Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Sibling Bonds ❯ Friends and Feelings ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimers:
Neon Genesis Evangelion and all related characters, concepts, etc., are
property of ADVision and Gainax. I only *wish* they were mine.
Please try to be good to me, this is my first stab at an Evangelion “Only" Fic.
This story is NOT final, there will be more revisions, so keep checking up on the chapters.

Sibling Bonds

Authors Comments:
Well it seems I have gotten some attention on this Fic. Well, for those who are enjoying this story, thanks for the comments, positive , and negative. I never said I was a "real writer" so my grammar does leave a lot to be desired. But, I love to read good stories and hopefully tell good ones too. To answer several questions , read this chapter, & most will be answered.
Thanks again & please Read & Review! Please, as with all fan fiction the characters will do something's OOC as they develop, so as the story continues please keep this in mind! I now have an editor, so this should story should read better.

Chapter #3: Friends and Feelings

What will Rei talk to Shinji about, and how does Shinji deal with Asuka now.
Finally, the Pilots deal with the next angel attack and what happens next changes many things!

That Night

Kensuke was rudely awakened by a thunderous pounding at his front door.
It had been a few hours since he had left Shinji with an angry Asuka at his or her apartment, now someone was pounding on his door. His dad was as usual pulling an all-nighter at NERV, while he had gotten only a few hours sleep.
As he headed for his front door, a terrifying thought occurred to him, "What if its NERV agents coming to silence him?" He hesitated then continued to the door. When He opened the door, a young women in a standard NERV uniform was staring back at him, with a stern look on her face!
"Are you Kensuke Aida?" She asked. "Yes" he answered Maya, and somewhat annoyed continued,
"And what do you want with me at such an ungodly hour Mam?"
She answered; "Well for starters why did you try to hack into the Magi Computers,
and did you think you wouldn't be detected by us?"
Kensuke stood there frozen in shock and fright, as the woman's comments sunk in.
He nervously put his hand on the back of his head and asked,
"Well, wwwwhat's going tototo happen to mmmme?" He stammered,
knowing the fate of those that crossed NERV's path.
She responded, "Well for one we need to sit down and talk!" as Maya Ibuki entered the house passing him by.
A few seconds later, he closed the door and followed!

Shinji was viewing the disks Kensuke had brought him & to say that he was surprise was a huge understatement.
He had started to view Asuka's data first because he was more nervous about what Rei's would have on it. After a few minutes,
he had a sinking yet familiar feeling. "She went through what I went through, only worse."
As the realization hit Shinji of what happened to Asuka and her mother,
some memories deeply locked away surfaced,
which brought him nightmarish visions of his mother's demise as he watched. "Mother!" he yelled out, "Oh, God!"
He slumped down from his chair where his computer was and slowly wept for a few minutes reliving that horrible tragedy.
Seeing his mother enter the plug and a few minutes later as he was at an observation station with his father seeing on the monitors his mother suddenly disappear as he, his father, and the others there watched.
He saw his father run to the EVA and opening the plug seeing his father yell and cry as he realized
what had happened to his mother. Then he being rushed out of the complex and
within one day is sent away from his father and the trauma he had witnessed,
he then relived the events again, and he started wailing.
After a few minutes Asuka heard the loud crying and went to investigate.
As she ease dropped at Shinji's door, she heard him say "Mother!" aloud which froze her on the spot.
"He's having nightmares about his mother... like me!" But, he is awake, is he hallucinating?

Now Asuka Langley Sohryu was of all things proud, and strong,
but she knew that was a cover for the reality of her true self.
As she observed Shinji's wailing she started to remember those thoughts she fought hard to forget.
"Damn you Shinji, I don't want to remember this!" thought a more upset Asuka.
Of all the things they could have in common, having that was just too much for her.
She rushed in not thinking or acting like she normally would and before he had a chance to react,
she drew him up to her and tightly hugged him, his head on her shoulder.
Not knowing he was aware of her, she shushed him and tried to comfort him.
"Oh god what he's/she's going through, I can understand!" They both thought.
Maybe a result of their earlier synchronizing while training to defeat the seventh angel.
He returned the hug and they sat there crying and holding each other for what seemed forever,
but in reality was about 20 minutes.

Eventually they calmed down and they slowly let go of each other, though both held each other's hand,
a blush found on both children's faces. Shinji smiled at Asuka,
but he knew that he had to fess up to the information on Asuka's background.
He knew he had his own information plus what Kensuke had gotten as he searched for the girls information,
so he led her to his desk and pulled up his own data.
As he scrolled down the information Asuka's eyes grew wide with a sense of understanding.
As she read the report on the third child, she started to understand how he had lacked self-confidence
and was always avoiding conflict and pain. She finally understood that Baka Shinji had similar problems as her own.
She then looked up at him and smiled to show him with a look of sympathy, not pity was evident on both their faces.
Then with a sigh, Shinji pulled up her information.

