward spiral into insanity after the accident. Her fixation on dolls
and her initial distrust of Shinji, and even more Rei, as they had reminded her of her mother's insane fascination
with the doll she had replaced Asuka with.
Finally she was sobbing as she told him of her mother's suicide and her father's abandonment.

"Listen to my, Darlin, I will not abandon you! I love you and no one will take you away from me, got it!"
Touji shouted to her trying to refocus her to his words and face.
Asuka focused on his voice then his face now tracing tears of his own.
As she calmed down, Touji began to tell her of his mother.
How she had cared for him, his sister Mara, and his father.
Both his parents worked for Nerv, and then he hesitated.
"Touji, ...what happened?" But Asuka seemed to know the answer.

My mother ... was a tech ....who was working on Unit-00, when it went berserk, and...."
Now it was Touji's turn to finally let out all those frustrations.
His mother's death, his fathers constant working, putting Mara's care on him.
Her being hurt after the third angel, and his guilt at beating up on Shinji as well
as a sense of loss about the 13th angel. Finally, his hurting Hikari's feelings.
Hikari, a childhood friend whom he liked, but didn't know had loved him.
Al, Asuka could do was to be as strong for him, as he was for her just before.
His crying did not bring back a sense of loathing for a weak and spineless moron,
but of a strong person who needed her strength to overcome their shared problems.
She knew then that together they would conquer their problems and be there for each other in the coming
battles not just with the angels but with a life together.

Kensuke was sitting on the steps of Hikari's home. So many changes had happened in the month that Shinji was hurt.
At least that was what he found out. Asuka and Touji. Who would have thought those two would be together.
The Eva's locked down and Rei's loneliness at Shinji's absence. Then a fateful meeting he had with Touji.
Asking him to help him break the news to Hikari of his relationship with Asuka.
After some advice, Touji then met Hikari at a nearby park, and told her of The facts of How and why it happened.
It had gone better simply for two reasons; first, Kensuke had told her of the way the two had enjoyed
their sparring before the fateful kiss. Second, Touji took all the blame for it so trying to deflect any bad feelings Hikari had for her friend Asuka. She of course knew that both had simply fallen for each other, and that was that.
She at least was happy with the fact that they still wanted to be her friend and that they desperately wanted her to be theirs.

Kensuke was fulfilling his role as friend as well though his thoughts were on Hikari, and her bruised heart.
So, as a friend he spent the rest of the month with her as much as possible.
As the month dragged on for the 4 friends awaiting Shinji's return,
they spent more time with each other as well as with Rei trying to keep her spirits up.
Her and Hikari reconnected as friends as Rei and Asuka became closer as well.

Now there he was wanting to try something that either could signal and end to his friendship with her,
... or change it to a new and hopefully for him, an intimate relationship.
As he thought of what to do, above him stood Hikari unnoticed by the brooding Kensuke.
She was also in turmoil as now having a month to reflect, she saw the care Kensuke had for her.
She remembered that conversation she had with Rei about Touji long ago. Of how Shinji had told Rei:

"Now, what can you tell me about Touji, did Shinji tell you anything since our walk home the other day?"

"Only this, it seems you must make a ... first move .... because Touji was going to act like a bird like animal that some humans
eat.

"You mean a chicken?" asked Hikari.

"Yes, he said, That Touji is too much of a chicken to ask Hikari out, she'll have to ask him out first, or he never will"

"So, you mean I would have to ask Touji out, and not him?"

"It seems so."

Maybe Kensuke was ...the same! She made up her mind then and there, and ran down the stairs
of her home towards the front door.
The door opened as if a hurricane's wind had blown it.
Out ran Hikari and as she faced a startled Kensuke, who was waiting for the panting girl to calm down.
She gathered all her courage and said:
" Kensuke, do you ... care for me ... Like I had cared for ... Touji?" Silence,
for a good thirty seconds as a stone faced Kensuke stared at a Hikari,
who was growing more nervous by the second.
Finally She shouted Kensuke's name and shook him violently.
"Aaah What?"
"Well, do you like me Stooge?" Hikari shouted reminding him of how Asuka would react.
His answer wasn't in words as The freckled faced, glasses endowed Japanese Military otaku
simply stepped up to the Class Rep and Encircled her in a nice and warm hug. This startled the girl.
After a few seconds, she wrapped her arms around the boy and hugged him back with equal abandon.
________________________________________________________________ __________________________

Preparations are Made!

Misato unusually, was the first one up. after crawling from under Kaji, she made it to the living room
where she had Kaji brought the gifts she had stored at his place. She had bought them before Shinji's accident,
and now that all four pilots were there, she wanted them to have them.
She knew what the children did that night she had done the same, for the same reason.
She had confessed finally her feelings to him, and he did the same.
After they made love, they agreed to marry only after the angels had been vanquished,
and with Nerv's usefulness over, and with her desire to protect her charges,
they promised each other to protect them all if things become dangerous.

