Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Sibling Bonds ❯ Climactic Chaos ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimers:

Neon Genesis Evangelion and all related characters, concepts, etc. are Property of ADVision and Gainax. Thanks to Datexan, for pre reading this Final chapter!

You wanted action ... you got it!

** Just a warning, this will have more sci-fi elements in this, and the following chapter. They're needed for this story to continue, and please remember, this is an A/U story.

'Â Â '= A telepathic conversation.

( )= A person's thoughts

Sibling Bonds

Chapter #16: Climatic Chaos

We pick this up around the middle of Chapter 15.

The Commander's Response

How could they have done that, and to him! SEELE, well the old men deserved to be chastised, and it was a great sight to see Keel Lorenz at a loss for words. But to tell him the same thing! Well he wouldn't stand that at all. Those who had gathered for the SEELE meeting had to gasp and sputter at the information in front of them.


Their charge, Kaoru Nagisa, the Fifth child and pilot of Evangelion Unit-05, had basically told them to "sit tight while I make my decision". That it got him in a bull's eye of Nerv, and SEELE. But when they found out that it was a list of people the Fifth child was observing that was used in order to make that final decision. He even gave them a the list, which included all of SEELE and every person Kaoru had known for any real length of time, and of course all the Nerv personnel he met especially the Pilots and their friends. Well that really got SEELE's chairman in a knot.SEELE-01: "What is the Fifth doing? Why isn't he following orders? What happened to cloud his mind and his loyalty?"

Another folder was given to all members including Gendo Ikari. It contained what was observed through a certain hospital room's window with infrared equipment. It documented the transferring of some type of power, and it was later analysed that two human souls from the Fourth child, to the First child, then to the Second

SEELE-05: "This is preposterous, only the Evas can take a human soul like that."

SEELE-03: "Well you can see it for yourself, the children seem to be able to transfer their souls at will."

SEELE-12: "Then maybe the third Rei, really is still the second."

"With what is shown here, I could say that yes, that is a possibility," said a concerned Gendo Ikari.

SEELE-07: "Then how does these variances to the scenario affect the Instrumentality project?" But the Commander was not given a chance to answer.

SEELE-01: "This cannot go on, Ikari, remedy the First child problem, and WE will talk to the Fifth child."

SEELE-08: "Haven't any of you noticed something?"

SEELE-01, and the Commander in unison: "WHAT?"

SEELE-08: "All of this; Instrumentality, the Angels, and so on is based on the fact that humanity has reached it's evolutionary limits. The changes in the children as well as the confusion of the Fifth. Can't you all see that Humanity is evolving right in front of us? The scenario is now mute." He then paused to see the reactions of his collages. When no one said anything, he concluded, "As the children evolve, so will their offspring," He added as all knew of the pilots developing relationships, "and as they procreate so will humanity."

As the idea sunk in, even Keel Lorenz had to think hard of what the American SEELE delegate had said. The children, with their obvious connections to Eva were evolving. And not just a hybrid like Rei Ayanami, but all the pilots had developed new powers that they could use outside the entry plugs of the Evas. He wouldn't even be surprised if they could conjure up huge AT fields, and even fly.

SEELE#1: "So, what your saying is that, due to the children's evolution, humanity is not at an evolutionary dead end, and that Instrumentality is not coming soon, but may be in our future. Our far, far future?"

As they contemplated this Kiel reached under his desk, and he set his secret agenda in motion. "It won't matter now, I have everything under control" He had the Japanese forces at Nerv's gates when his signal went out.

Then an alarm had gone off as first Gendo, then Kiel were on their phones talking to some unnamed subordinate.

"I think you should see this." Gendo then hit a button in his console, and all saw through their holographic screens, both scenes.

AN:( Boy they sure like their buttons don't they!)

One was Rei in the room of Gauf, containing the Rei clones, while the second had Shinji Touji and Asuka literally flying through the hallways seemingly taking out the now invading Japanese government forces. They weren't killing them; but seemingly knocking them out. They simply came up and touched the soldiers on their foreheads causing them to fall over, unconscious while the soldiers were firing and advancing on them. But protecting the children was a visible red hexagonal field with an ethereal glow, behind the shield the children had smiles on all their faces.
Â

The council was now … nervous.

SEELE-11: "Are they all angels?"

SEELE-01: "No, their blood signature is red, even Rei Ayanami… who should be blue."

