Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Sibling Bonds ❯ Love Lost, Love found! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimers:
Neon Genesis Evangelion and all related characters, concepts, etc. are
Property of ADVision and Gainax. I only *wish* they were mine.
Please try to be good to me; this is a Revision of my first stab at an Evangelion "Only" Fic.
If you have read this whole fic, I do state now this is a Waffy fic, with a bit of action as well!
Thanks to Laval for pre reading this chapter!

Sibling Bonds

Chapter #6: Love Lost, Love found!

A pounding on his front door shook Kensuke Aida from his computer. He was familiar with it since the same sound was
Heard the day before when Dr. Ibuki visited.
So he made his way to his front door quietly thinking that maybe Dr. Ibuki had gotten the gift he sent earlier. As he was thinking
of her reactions he opened the door and froze as a hand flashed in front of him and within seconds he was on the floor.
"Ouch, what was that for?" asked a perplexed Kensuke!
Before the answer came, he was yanked up by his ear and was led by a fuming Maya Ibuki. What came out of her mouth made
Kensuke think she was in the Navy. The utter amount and complexity of the remarks given by the NERV Scientist would have
made King Kong's Mother faint.
After five solid minutes of non-stop verbal attacks, Maya finally breathed and then stared at a whimpering Kensuke. She then came up to his face within 2 inches of it and said;
"If you ever do that sort, type or kind of stunt like that again, I'll personally dip you in Bakelite and feed you to the EVA's as an
appetizer, got me Mister!"
Yes mam, Yes mam, Yes mam, Yes mam, Yes mam, Yes mam, Yes mam! He stopped when another slap connected with the other
side of his face joining the read mark already there.

"I just wanted to let you know that I cared about you, aanndd (He was being held up by his collar on his tippy toes as he was
saying this) I would like to learn all I can from a master scientist such as yourself. Now he looked like a whipped dog

"What do you mean by that? And be careful of what and how you say, or you'll be deader than the Dead Sea!"
stated an irate Dr. Ibuki

"I know you are the top assistant to Dr. Ikari head of NERV's Research department. You are a genius, as she is. I and the other
students in my class are also geniuses in our own right. Each of us is that in different areas, Shinji in organizational skills, Rei in Physics, Asuka in Astrophysics and Biology. Even Touji in physiology and athletic development. I myself obviously in Computer system analysis and research." Maya was taking in all this with a confused look!

"How did you know of NERV personnel I.Q. scores or any data like that, tell me!"

"I am a hacker! I can get into almost any computer on this world, and I have gotten to all of the Magi computers up to a point.
Even the ones outside of Japan!"
Not trying to be boastful, but the information started to sink in to Maya. She knew now that she had two choices, one she could call Section 2 and Kensuke would disappear forever, or, she could allow him to live. Maya was not Gendo Ikari, and she did not want the death of anyone on her hands, so she thought what is the best way to keep an eye on him?
(By letting him be my Non paid gofer, and if what he says is true so much the better.")
She then let go of the boy's collar, he fell to the floor for the second time, and then she spoke;
"OK, I will allow you to be my aide, non paid of course and after school only! And, you will follow all NERV directives and
orders from any personnel. That means anyone whose authority you are under, which means everyone at NERV. And that includes the pilots!" Kensuke then thought "That means I can be ordered around by .....Asuka!?!? Oh no, not that please."
Do you understand this Mr. Aida! (She was again 2 inches from his very red face.)
"OK, I am yours to order, mam." ( Though showing no reaction other than embarrassment, Kensuke was jumping up for joy inside at the thought of working for NERV. Although he would not be a pilot, he at least had his foot in the door, but at the cost of having to deal with Asuka!)
"But, even one wrong move, one missed assignment, one screw-up, and you'll be in front of a firing squad, is that clear Mr.
Aida!" (Maya had put her hard core face on to intimidate Kensuke. Well most anyone could, so it worked!). After the exchange,
Maya informed Kensuke of his schedule and where to report to the next day . After they exchanged good-byes, Maya headed for
the picnic and discussion with the pilots, while Kensuke went back to his computer, giddy at the coming day's events.

As they left Rei's apartment, Shinji had taken Rei's arm and tucked in to the crevice of his arm. He was taking the teaching of proper behavior for siblings whole heatedly.
"This is how we can walk to and from anyplace while showing others that we are friends, or siblings."
Rei had asked Shinji just as they were leaving how a sibling can show his or her affection without kissing or hugging, he was
simply answering the question.
"So, this tells those around us that we care for each other, but not in a way that would be more intimate? Asked a still questioning
Rei.

"Well, (He stopped her) if we would hold each other closely, and have our arms around each other, that would be more intimate,
siblings could do this, but most often a boyfriend and girlfriend would hold each other like this!" (Now Shinji was becoming
nervous as the closeness with his sister was becoming uncomfortable.)

