Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Now and Forever ❯ Riots of Colour ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A young boy with brown hair sat in an empty lounge reading a book entitled English 101. `Man. Why do I have to learn English?' He thought to himself. “I before E except after C. Weird is one exception to this rule… What?! How am I supposed to learn English when it doesn't even follow its own rules?!” He jumped and looked at the door when it slammed open.
In the doorway stood a young woman with red hair and sky blue eyes. “Hey, Shinji! Misato and Ritsuko want us in the control room. They say it's urgent.”
“Coming Asuka.” Shinji followed Asuka to the central control room. When they got there a blonde woman greeted them. “What's so urgent Ritsuko?”
“Misato! They're here!” Ritsuko told a violet haired woman. She led the two teenagers over to Misato.
“What's so urgent?” Shinji questioned.
“We found the last angel.” Misato replied pointing to the screen. The angel looked to be about twenty feet tall. It had burning ruby eyes and its skin was an ever-changing medley. Its long legs were bent at the knee, as if a spider with two legs; and its arms were sticking out of its sides, bent at ungodly angles. In a strange, twisted manner it slightly resembled a deformed Eva unit.
~*~
 
The eyes of envious
Always find another door
While at the gates of paradise they beat us down some more
But our missions set in stone
`Cause the writing's on the wall
I'll scream it from the mountain tops pride comes before a fall
 
~*~
Shinji and Asuka quickly suited up and ran to the dock where the Evas were.
“It's been awhile since the last angel attack. I hope you two haven't gotten rusty.” Misato said while the Evas got ready to launch.
“Ha! Me rusty? I don't think so!” Asuka said as unit1 was launched and as hers followed suit. `At least I hope I'm not…' She thought to herself.
~*~
 
So many thoughts to share
All this energy to give
Unlike those who hide the truth I tell it like is
If the truth will set you free
I feel sorry for your soul
Can't you hear the ringing `cause for you the bell tolls
 
~*~
Eva1 gripped one of the angel's legs. “Asuka! Cut it!” Asuka used one of her knives and cut the leg in half. The angel then began to glow and its leg grew back.
“What? Rapid regeneration?” Misato shouted. “How are they supposed to kill it if it's going to just regenerate?”
“Destroy it all at once.” Ritsuko replied calmly.
“How are they supposed to do that?”
“With the cannon we just completed.”
“But it hasn't been tested yet.”
“NOW's as good a time as any.”
“Alright. Launch the cannon!” Misato ordered, “Shinji! Asuka1 We're sending you the cannon!”
“Doesn't it need to be tested?” Asuka asked.
“I think that's what they're doing Asuka.” Shinji said quietly.
~*~
 
I'm just a freedom fighter
No remorse
Raging on in holy war
Soon there'll come a day
When you're face to face with me
Face to face with me
 
~*~
The cannon was so heavy that it took both units to pick it up. Shinji held up the front while Asuka was at the trigger in the back. “Asuka1 Pull the trigger!” She pulled the trigger and the kickback from the force of the weapon threw them backwards. They looked at the angel stunned. It was still standing! “Asuka! Fire again!” She pulled the trigger once more and the cannon exploded from the strain of having to fire a second time. The explosion flung them backwards.
~*~
 
Can't you hear us coming?
People marching all around
Can't you see we're coming?
Close your eyes it's over now
Can't you hear us coming?
The fight has only just begun
Can't you see we're coming?
 
~*~
The smoke cleared and there was a huge scorch mark where the angel had been standing. The Evas shakily stood up. They were a mess. They were covered with burn marks and patches where armor had been disintegrated.
“Shinji! Asuka! Are you alright?” Misato asked worried.
“Yah. Just a bit dizzy.” Shinji replied.
“So, whose smart idea was it to use an untested cannon?” Asuka asked sarcastically.
Misato laughed nervously. `They're alright…'
Ritsuko looked over the data about the cannon's
Ritsuko looked over the data about the cannon's performance. “Hmmm… looks like we have a few bugs to work out.”
“A few? It could have killed them!” Misato yelled.
“Ah. But it didn't. Actually, I'm surprised that it fired a second time.
~*~
 
I'm just a freedom fighter
No remorse
Raging on in holy war
Soon there'll come a day
When you're face to face with me
Face to face with me
 
~*~
Asuka shakily flopped down on her bed. She went over the last few hours in her head. `Well, at least the cannon didn't kill us.' She thought, `although they could have warned us about firing it twice…' A knock came at her door. “Yes?”
“Asuka dinners ready.”
She sighed, “Alright. I'll be right there.” Asuka listened to Shinji's retreating footsteps. She opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling.
 
**********
Disclaimer: I do not own Evangelion and I do not the song.
 
The song featured is “Freedom Fighter” by Creed