Then a second alarm came from all the bases, which contained the MP-Evas.
A call came into SEELE. "All the dummy plug are ... evaporating, the Evas are shutting down, they're inoperable," came a voice that was cut off by Kiel.
Then another figure joined Rei. It was Kaoru Nagisa who then took Rei's hands.
Then a visible pulse went out from the two Hybrid children and the clones that were now laughing slowly started to dissolve, and disintegrate within the Room of Gauf's tanks.
Then a flash of light and all five children were floating in The Eva cages.

As the Children were seen floating in front of their respective Evas, Kaoru then floated behind Shinji and smiled at him. "You want her to be free, don't you Shinji." The Third Child quietly nodded with a tear or two coming down his cheeks; Kaoru simply nodded and held his hands out palms forward. A soft ray of light then emerged from his hands and enveloped the huge purple Eva, it's core glowed brightly red, then a single glowing figure emerged from the core which then floated in front of Shinji and the figure gained human form. Rei approached and was gathered up as well.

"Yui." was heard in a broken voice from a now stunned Commander Gendo Ikari.

"What? If that's her, then they can release the rest of the trapped souls in the other Evas." uttered SEELE: O5.

Kiel simply smiled, as he knew that if all of the souls were released then the Evas would be controllable. He then used his phone and after a quick conversation his smile widened.

He looked back up as Kaoru was in front of Eva Unit-02. "Asuka, to make up for our father's mistakes, I think she should be free to ascend. Don't you think so?"

Asuka realised what this strange boy was saying. Not only that he was her half brother as Rei was Shinji's half sister, but that he had the power to release her mother's spirit from the Red mecha. She gave him a profound look before simply nodding. Kaoru nodded back and went about doing the same thing he did for Unit-01. Within 5 minutes he released all of the spirits within the Evas and after some tearful farewells with their children, including Touji's mother, the spirits slowly rose away from their children waving, and made their way to their destined place.

Then Kiel called on his cell phone and simply said "Initiate Plan RDP."

As the rest of the council, and a now saddened Gendo Ikari watched the Evas all activated.

"What the hell?" Asuka shouted as the Eva's all tried to grab their former pilots with obvious intent. 'Scatter and re-group topside.' Shinji said mentally and the children flew at top speed through the corridors of Nerv to try and beat the Evas to the Geo-Front.

"Wait, one is heading for Terminal Dogma. It's Unit-01!" Rei told Shinji, looking back he grit his teeth then doubled back to fight his own Eva. Unknown to him, Kaoru followed him, as Rei, Asuka and Touji made it to the surface and manipulated their AT-Fields to take up Prog knives and palette guns waiting for their own Eva to show up to fight them.

Meanwhile, Ritsuko Akagi entered Terminal Dogma and observed the children on a nearby monitor. SEELE was observing the occurrences there, above at the Geo-Front, and at their bases with apprehension.

Gendo excused himself, and headed for his express elevator, which ended in Terminal Dogma. Kiel Lorenz simply smiled. 'I will use the Evas to kill two birds with one stone.' he thought, as he anticipated what would happen at the depths of Terminal Dogma.

Before they had time to truly grasp the situation, Gendo entered the large room, and lifted his hand that contained the Adam embryo towards both The Purple Eva who had just got there, and Shinji who floated in from the opposite side. Kaoru found himself a hidden space above the action unfolding below. Slowly, and helplessly, The Eva and Shinji who had started to skirmish with each other were now being drawn towards The Nerv Commander.

Gendo now had a smile on his face. If he couldn't get Yui back through his original plan, then he'll use his son and Unit-01 to start Instrumentality, joining her in the process.

SEELE-05: "No, Ikari's trying to start his own form of instrumentality."

SEELE-03: " Without the MP-Evas, we're helpless to stop it." He slammed his hands on the table in front of him.

SEELE-01"This cannot go on." He then hit a concealed button and all them turned to the scene before them.

A large Purple hand grabbed Gendo before Shinji could reach him. Kaoru floated down from behind Shinji with concern on his face. With Gendo's hands sticking out from between the Eva's fingers Kaoru shot an energy bolt right at Gendo's hand that still held the Adam embryo.

An ear-piercing scream echoed off the walls of Terminal Dogma shaking even the LCL in front of the Second Angel Lillith. Then darkness reined as the power failed.

Back above on the Geo-Front itself, The three controlled Evas were destroying the buildings and other equipment that was there. The children were literally playing hide and seek with the three Evas in a new and much more drastic level. Then all three children, Rei, Touji and Asuka gathered at one end of the Geo-Front waiting for their former Evas to charge and bring the battle to them! They knew their Eva's better than anyone. In unison the three Evas charged their former Pilots. They in turn waited …and …waited until their Evas were within striking distance when they simply … vanished!

