Nightwalker Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Prophercy ❯ Walking and Talking ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

: Poke: Author's note
 
(Poke) thinking
 
“Poke” talking
 
< < < < Point Of View Change
 
 
Chapter four: Walking and talking
 
Shido and Silver are walking through the same park from the other night. They pass the gazebo and Silver stops and grabs Shido's hand.
 
“That's the gazebo I woke up under. I was almost buried under it. I had to claw my way out then I was freezing. But I couldn't bring myself to go back under.”
 
“It's alright now Young One. You're staying with me now. You never have to do it ever again.”
 
“I mean I didn't know who I was. I still don't. All I knew was that I was hungry and had to wake up, but I didn't know how I was going to eat and then it hurt so bad and I was so cold, I started to walk for awhile then I fainted. I think I saw you walking to me when I fainted.”
 
`”I told you that I saw you in the park right before you fainted.”
 
“Oh that's right you did. I forgot.”
 
“Come one Young One lets get away from here. It was a bad idea to take you back so soon after what happened.” He starts to lead Silver away.
 
She lets him lead her for a few minutes before she stops, puts her arms around Shido's waist and says, “Thank you Shido.”
 
“Why are you thanking me this time Young One?”
 
“Oh no reason. It's just that I remembered that I would either be dead in the park or in a hospital with doctors poking at me trying to figure out what I am.”
 
“You thanked me already there is no need to thank me again.”
 
She hugs him closer to her and says, “But I want to thank you. Because you will never know just how much this all means to me.”
 
“I think I may. Come on let's walk some more.”
 
Silver lets go of him so they can walk again. Shido tells her all about Cain. : You all have seen the show so it would be pointless to tell you all about him:
 
“So Cain took your memories away from you?”
 
“Yes Young One he did.”
 
“That means you're like me.”
 
“Yes I guess you could say that.”
 
“Is that why you are being so nice to me?”
 
“No, that has nothing to do with it.”
 
“Oh, ok I guess that would be silly.”
 
“I guess so. Come on Young One let's get out of this park.”
 
“I don't want to go back yet Shido.”
 
“We don't have to. There is still some time before sunrise. Let's walk around some more.”
 
“They walk out of the park and to the shopping district. While there Silver sees a jewelry store that has a three piece silver Celtic knot set.
 
“Shido could I please get that set?”
 
“Do you really want it?”
 
“Yes, I can't explain it, but it seems to be calling to me. Like it was made for me to have.”
 
“Ok, you can get it.”
 
“Thank you so much Shido.”
 
Shido goes in and buys the set for her. After he comes out he helps her put the necklace, bracelet, and ring on.
 
“It looks really beautiful on you Young One. It goes with your other necklace rather nicely.”
 
“Other necklace? What other necklace?”
 
“The chocker that you have on.” He takes it off to show her, and when he does she weakens a little. “This one.” He hands it to her and she regains most of the strength she lost.
 
“It's beautiful. Why didn't I notice it before?” She studies it hard and notices the inscription on the back. “What does this say? Can you read it Shido?” She hands it back to him and weakens again. (Why do I get weak when I don't have the necklace? I'll think about it later.)
 
“Sorry Young One I can't. Here let me put it back on you.” He puts it back on her and all of her strength returns to her.
 
“Can we go home now?”
 
“Sure Young One, let's go.”
 
They start the walk back home.
 
< < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < <
 
Once there Silver sits down looking really tired.
 
“Shido, I feel real tired now. What's happening to me?”
 
He comes and sits down next to her. “It's because your body is still changing, and it's only two hours until the sun rises. You won't have this problem once your older, then you will be able to stay up as long as you want as long as you stay out of the sun.” : Please excuse me if this is wrong. It makes sense to me that this would be kinda true so I wrote it in there like that:
 
Silver rests her head on Shido's shoulder and puts her arms around his waist.
 
Shido wraps his arms around her.
 
“Can I fall asleep here?”
 
“Yes go ahead and fall asleep Young One.” (I promise you that I'll protect you from everything that dares harm you. You are so young and don't really know what your life is going to be like now that you are a vampire. You are like a daughter to me and I only just met you. I hope that you get to find who you really are some day soon.)