"Therefore, we could hold each other like this some of the time, when an emotion or event called for it, while you and Asuka can hold each other like this all the time, given your intimate relationship?
Is this a correct assumption Shinji-kun?" asked Rei.

"Yyeess! Now Rei-chan, can we continue to walk as we had before please?" Asked a nervous Shinji.

"That is acceptable, Shinji-kun." (Rei then returned to having Shinji hold her arm on the crook of his arm.
The continued towards the large grass covered ledge overhang over Tokyo-3.

A few minutes later Rei asked another question. Shinji was thinking what he had started by saying to her that;

FLASHBACK-
"can I ask you about other questions regarding emotions and relationships?"
Asked Rei

"Of course, What are brothers for? I will always be there for you Rei, remember that."
END FLASHBACK-

"What have I done?" Shinji asked himself mentally

"What is the difference between Like and Love Shinji-kun?"

(Oh, take me now please take me right now, have an angel sit on me and I will be more relieved than wishing my father had a sense of humor!) Rei, continued to ask an exasperated Shinji as they made their way to their picnic dinner.

Asuka was fuming. Not only had Maya not gotten there on time, neither had her boyfriend and Rei Ayanami. Now this alone
would have set the second child off, but the idea that her Shinji was going to ask Rei some questions that could either strengthen
her relationship with him, or threaten it by making Rei more of a rival put Asuka in a mood between Godzilla and Gendo Ikari.
both as lethal.

A heavy sigh was heard about 2 minutes later when Shinji and Rei made their way towards the angry Second child.

"Well, what is your excuse, you two? Why are you late?" Asked an annoyed Asuka.

"We , were delayed by... by..." stuttered a nervous Shinji.

"I had several questions on relationships and as he was demonstrating those answers, we had to stop periodically for him to explain them to me." Answered a now emotionless Rei.

"Demonstrate? Explain? What do you mean Wonder girl, What did Shinji show you?" Asuka was now more curious, and more mad.

Shinji just stood there saying nothing, but by his body language, he was telling Asuka he was scared to answer! But, even as Asuka was mad, she knew what to ask Rei to calm her down and let Shinji off the hook.

"Well Rei, are you my Shinji's sister?"

"Yes, I am his sibling!" Answered a slightly pinkish Rei!

"Ok, I will accept that and not question you on your lateness, Rei-chan!" said Asuka
As they made their way to the blanket with their dinner Asuka whispered to Shinji;
"You WILL fill me in on your demonstrations Liepshin (German for Lover)!"
Shinji started to pale and nodded yes, but kept his composure enough to sit down and started to eat the dinner prepared by Asuka. Rei was surprised to see a salad prepared just for her.

"Thank you Asuka-san, I didn't know you knew of my vegetarian diet."

"Well, Rei, I did read your personnel file and being that it mentioned you were a vegetarian, so I knew all about that."

As the pilots were eating, Maya Ibuki finally showed up. "Sorry, I had to deal with a personnel problem." (The pilots looked at
her rather puzzled due to the fact that she was winded and as red as a tomato. They either thought she ran all the way there, or it really was A real Personal Problem!)
"Well let's eat, and then we'll talk." Maya then began eating, the others following suit.

After they ate, Maya got down to the business at hand.
"I now know what Kensuke and you (Looking at Shinji) dug up on your backgrounds." She paused, then went on. " I want to
know what you know now!" Looking at Shinji.
"I know Rei is my half-sister, and that we have the same mother, but not the same father." Shinji looked at Rei, who sat passively
by, expressionless.

"What else did you find out?" Asked Maya.

"I found out about Asuka's mother, and how we discovered how our mother's died for this E-project!"
Shinji now had a scowl on his face showing his growing anger. He reached out and held Asuka's hand, who herself was frowning and looked perturbed.

Maya was observing the reactions of the pilots, Rei of the three was the least affected, or so she looked.

Maya then asked; "Rei, Will you report all this to the commander?"

Rei sat for just under a minute before she gave her response, which of course did exasperate her fellow pilots. They did not come
here to talk about this and then have the commander find out and possibly punish them or worse.

"I would not tell the commander this since it is a personal matter, and not a part of our duties at NERV, so I see this as separate."

All wondered when in their lives they had heard Rei talk for so long and forceful.

"All right, well as long as there was no other information leaked or found (She looked at the pilots carefully as she said this)
Then I can safely assume you will tell no one of this, especially you Shinji!"

"What , why would I tell anyone this?" answered a defensive Shinji.

"No one is to know Rei is your sister, it would compromise NERV's security."

Shinji looked perplexed, not only could he not say that Rei was his sister, but he was more worried that after finally getting her
out of her shell somewhat, that Rei would revert to her cold emotionless self he knew of previously.

"But, Can't I even treat her like a sister?"

"I really want to continue that as well Shinji" Answered Rei, with a slight frown on her face.