The Evas scanning the areas around where the children had been not a moment before were stunned and literally swept off their feet as the pilots had literally taken the feet out from under the Evas. Then as they dragged them with all their might up into the air, they let them go and then took the abandoned Prog Knives. Using their newfound powers, they created a small sliver in the Eva's AT-Field. It was too small for them to slip through, but big enough for a Prog knife to slip through! Within the next ten to fifteen seconds, and with the push of the power from each of the three the Prog knives struck into the giant mechas. They eventually cracked the cores of the Evas, resulting in three successive concussions as they all three blew up. Those in Terminal Dogma heard and felt the Explosions, as somehow the power came back and there, not 10 feet in front of the Second Angel was the mangled remains of one Gendo Ikari held within a purple Mecha's hand.

Below and above the Eva were Shinji and Kaoru respectively using their AT-fields to prevent the Eva from ramming the remains of the Commander's mangled hand into the First angel staying off a possible third-impact.

' Kaoru, you have to stop Unit-01, I'll power up and see what I can do to stop…'

Shinji didn't have time to finish as Kaoru flew towards the purple Eva with the intent of grabbing the hanging hand containing the remains of the First Angel. It then occurred to him, he couldn't touch it. So, sweeping under the Eva, through its legs he grabbed one of Dr. Akagi's smocks.

He doubled back and swept up right in front of and between the Eva and the Second Angel taking the remains of Adam in the smock. Flying up an access tunnel the Eva finally reacted and ran to the same tunnel, starting to climb up as well. Shinji then floated down and made sure Ritsuko was ok, and then took off after the purple Eva and his friend. He noticed that even though the Eva was angry it couldn't go berserk, which was his worry, it needed a pilot, namely him to do that. With him on the outside he knew he had a chance to beat it.

As Kaoru shot into the air of the Geo-Front, he gawked at the devastation the three Evas hand wrought. He then tried to sense the other children, and suddenly found them all on the ground. Asuka, he found under a car, which aided by the explosion had flown through the air and landed on her. Luckily her AT-Field held long enough to avoid being squashed completely, but the car had still pinned her down. As he descended to help her he saw Touji with an obviously mangled leg holding Rei who wasn't moving. His thoughts were being seen by Shinji and he knew that Shinji had just accelerated and knocked the Purple Unit-01 Eva down a few stories as he swept by it to get to the Geo-Front and those he cared for. Within seconds he was helping Kaoru lift the car from Asuka to see that her arm was crushed when her AT-Field had given out.

"Asuka, ASUKA please wake up!" Shinji gathered her in his arms and began crying. Kaoru then saw a similar situation not far away as Touji held an unconscious Rei tightly, rocking her like a baby, while he was muttering incoherently. Kaoru couldn't even sense her mentally, yet he could feel the Eva climbing towards them. He knew the children were in no shape mentally or physically so he knew what he had to do.

He floated to Shinji and handed him the severed and smashed hand of his deceased father. "Shinji, I'll be a little busy in a few minutes can you get rid of this and take care of your love, and your friends. I will finish this one way, or another." Shinji immediately knew what his friend and last angel wanted to do.

"Kaoru you can't do that, let me put Asuka in a safe…"

Kaoru put his hand on his friends Shoulders. "Shinji, If you care about Asuka, and care about Rei, and Touji, then you'll let me do this and get away from this place."

Kaworu then smiled at his friend, "Plus, you need to tell SEELE the truth." He then flew into the air and used his powers to grab a prog knife. As this was going on Ritsuko, Misato, and a medical team rushed out of one of the side entrances to the Geo-Front as he floated in front of where he felt the Eva would appear.

Surprisingly, a certain scruffy bearded looking agent also came out of the entrance that Ritsuko and Misato had used. He came and got Asuka from Shinji's arms as Ritsuko and some of the medical teams were beside Touji and Rei. Misato was stunned at Kaji's re-appearance, but she then calmed down, when Shinji called her name. She then set up a quick cam for Shinji to use.

Shinji composed himself as best he could then nodded to Misato, who then turned the camera on.

"To Nerv, and the members of SEELE. We know of your plans to create a Third Impact, to join the whole human race into one by killing us all, and as of right now Instrumentality… is dead!"

Asuka whispered "Kaji…" and after running her fingers over his rough chin she hugged the agent. While a certain major, after observing what had happened began making her way down to them as well.

"Well, agent Kaji, your death was obviously greatly exaggerated." Said a slightly smiling Misato. Then she asked him, "Are you the reason the children knew all that they did?"
Kaji smiled his adulterous and suave smile. "Well, part of it was to know the truth, but the rest was for them, and for you my love."

