Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Love After Impact ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love After Impact
by: Al-I-Bus
a1boogz@aol.com

Disclaimer: I do not own Evangelion or its characters in anyway shape or form. This work is intended to entertain, and I do not intend to benefit from its production or distribution financially in anyway.

Background: Takes place after the series but before the movie. Although this is a sequel it was meant to run parallel to my earlier Asuka monologue. This will be from Shinji's point of view

SPOILER WARNING: THIS COULD RUIN EVA FOR YOU. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

The best way to think of it is as having something important to protect. Like a gift given to you, and your job is to keep it safe. That's how it is. Or at least thats how I thought it would be. Things can't ever stay the same though...

She was cute as hell....I had to force my eyes away from her, otherwise I would have simply followed her around. It was her eyes that caught me first. I know it's strange for a guy, especially one my age to say, but it's true.

The simplest way to describe them would be to call them blue. But that doesn't sum it up. They aren't just blue. Sometimes their this bright blue, so bright that they are almost grey. They dance right before you, light shimmering as it touches those beautiful orbs.

Other times they become a deep, dark blue. Nearly black. Thats when they become really dangerous. You could gaze into those eyes and withing seconds you'd be gone. Only a shell would be left, your innerself plunged into those eyes. It's like flying, your spirit is whisked away and you just fall. Every thought that you may have had, before you lost yourself in those eyes, ceases to be. All there is is darkness.

Usually I'm brought back to reality at this point by a slap or a piercing " Dumkoff!", or, " Baka!" But it's always worth it.

There was one time when her screeching baka was the sweetest sound in the world. When I realized her support cable had snapped I lost it. By the time I was aware of what was going on, there was lava on all sides of me. It was HOT! Understatement of the year right?

Then I saw her, dangling there, waiting to die. If she fell, I was going to follow her, I knew it in that instant. I was dimly aware of Misato screaming at me, but I couldn't make anything out. Things happened in slow motion, the lava rushed passed me as the rip in the cable grew wider. In desperation I threw my arm out and grabbed for anything. Later she told me it looked as if I was completely in control. In reality the only thing that kept me sane was her: " Baka. You show off".

I just wished she would love me back. Wait ignore that I don't think I meant that. Well why not? She completes me in a way that no other person ever has. She doesn't realize it, or maybe she does, but doesn't care. People keep telling me to go for it...maybe I should. I'm so scared, what if she doesn't want me?

I thought that I at least had a shot after we synched together so well. I figured that she would at least respect me a little more. It didn't work out that way, but it's ok. I guess she is one of my friends, and that's better than nothing right?

Asuka Soryou Langley...you're the other part of me. If you ever understand that know that I'll wait forever if I have to. That I swear. I love you.

Do you think she already knows?