Noir Fan Fiction ❯ Nothing to fear ❯ Fear itself ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nothing to fear
Disclaimer: Unfortunately Noir does not belong to me I forgot who it does belong to but it isn't me.
Fear couldn't even begin to describe the feeling Kirika felt now.
It was too simple a word to describe the feeling of her stomach dropping, her blood running cold, her eyes widening and her mind going blank of everything save for the thing she had been forced to confront. The thing that had terrified her since childhood.
A white hand reached for her and she screamed, burying her face into Mireille's shoulder.
The blond assassin turned to her companion in bewilderment then turn to face the Japanese girl's silent tormenter.
“It's just a mime, Kirika.”
“Make it go away, make it go away!” Mireille stood shell-shocked as Kirika started sobbing.
The mime tilted its head questioningly to Mireille who just shrugged and handed it a 2 euro coin as a parting gift.
“How can a person be afraid of mimes?” Mireille asked as Kirika released the vice-like grip she'd had on the taller woman's arm.
“I don't like them.”
“Well I figured that part out but I still don't understand why. How can a person who does what we do be afraid of a guy in white face make-up who doesn't even say anything?”
Kirika scowled
“I don't want to talk about it.”
“I'm serious. It's a very unusual thing to be afraid of. Spiders, clowns, heights, blood. I can understand all of those but mimes?”
“I said I don't want to talk about it!”
“Is it all mimes or just the ones who do the trapped in the box thing?”
“Mireille!” said blond smirked and Kirika lost her temper and started pouting.
By way of apology, since Kirika was probably the last person in the world you wanted to piss off, Mireille took her to a highly overpriced café and instructed her to order anything she wanted.
Mireille's generosity, however, was in vain when Kirika just ordered a cup of tea and then proceeded to stare out the window as was her wont to do.
Kirika was so lost in her favorite pastime that Mireille had to call her several times before she responded.
“I'm sorry. What was the question?”
“I asked you why you're afraid of mimes.” Kirika frowned.
“I thought we had dropped this.”
“It's still bugging me.”
“I still don't want to talk about it.”
“Come on Kirika, there must be some reason.”
“There is a reason. I don't want to talk about it though.”
“How are you supposed to get over you fear if you don't talk about it?”
“Maybe I don't want to get over it” Mireille sat back in her chair and folded her arms, contemplating her partner and wondering what in hell she found so frightening about mimes. MIMES for heavens sake!
“…would killing that mime back there help?” Kirika glared at her the way she glared at people she was about to kill. “Ok, ok, I'll stop it” Mireille added in an attempt to save her life.
A half hour later they had finished their orders and were leaving the café when a man carrying a set of bagpipes, dressed in a kilt walked in.
As Kirika stepped aside to let the man pass she heard a rather sickening thump coming from behind her.
Turning to the source of the noise, she saw Mireille in a heap on the floor.