"Is this true?" Maya's scared voice was clearly heard through the Comm link, ", that you wanted us untied as one, and that meant dissolving all into one?" Maya asked through her Comm link.

Shinji responded, "Yes, those who make up the SEELE membership already knew that, didn't you."

The SEELE council sat in silence until Shinji continued, "Your plan to unite Humanity, and control it, is dead."

Kiel ever the confidant leader begged to differ. "My deal Third Child, you have forgotten the Eva I control. How can you even say that our plans are for nought."

Shinji smiled and then turned the camera on the Fifth Child Kaoru Nagisa.

Who had enveloped the Purple Eva in his own personal AT-Field. He then slowly picking up speed floated up straight up into the sky. The hole made by Unit-00, was used as he continued above the devastated City of Tokyo-3 and into the upper atmosphere, he knew he wouldn't be coming back as he then changed direction, and sent himself, and the trapped Eva towards the Sun. He then sped up to almost unbelievable speeds to an almost certain death.

Within three minutes at almost the speed of light a bright arc of light was seen throughout the world witnessed the last of The Fifth Child, Kaoru Nagisa, and Evangelion Unit-01.

Then SEELE, and now the rest of the world saw the impossible, Adam, in Ritsuko's smock and Lillith on her cross both started to slowly disappear, right in front of their eyes and viewing monitors.

All looked back up at the explosion, then as eyes fell on Shinji, his continuance changed and though he was Shinji, he now seemed to be more. Rei was the first to understand, as she breathed out his name, " Kaoru..."

Asuka looked at him nervously as he began to speak.

"That above all, which is all powerful has made a decision, all materials and all information concerning the Angels, the Evas, and Instrumentality will be taken, as you have seen with Adam and Lillith. At an appropriate time in the far future, all will be put back and the final decision will be made then. As has been said previously, Humanity is not stagnant, but evolving, but for now only we children have evolved. As time will proceed though, others will come, and not just the progeny of we children, but from those who see themselves as normal. We do not want, nor will seek power here even though we could take that power if we wanted." Shinji looked again at the children, He sighed looking and thinking at what almost could have happened. He smiled and continued. "We seek anonymity, and normal lives. To that end, we will disappear and join humanity on our own. Please understand this and we wish you luck in your new future."

Just as Misato had joined Kaji, she watched the pilots, all four children, sit up, rise in mid air, and join hands. A light slowly developed at the centre of their circle, It became brighter and more brilliant and within a few seconds, Misato and the others there and watching on their view screens saw her friends, her charges, her children disappear.Â

The overlook above what is left of Tokyo-3.

The Four children sit quietly and observing the activities below. It has been a week since their disappearance and they came to say their good byes.

Suddenly in front of them an ethereal form of Kaoru appeared. They got up and the children followed him as it floated to the edge. Shinji and Asuka were to his right, Touji and Rei to his left. He smiled then he spoke.

Kaoru looked at his friends fondly. Then he took a breath through his semitransparent lips and spoke"That which has been spoken through Shinji to you has come to pass, the one who has taken the First and Second angels wants me to …Thank you all." His arms spread before him indicating the children there. The four children looked happy, thankful and relieved. But Touji and then Shinji both came to a singular conclusion. Rei and Kaoru were alike in many ways. All materials related to the Evas and the angels vanished after Kaoru's sacrifice, except Rei. Now, with looks of concern, they asked their angelic friend mentally. 'What about Rei? With her being…' they did not want to say the words, even mentally as it only ground into them that she was part angel. 'Will she have to leave?' Touji was now holding Rei's hand tightly, clearly not wanting her to go, while Shinji stared intently at his Angelic friend, and what he would say next.

Kaoru genuinely smiled at them, and put an ethereal hand on Shinji's shoulder. "Please, you should not worry. I have to simply touch her and she will have her angelic side taken away, while leaving her evolved human form." They tried to understand what Kaoru had said, then after the children mentally checked Kaoru 's assertion, they found what he had said it to be true. Rei then slowly disengaged herself form Touji's grasp, looking at him trying to assure him that she would be fine. Touji looked at her then at the see through Kaoru. She took both his hands in hers and squeezed them. Touji looked back at her and was relieved at her calming gaze. She then made her way, and stood in front of Kaoru. "Do not worry little sister, he wants you to have the life you would have been denied." His look to her was genuine, and she accepted this and his intentions as sincere.

She looked at the seventeenth angel with an assured look, tilting her head to the side.

"I am ready."

