Noir Fan Fiction ❯ Nothing to fear ❯ two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nothing to fear: Chapter 2
 
Chloe had had enough of the soldats and had retreated to her room. Having nothing to do, there being no electricity in the manor, she resorted to her favorite pastime of folding paper cranes.
She soon ran out of scrap paper and moved onto the stationary that had been a birthday present from Althena.
She used that entire box and had she soon discovered that she had nine -hundred and ninety-nine paper cranes in various places around her room.
Exited and eager to reach one thousand, Chloe began tearing around the manor and the surrounding grounds for just one more piece of paper.
A piece that was big enough and pretty enough to be her thousandth crane.
She found what she was looking for at the very edge of the vineyards, right off the highway that passed the manor.
A relatively smooth and defiantly pretty sheet of paper.
While this paper was a bit sharp at the edges, it was very shiny and silvery. It also folded exceptionally well.
Running back to her room with her treasure, she set to work on her last crane.
You see, our dear Chloe had recently read a story in which a girl made a thousand paper cranes and was granted a wish.
Chloe's wish, of course, would have involved a certain crimson- eyed girl in Paris.
However, being the generous person that she was, Chloe decided that her Althena-sama deserved the wish more than she did.
Therefore, knowing that by this time in the day, Althena would always go to check on the vineyards, Chloe was able to place the thousand cranes in Althena's room undetected. The special silver crane going straight to Althena's pillow.
Several hours later, Chloe had fallen asleep after her exhausting day of collecting paper, when she was awoken by a scream.
A scream that had come from her Althena-sama's room!
Rushing to the seen, Chloe found her mentor and essentially mother, huddled in a corner of her room shaking badly.
A group of the senior Soldats flooded into the room, all worried about their dear leader.
One of them asked Chloe what had happened and received nothing but s shrug in response.
“Katrina, Look here!” One of the others called to the Soldat that had been questioning Chloe.
“What is it?”
“On the pillow!”
SHOCK!
She was pointing to Chloe's special crane!
Katrina and the other Soldats sighed heavily.
“Chloe did you put all these cranes here?” Katrina asked.
Chloe nodded.
“I thought Althena-sama should have the wish.” Katrina picked up the silver crane.
“Do you know what his stuff is?”
Chloe shook her head.
“It's aluminum foil and Althena-sama is scared to death of it. We don't know why, she's never told any of us but all we know is that one sight of this stuff reduces her to that.” Katrina said, pointing to their sobbing leader.
“But all I wanted was to give Althena-sama her wish.” Chloe said dropping her head.
“I know, dear, but unfortunately Althena-sama, is a very strange person and she's scared of normal everyday things and not of things that would scare the rest of the world. Things like falling into a pool of magma probably would not faze her in the slightest bit. So next time you find something like this lying around the grounds you'll give it to me or one of the other Soldats right?” Chloe nodded. “That's a good girl, now run off to bed, You're supposed to leave for Paris early tomorrow remember?” Chloe nodded again and did as she was told.
Katrina sighed and shook her head as she and the other's took to the task of calming their leader down.
“Hey, Katrina, isn't there a pool of magma in the basement of the manor?” Katrina glared at the woman who had asked the question. The same one who had found the aluminum crane.
“Don't be stupid, Elise. Why would there be a pool of magma in the basement of a manor in the south of France. Honestly, you have to cut down on the science fiction novels.