She smiled at his promise, and at her determination to keep it.
As this was in her thoughts, she made her way to Shinji's room.
She opened the door a slight bit to make sure she didn't walk into an embarrassing situation.
What she found made her heart glow. Both children were in each other's arms, and fully clothed in their PJ's,
wrapped in their sheets and blankets.
Both had content and joy glowing on their faces. This made her very happy, Rei finally had Shinji in her arms.
The smile on the quiet and reserved girl made Misato's heart leap.
She placed their two gifts at the foot of the bed and slid their door closed.

Next came Asuka's room, she repeated her actions, as she saw Asuka wrapped by one of Touji's arms,
asleep on his chest. Nearly the same look of contentment and warmth was shown in their faces.
With a smile she laid their gifts at the foot of their bed, and she then quickly dressed
and headed for the all night Ramen restaurant to collect the occupants of her apartment a hearty and filling breakfast.
She had an feeling that they were going to need it.

A 1/2 hour later:

Ritsuko had pulled a late night again and was sacked out at her condo.
Then she had a feeling running down her spine.
She sat up, and shivered. She then knew with out understanding that something would happen soon,
something that would ... change things. A phone call startled her.
"Yes, Oh Yes Misato, I,... What? When, Now!, Ok, I'll be there. Wait , your not cooking are you?
Take out, in the morning?!?!? Well as long as it isn't yours. (Click!)
Well how rude! Well I guess I'd better shower and get up. At least I won't have to make breakfast.

A Phone call:

"Hello?"

"Who's this?"

"Are you crazy?" You know what time it is you..."

Wait, who asked me to come?"

"Oh, OK, I'll be there."

"Bye!"

Kensuke then made his way to his bathroom to wake up and wonder why Touji and Shinji
wanted him at their apartment so early in the morning.

A Second phone call:

"Hokari Residence."

"Asuka, What are you calling so early?"

"No, I didn't hear about that."

"He want's me there. Why?"

"Ok, I'll be there. Give him and Rei my regards, and tell Touji to behave himself!

"Yeah, he can be a handful. No, I do have some news on him though, I'll tell you when I get there, OK?"

Fine. See you then!"

Hikari replaced the phone back on it's hook. She reflected,
sighed and made her way to her dresser and got ready
for the breakfast and this meeting Shinji was calling her to.

________________________________________________________________ __________________________

Shinji's Scenario Begins!

As Shinji's friends gathered at Misato's apartment, they had no idea what he planned to say to them.
they were ... confused not only at this early meeting, but at his forcefulness of gathering them together.
This was not like him. Most of the tine he was a follower of orders, not one given to make them.
But the way he had asked them to come made them a little hesitant about the reasons behind them.

Ritsuko seemed a bit nervous. Not many knew of her connection to Rei, and she didn't want it to come out.
She knew Rei wouldn't hold that information from Shinji, so she had cause to be worried. But, why had he called the other pilots, Misato, Kaji, and his two other classmates?
She was thinking about this as were the others until Shinji and the other pilots came into the dining room.
They were wearing their gifts from Misato.
Rei and Shinji were wearing blue and purple morning kimonos. Shinji, blue trim on purple,
while Rei's had purple trim on blue.
Asuka and Touji had the same type of kimonos with their dominant colors, Red for Asuka, while Touji was black.

As they sat down to eat and talk with their friends, all looked at varying times at Shinji.
Though he was smiling and friendly, they could tell an unmistakable air of confidence that wasn't there before.
As the breakfast part of the morning get together finished Shinji,
still holding Rei's hand rose from his seat and addressed those there.

Thanks for coming. He sighed then gathering up his strength, he the spoke:
" I have to ask you all, if you had a way to stop the angels,
and protect the closest to you, would you do it?"
All looked at each other and shook their heads yes.
"Then I will tell you all I know, and What I, ... and my mother plan to do about it!"
A gasp came from Kaji, Misato and Ritsuko.
"Kaji, did you bring the dampening device. We need some privacy." Was all Shinji said, as the device was turned on, and curtains were drawn in Misato's apartment

Call to the Commander's office

"Sir, Section 2 reports that Dr. Akagi, Major Katsuragi, Mr. Kaji, the Eva pilots,
and two of their classmates have been having a closed door meeting at the Katsuragi residence for over an hour.
What do you want us to do?" asked a Nerv Security agent.

"Nothing for now, just double the surveillance on The Major, Dr. Akagi, and Mr. Kaji. Keep me informed. That is all."

"Is that wise Ikari?"

"I will keep an eye on those that can do something to the scenario."

"Why don't you increase the surveillance on the pilots and their friends?"

"Because they can't harm us nor the scenario."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, they are pawns, and they will do as I want."

As the second Commander leaves Commander Ikari's office, he thinks to himself;
"Don't underestimate you son Ikari, he might be more like you than you think!"

Next Chapter #12: Darkest before The Dawn!

Can Shinji's plan help Asuka with the 15th angel?
Will Rei survive the 16th?
See you next time For the next chapter of oCaK!