Kaoru simply nodded and put his left hand on her fore head and his right on her abdomen where her S-2 engine was. An ethereal glow then enveloped the two and when it ceased, Rei had changed. She now had brownish black hair where it had been an azure blue. And her eyes, her eyes were now a bluish green, instead of the crimson red she's had since she was awakened. The three children were speechless, even Asuka couldn't say much now that Rei looked, well normal. Within seconds though they knew through their link that she was still their Rei. Then Kaoru spoke.

"I hope you live full and happy lives. You all deserve it."

"But, aren't you going to stay and experience that Lillum life you so admired, and fought for?" Shinji asked his friend.

"Though I would have been happy to do that, I'm were I belong." He looked at the worried looks they gave him. "Oh do not worry about me, I knew what I was doing plus he did as well. I'm simply being reassigned. So please promise me to live life to the fullest, and be happy." He then went to hug them. First Rei, who was right there, gave him a sisterly kind of hug and gave him that rare smile she reserved only for her closest friends. He then got a Manly hug with a powerful pat on the almost invisible back from Touji who quickly thanked him and wrapped his arms around Rei from behind her.

After getting his breath he saw a reluctant Asuka make her way towards him. She regarded him for a few moments before she wrapped her arms around him tentatively and whispered, "Thanks for being Shinji's friend, and for choosing to help us." She the stared at him with a serious look, " It would have torn him up if you had not helped us."

He got the hidden meaning, but smiled at her. "I made my decision because of how much I care for him. Because he is the most purest of Lillum souls, and for his kindness and caring I made my decision." He then took Asuka's hand. "Take care of him, … sister." She looked at him confused, then remembered who he was raised by … her father. She looked up at him and simply nodded. As she turned she ran into Shinji's arms. The bewildered boy simply held his girlfriend while looking at his friend.

Kaoru simply nodded and after a few minutes to calm Asuka down she nodded and went to stand next to Touji and Rei. Shinji then approached the departing Angel.

They both then smiled at each other and hugged. A friendly and caring hug. Then Kaoru said, "You and your friends are the best of the Lillum in compassion, strength, and caring. You, my friend even through the adversity of your life, have been able to conquer your feelings of inadequacy and unworthiness with the help and love of your friends and family will make a fine example of why I chose you over my urge to unite with Adam." He then let him go and floated a few feet above them. Then the being known to them as Kaoru Nagisa, and Tabirus, the seventeenth Angel to others simply faded away almost like ashes when the wind blows it away. They stood there, the four remaining Eva pilots, for a few more moments until with a silent mental signal they held hands, and in the same brilliant light shown earlier that week in Terminal Dogma they also disappeared.

________________________________________________________________ _____
Â

Dis-instrumentality

Lillith just disappeared, as well as Gendo's severed hand that contained the embryonic Adam. While the Kaoru clones all seemed to have dissolved, as had the Rei clones. All Eva equipment including the skeletons in Terminal Dogma and the Evas themselves also disappeared at the same time the first and second angel had. SEELE and their cohorts did not escape the initial investigations by the world's major governments, and the UN. Within a few months all were put in trial for the genocide of half the population of earth.
Kouzou Fuyutsuki were found guilty, and given 20 years in prison.
Ritsuko Akagi had a nervous breakdown, and was in a mental institution for a few months before Misato and Ryoji Katsuragi got her out, with their help, she recovered and is now a researcher for the UN in curing genetic diseases. As for the rest, the Bridge Bunnies went into industrial jobs based on their organisational skills, while one of them, Shigeru Aoba became a popular studio musician. As for Hikari Horaki and Kensuke Aida, their romance cooled to a warm friendship and they are now roommates at Tokyo-2 University.

As for the pilots, well they literally disappeared and haven't been seen since the Terminal Dogma incident. But reports keep coming in from various parts of the world of weird occurrences and of flying people and others simply disappearing.

Five years later;

Four students departed a bus that let them off on the edge of Yokohama University. As the four strolled past the local newspaper heralding "The last of the SEELE Council, Executed!"

The headline brought several sighs from the group, then each boy had taken the hand of each girl. Though all had the normal looks of the average Japanese College students , they knew the girls dyed their hair and all had new identities.

The headline brought several sighs from the group, and then the two boys took the hand of one of the two girls near them, they continued on to their classes, and their futures.

Fin

Author's Notes: I hope this will make some of my more adventurous readers happy.

Now I still have four more Eva stories out there so read them as I update them!

Now if you want to sequel, side story, or rewrite in your own way , just drop me an e-mail and you're on your way!

Thanks for Reading and reviewing!

Dennisud

12/11/02 Complete!