What was he doing, even he didn't know her reaction as a fear of rejection was starting to crawl up his backbone.
Shinji braced for the slap he knew would come as he saw her starting to read his laptop's screen.
But, after a minute with his eyes shut and no pain evident on his face he slowly opened his eyes
and saw a smiling and crying face of his beautiful roommate and friend.
She cupped his face and looked at him as if she could see into his soul, this made him shutter.
She did not say a word at first, just stood up went to the door, shut it, and then shut the lights off.
She then sat next to Shinji who was still seen as the lights from his window filtered through the darkened bedroom.
Shinji by now was sitting on his bed perplexed with Asuka's actions.
She then put her hand on his chest pushing him down onto the bed then she laid next to him,
put an arm around his waist, gave him a tight hug and curled up with her head on his chest.
She then finally spoke.
"Shinji, can I sleep here tonight, I don't want to be alone, and I have a feeling you don't either."
she said with a sincere tone in her voice. There was something new in her tone, an honesty in it convinced him.
"It's Ok, (he paused, then continued) I would not mind the company, Asuka"
they adjusted themselves to sleep for the night. As they laid in each other's arms, they talked.
"Shinji, I never knew your mother died in your EVA. I know how that feels like."
I don't mind Asuka, I..." She interrupted him." I'm ssorry for how I've treated you."
Asuka stated this with deep feeling and sorrow. For the first time in her life, she held her tremendous pride in check.
"I know that was hard for you swallowing your pride." He said.
"It's just as hard for me to talk about it as well." He hugged her reassuringly.
"I want you to know that if you have anything to talk about , you know about our Moms, you can talk to me, OK?"
After a few moments to collect her thoughts, she answered.
" Well, I will definitely keep that in mind My Baka Shinji!" She kissed him on the cheek,
and even in the dark she felt the heat of his blush.

After a few more minutes, she spoke up again startling a sleepy Shinji.
"Hey, Baka,!"
"Yeah, Asuka, What is it?" tightening his hug causing her to blush again.
"What do we do now?"
"About what?" Asked a groggy and confused third child. "This, (kissing him again, this time lightly on the lips) ...US!"
"Oh, (After a few moments of clearing his head) well I see us as very close friends,
who pilot EVAs and sometimes sleep together" He got a playful bop on the head from a miffed Asuka.
"Be serious Baka, tell me what you think of us now!"
He answered her in a most direct way he hugged her tightly again, then his lips met hers in a long and passionate kiss.
As he laid his head back on his pillow, Asuka held her head at the spot where they kissed just above his chest.
She slowly laid back on his chest with a joyous smile and finally said, "Well then My Baka, that would make us official
boy and girl friend doesn't it. Shinji answered by snoring lightly!
Asuka let out a quick chuckle and slowly drifted to sleep in his arms.
That night they slept peacefully for the first time in months!

Rei, couldn't sleep. she knew that things were about to change. Not just that more angels were on the way,
but in her relationships with the other, two pilots. As she gazed out over Tokyo-3 she felt a slight quivering in her chest.
She knew it was a feeling, but didn't know how to interpret it, since it was the first time she had felt it.
"something is happening to Ikari-kun, something pleasant." Then after a pause, "How did I know that?"
She stared out at the direction of Misato's apartment ,
and made a mental note to speak to Ikari-kun after the Harmonics test tomorrow.
She then got up and headed towards her tiny apartment to try to get some rest.
She had not had a good night's sleep ever since Shinji, and her had started to share the sunset's
on that hill overlooking Tokyo-3 over a week ago. She hoped that would continue.
However, she also hoped to be able to talk to him about all these emotions that she started to have.
"Iíll have to Talk to Dr. Akagi to check my dosage on my medications, maybe that is the cause,
or as I am a "Teenager" my hormone levels are starting to affect this change."
Then Rei thought some more and changed her mind. "I want to experience these emotions.
Well, tomorrow I will find out" As she made it to her apartment.

For over an hour Dr. Maya Ibuki was questioning a sleepy Kensuke Aida
about the reasons behind his attempted hacking into NERV'S Magi Computers.
As he explained Shinji's need to find out first about Rei, then Asuka, Maya finally started to comprehend
why not only Shinji wanted, but also whether she should allow it.
She had certain knowledge of the Projects, which involved Ritsuko, Rei, and the Commander.
She even knew the connection between Rei and Yui Ikari, what she was debating about was
should Shinji know at least that he was related to Rei, though not in the way he would have thought.
She had redirected Kensuke's outings to the Magi Computers, and at first fed him limited information,
but now that she had information on Rei, and a more complete set of information on Asuka.
Now she had to make a decision to allow enough information on Rei to hopefully satisfy Shinji,
while not getting herself or Kensuke killed.
"OK, Iíll send you the information you wanted, but you are not to hack into the Magi, again,
or so help me Iíll make sure you are thrown into a cold deep damp room full of roaches and rats!
Got me Kensuke?" bellowed an irate Maya!
Kensuke nodded yes as he was doing throughout the late evening, now early morning.
As he answered her questions he slowly started to look at Maya differently.
Oh sure she was in her 20's and was already a top scientist, assistant to the Great Dr.
Akagi, but she was young, and It seems that Kensuke Aida had found a new focus for his attention,
away from Rei, and Misato (Well not Misato really just different).
Maya Ibuki! As hentai thoughts floated in Kensuke's head about Misato, he was jolted into reality by Maya.
"She's so cute when she's angry, WOW!" thought a now enamored Kensuke.
Maya for her part had admired Kensuke's ingenuity, but nothing more than that.
As she left the Aida home she started to check on how to deal with this
and gathered her thoughts for the coming day,
as she knew she had to make some tough decisions soon on Kensuke Shinji, and Rei.

Next, Chapter #4: An Encounter with Truth
What will the change in The pilot's relationship lead to? Will Rei react to this, or will she not? Well see soon Kiddies!