One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ A Nightly Conversation ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own One Piece. I just own the plot that kinda makes sense.

Ch.6 A Nightly Conversation


It had been a rough first day. Tara hoped that the next would be a little easier but she didn't hope too much. Something told her that she and Nami would not be getting along and would be fighting constantly. Everyone seemed nice, in their own way. She would need to keep her distance from Sanji incase she got the urge to hit him with the pan again. She heard noises from above her and wondered who was up at this hour. She stood up and left the room, noting that Nami was still asleep. She made her way up to the deck but saw no one there.

"Great, I'm hearing things," she said out loud.

"What are you hearing?"

"Will you stop that?" Tara called as she saw Luffy behind her.

"Sorry, you said you heard things. What were they?"

"Nothing. I heard someone up here and decided to take a look."

"Oh, well there's nothing out here but me."

"I see that now. So, what are you doing out here at this hour?" Tara asked as she sat at the table.

"Nothing, I guess. I like it out here at night."

"Why?"

"You know, I never thought about that."

"So where are we going?"

"There's an island near by and we need to pick up a few things there. At least that's what Nami says. SHe needs ink or something like that."

"Oh, okay."

"What did you do as captain?" Luffy asked as he sat down across from her.

"Hm? Oh, I did lots of things, even if Nami doesn't believe me."

"Don't worry about her, just don't say anything that makes her think you own her."

"Why?"

"You'll never be out of debt with her. None of us are."

"Thanks."

"I still can't believe that you escaped from that attack. Why didn't you fight back?"

Great, now he was asking about her story. Now she needed to lie to them some more.

"I did, I had helped a few of them get away but when they caught up with us..."

"That's right you were out numbered, by how many?"

"Well, there were about seven of us and about 25 to 30 of them."

"Wow, that's bad."

"I know."

They talked for a few more hours until Luffy finally went to sleep. Tara stayed up and stood by the side of the ship. As she looked out to the ocean she saw the reflection of the moon in the water. It was nice to see something like that and she smiled a bit. So they were heading to an island near by, maybe she would find a way home there. These people were too weird for her but they were company. It could be worse, she could be alone on that island. Then she remembered something improtant. When she was watching the show she noticed that they fought, and if she was going to be a part of this crew she needed to learn how to fight. Problem was she didn't have a weapon to fight with or a fighting style. She hung her head, the pan atop it fell into her eyes. That was it! If Nami fought with a stick, Zolo a sword, Usopp with a slingshot, Sanji with fists, and Luffy with whatever he fought with, then she would fight with kitchen appliances. Yeah that's what she would do, now to find her other weapons and to the kitchen it was.

"Where could she be?" Usopp asked as he looked around a corner.

"There isn't a lot of places to hide here. Maybe she's up in the beams again," Nami said.

"Up in the beams?"

"That's where we found her before."

"Hey, have any of you seen the soup pot?" Sanji asked as he poked his head out of the kitchen.

"No," both Nami and Usopp said at the same time.

"How about the frying pan?"

"No."

"The big whisk?"

"No why?"

"They're missing. I'm missing a lot of things like spoons, forks, pans, pots, and other things like that."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Okay, that was odd. No one could figure out where the items that Sanji was missing had gone to. They had found Tara, she was in the crow's nest napping. They looked all over the ship and could not find anything. Now Sanji had to buy all those things again and it was something he did not want to do. Later in the day Tara had woken up to find Luffy sitting next to her in the crow's nest.

"Shhh! I'm hiding from Nami," he said as he covered her mouth.

"Why?" She asked pulling away.

"I messed up her map and she's really mad at me."

"Oh..."

"Tara! Tara!" Nami called from below.

"What?" She asked looking over the side.

"Is Luffy in there with you?"

Tara looked back at him to see him shaking his head.

"No, I haven't seen him, why?"

"That stupid asshole ruined my map, and he's going to pay when I find him."

"Oh, alright. If I see him I'll let you know."

Tara laughed as she sat back down. Nami did look really mad and Tara knew that she would find him sooner or later.

"Thanks," Luffy said sighing heavily.

"You know you can't hide up here forever," Tara said.

"I know, but I can try."

Tara shook her head and closed her eyes again. She ws exteremly tired after last night. She had heard about the missing items and felt bad that Sanji had to by everything over again.

"Play a game with me!"

"What?" Tara asked as she lazily opened an eye.

"I'm bored, play a game with me," Luffy said again.

"What kind of game?"

"I don't know, you pick one."

"Um, how about the quiet game."

"How do you play that?"

"Well, you sit and be quiet. Whoever talks first looses."

"That doesn't sound very fun."

"I know. I'm just too tired to play right now, maybe later."

"Okay."

A few seconds later...

"I wonder what's for lunch?"

"If you're going to hide up here then you need to be a little more quiet."

"Why are you sleeping up here anyway?"

"Because I want too."

This was not what she wanted to do right now. Tara did not want to answer his questions while she tried to sleep. She had been up all night practicing her 'skills' and now just wanted to rest. It was too cold in her room so she climbed into the crow's nest, thinking that she wouldn't be bothered. But she was wrong.

To be continued...