One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ Just Another Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own anything, I barely even own the plot. But I do.


Ch.1 Just Another Day



School was bad today; homework up to her neck and a project due the next day. Oh how fun was this? It was already late and she needed to get to sleep but she needed to get the rest of it done so that she wouldn't fail. It was well past mid-night when it was finally finished and she went to bed, very exhausted. The next morning the alarm clock went off and she picked it up and threw it against the wall to which shattered into many pieces.

"Stupid thing," she said as she went into the bathroom.

She took a quick shower before getting dressed and leaving for school, great. After arriving she went to her locker to get the things she needed for her classes.

"Hey Tara!" Called a friend of hers.

"Yeah?"

"Did you get the project done?"

"I did, and it took forever. I don't ever want to do that again."

"I know, well, good luck. I hear the teacher is in a bad mood today."

"Alright thanks."

So she finished gathering her things and closed her locker and headed for the first class of the day. She walked into the room and sat in her seat, which was in the way back of the class. It wasn't her favorite class, english was kind of boring. The teacher walked in and took role, two people missing today. She decided not to pay attention since she already knew most of the things about the lesson she turned her head towards the window and slowly spaced out. It wasn't her fault that she was bored. Why couldn't the teacher make things more exciting? Oh well, she would just sit through it anyway. One hour later she headed to the next class, science. The teacher really did look angry went the class walked in and got their projects ready. He walked around the room and looked over each one, giving out low grades. Tara managed a C- and was glad for it. She would not fail this semester.

"Okay class. Since most of you did not do very well I'm making those who got a D or lower do another project. For those who actually passed will have no homework this weekend," said the teacher as most of the class graoned, it wasn't something they were looking forward to.

Science was over faster than it seemed and Tara headed to music, her favorite class. There she played the violin and was okay at it. She wasn't first chair but not last either. But as fate would have it a fight broke out in the class room and it took most of the hour to break it up. Fighting was common in music, a lot of poeple thinking that they were better than everyone else were in this class. Soon it was lunch and Tara sat at a table by herself that was until her friend showed up.

"I see you survived," she said.

"I did."

"What did you get?"

"C-"

"Damn, I only got a D. I have to do another stupid project. I hate science."

"I know you do. It'll be okay."

"Sure it will."

After lunch the next two classes went by quickly, but history, that was a long class. It always seemed that time stood still in that room. But as always it was a needed grade for passing the year. So there she sat, in the front this time and looked at the board that had their next assingment.

"Good afternoon class, today you all will be doing a report on the next lesson," said the teacher as she pulled out a map.

The class looked at it. It was small but had markings all over it.

"What is it on?" Asked a student as they raised their hand.

"Good question. Our next lesson is on this area over here. This is where pirates had the most control. Each of you will be doing a report on a pirate and their ship that I have already choosen for you so no one will fight," explained the teacher as she circled an area on the map.

Great, another report. Just what she needed. The teacher handed out what was needed including the main information. Great, she got a pirate she had never heard of. She could already see the horrible grade now. Oh well, she had to try all the same. The teacher gave them time to work on their reports but she didn't find very much. Great, a report that she couldn't do. After what seemed like forever class finally ended and everyone was getting ready to go home. Tara was at her locker getting the things she needed for the night and put away the things that she didn't.

"Hey Tara, did you get the assingment from history too?" Asked her friend.

"Yeah, and it totally sucks! I've never heard of who ever it was that I got and I found almost nothing on anything I needed for it."

"Yeah, me neither. Well, I wish you good luck on it."

"I'll need it thanks."

Tara finished gathering her things and began the short walk home. She hoped to find more on the internet than in the classroom. Man, this wasn't going to be a really long night.

To be continued...