Maya looked at the two, and as she was about to answer, Asuka said;

"Look Lt. Ibuki,... Maya I have finally found someone who is like me (She looked At Shinji with a smile, he smiled back) who has a similar background as me. Who now has told me her cares for me. Well I care for him (She holds his hand) and if he can't show Rei how to be a sister, I can't allow that to happen!" (she had a determined look as she looked at Maya) Now Asuka has had ambivalent feelings for Rei since she came to Tokyo-3. But now with the truth known, not just Rei's, but Shinji's and herself, she'd be damned if Shinji didn't get a chance at being happy. And if he was happy, she would be also.

Maya for her part understood them all, so she answered;

"Well, OK, you can continue to act as if you have just do not tell anyone. Just say you are friends" (looking at Shinji and Rei).
"In addition, your relationship with Shinji doesn't have to be a secret Asuka, just please guys' no more detective work, OK. If you have a question about anything else, please see me first OK?" (Maya didn't know of the incident at the school earlier)
Each child nodded their heads yes, and with that Maya said her good byes and headed for the nearest Train station and home.

As night fell on the trio, all were gazing on the change of colors from dusk to night. The lights of the city shown brightly against
the night's sky. For several minutes, the children were silent as they laid back and watched. All through this, Shinji had held both
girls hands as they sat on either side of him. Then he suddenly got up and faced both of them.

"Girls, I want to ask you both something, it is very important to me, so please let me finish uninterrupted."

As they both looked into his eyes both finally acknowledged a fact, he had deep blue eyes!
Both were taken aback at this as they continued to stare at him.

"If anything should happen to anyone of us, and I mean anyone of us, the other two will help the other."
Both girls registered this in their heads and knew what he was saying, but he added;
"If anything does happen to us, please promise me neither of you will do something foolish or foolhardy, please?"
He was squeezing their hands and had a pleading look sort of like a puppy. All the girls could do was to nod their heads yes.

He then surprised them both by bringing them into a hug, with his hands around each girl's necks and hugging them tightly. they
heard him whimper and cry as he held them, they both looked at each other behind Shinji's head and nodded to each other, they
hugged him back and the trio stayed there in that position for a few minutes both rubbing his back to comfort him..

After they left the area, Asuka and Shinji walked Rei to her apartment.
As they got there, and Asuka finally saw the filthy apartment, she asked Rei;
"Rei-chan, why do you live in such a rundown building?"

"It is where the commander assigned me to live." Rei answered. Asuka Hrummped!
"Do you do everything he tells you Rei?" Dropping the chan as she was becoming aggravated.

"No,... I won't tell him about our meeting with Lt. Ibuki, or the knowledge we gained, or the...!"

"Ok, ok, I get it. But since we now know your Shinji's sister, why don't you come live with us, or at the very least live in the
vacant apartment next to us! then you can spend more time with us!" (What I do for my Baka Shinji, and love! Man I must be
really, head over heels for this Baka!) After another of those Rei Pauses, she stated;

"I think I would like that. I have to talk to the commander first to get permission, but I do not see a problem!"

"Well then, why don't you get your clothes for tomorrow and you can stay in my room!" stated an enthusiastic Asuka. She knew if she got Rei to stay in her room, she could sneak to Shinji and sleep with him as she did the night before.
Plus it would make Shinji happy, and with Shinji happy, Asuka would be just as happy, since it would mean she could cuddle with
him again that night.

After Rei got a duffel bag and her things in it, they headed back towards Misato's apartment and what hoped to be a brighter and
happier day.

However, as things get better for the pilots, a monkey wrench usually pops up to spoil it.
As they walked, several hundred miles off the Japanese shore, a black and white sphere was appearing then disappearing with a grayish flat circular area beneath the sphere appearing every time it disappeared. after a few more times doing that, the sphere began heading for Japan, and Tokyo-03!

Next Chapter: The Sea of Dirac
The 12th Angel takes Shinji and Unit-01, while the girls fight their emotions and themselves. Misato and Ritsuko try one last
desperate attempt to save Shinji. But, what will it really cost them. Finally, the 4th child is chosen, and the children's loyalties To NERV, and each other are challenged.

Author's Notes:
Ok some of you are probably wondering Why I haven't mentioned some of the other characters. Well, I am concentrating on the relationships of Shinji, Asuka and Rei. I will say that Hikari and Touji will make an appearance soon as well as the commanders and the rest, but I will focus on The pilots, and secondarily on Kensuke and his pursuit of Maya. Also, I do not write lemons, well maybe some Limey parts but that's about it. So if there is any reference to an encounter, it will be handled as well as possible without detail. Sorry to you Hentai's but, I don't do Porn! Well, see you soon!

P.S.- Remember, this story is still being revised.

P.S.#2- Thanks to Andre Laval for pre reading this chapter!