Ninja Scroll Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Deliver Me ❯ Part 1: The Calling ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Deliver Me
By: Myst_Lady
mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Sailor Moon and Ninja Scroll belongs to respective companies. Please note names were used from the dubbed versions except Ninja Scroll. A Raye Hino/Sailor Mars centered fic.

Part 1: The Calling

-Early 1600s during the Tokugawa Period, Ancient Japan-

A storm swept through the countryside with heavy torrential rains and strong gusts of winds. Streaks of lightning flashed across the evening sky.

A lonely figure made its way up to the grand staircase leading to a sacred temple. "Bad omen," A woman spoke in a soft tone voice while staring up at the sky. She shook her head and continued to climb the stairs before her.

She soon arrived shortly at the temple. The elegantly designed temple had three-story high up and two statues of deities guarding the front entrance. The temple was surrounded with lush ornament trees. There were a number of shrines built within the area for daily offering.

The temple was dark and eerily quiet. She felt tiny goosebumps prickling along her skin and she shivered in response from the cold temperature. She approached a nearby shrine.

She reached out her hand and pulled the bell cords. The tiny bells made jingling sounds. The woman bowed and clasped her hand together in a prayer form.

"Please let there be peace and prosperity for my people and in this land..." She prayed silently. "I want all sufferings to end..."

"Why must you insist of being stubborn!?! You were warned not to come here anymore!!" A harsh, cruel voice broke into her thoughts.

"Who's there?" The woman asked, turning her head sideways. Her eyes widened in surprise and a loud gasp came out from her mouth. She backed slightly away from the shrine.

One of the statue's head moved to face her. Its piercing eyes glowed in the darkness. Suddenly, the statue vividly came to life. A fearsome dragon stood in its place.

"You will be punished for your disobedience. Now, you must die!" The dragon said fiercely.

"No please," The woman said hysterically, begging her life to be spared.

"Your fight is with me now..." A man stepped out of the shadows.

"How dare you intrude!" The dragon was enraged. "Foolish mortal? You wish to perish as well?"

"The name is Jubei Kibagami," The man replied, drawing out his kitana. "You're well heed to remember that." He positioned himself in a fighting stance, anticipating an onslaught attack. The dragon roared and lunged at a full speed.

"No!!!!" The woman cried out in vain...



-Present day, Tokyo Japan-

Raye's eyes were closed in full concentration. She sat quietly by the fire grate. Meditating was one of her daily routine in the morning before heading to school. A good technique that helped her relieved her tensions.

Her facial expression changed. She had a serious, anxious look on her face. "Sacred fire, I call upon your guidance." She chanted. "I'm sensing disturbances at bay. Please help me, sacred fire."

The fire suddenly leaped in flames. Raye opened her eyes and gasped at the burning intensity. She moved away from the flames.

She was breathing heavily and she could feel her heart racing. She never had this strange encounter before. "This is not good," She said. She stood up and walked out of the fire room.



Raye was walking along the halls of T*A Private School Girls. She was still upset and all shook up from this morning. "Boy, that was strange. I wonder if I did something wrong to the sacred fire?" She groaned and shook her head disapprovingly.

"Oh my, excuse me..." A woman collided into Raye and politely apologized. She was carrying a load of books and it fell to the floor.

"Could I get any clumsier? This isn't my day.." Raye thought mournfully. "I'm sorry. Let me help you with those." She said sincerely. She picked up the books and handed it to her. "Oh, Good morning, Ms. Kizayoto." Her face brightened in a smile. "Please forgive me for bumping into you." She bowed to her History teacher in greeting.

"It's good to see you, Raye." Ms. Kizayoto greeted back with a bow. "All's well and ends well, Raye." She smiled. "I should be the one apologizing. I didn't even see you. Actually, I was on my way outside to meet your classmates. Are you looking forward to this school trip?"

"It should be fun," Raye agreed. "And I need a little distraction..." She added silently.

"Good, shall we go then?" Ms. Kizayoto asked. Raye nodded and they continued chatting as they walked together side by side.



Raye was in a high spirits during the ride on the school bus. All of the clouded thoughts vanished from her mind. She was actually hoping to spend the time completing a project based on this trip. The bus arrived at the rendezvous point.

Each student descended one by one. "Please all in order," Ms. Kizayoto pleaded, trying to calm the noise down. Some of the students were loud and clowning around.

"Where DID she brings us?" A female student complained. She was disdainfully looking at a historical park.

"This is gonna be boring. SNORE!" Another male student smirked. Raye gave him an icy glare and he cringed.

"I know this place. Grandpa brought me here once." Raye said. "He showed me there was a temple in this park if I remember correctly."

"That's right, Raye." Ms. Kizayoto beamed. "And you will have the chance to see the temple again once we go through the guided tour. Come class, this way." She motioned the students to follow her. The students towed in line and entered through the iron gates.



The tour guide brought Raye and her classmates to a sacred temple. Raye was impressed and fell in love with the picturesque scene. It was beautiful and breathtaking temple she had ever seen. She had lived and worked in the Cherry Hill temple all her life. "But makes this temple so different?" She wondered. She felt a strong ties to the temple somehow.

"This temple is about 400 years old." The tour guide informed them. "Its origins still remains unknown to this day."

"This temple was found abandoned?" Raye asked in disbelief. "It couldn't be?"

"This was discovered during the early 1800s. There's no manuscripts nor records ever found." The tour guide explained.

"Oh," Raye looked disappointed.

"Any more questions?" The tour guide asked. The students shook their heads. "Alright, let's move on."

Raye stayed behind and wandered on her own. She came to a secluded area. She saw there were two graves. She bent down and picked up two fresh flowers that had fallen from the ground. She placed them carefully on each grave. She read one of the names. "Jubei Kibagami." She whispered. She noticed that the other name was missing. She prayed in silence.



She was no longer alone. She felt a presence behind her. She turned around and was stunned to find a beautiful lady in a red kimono. She was a Shinto Priestess like her. She was a ghost. Raye was trembling.

"Do not be afraid." The ghost spoke softly. There were remnants of tears in her sad stricken face. "It's all my fault and I am the one to be blamed. My spirit will not permit me to rest. You are my only hope left..."

Before Raye had a chance to answer her, a white light blinded her vision...

-TO BE CONTINUED-