One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ Island Mischife ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own any character from One Piece. Or the main character in this story. I do however own the new characters in the next chapters.

Ch. 7 Island Mischife


The island was indeed beautiful and had a small town on its shore. Not many people lived on this island but the crew could still buy what they needed. Tara was the first off the ship and she ran off into the jungle near by. Let's just say it hadn't been a good morning for them. In the days before they came to the island Tara had been sleeping in the crow's nest to avoid the constant fighting from down below. She had learned some of the other things needed to keep the ship running and had to help Nami with map making and every once and a while helped Sanji cook something, but that was only because she had knocked him out when she arrived. The morning they were arriving Luffy had again pissed Nami off and he hid in the crow's nest where Tara was sleeping. But this time he was found and Nami yelled at Tara for lieing to her. As they docked the argument had turned into a fist fight and Tara knocked Nami out with her pan and then jumped off the ship and ran away. She ran as far as she could into the jungle and hid in a tree. Tara knew that she had done a very bad thing and that she would not be so easily forgiven this time.

"Now I'm really in trouble," she said to herself. "So much for trying to get along and staying out of their way. They'll kick me off and leave me here for sure."

But what Tara didn't know was that a search party was sent out to find her. Things had gotten out of hand and Nami knew it and felt bad for yelling at Tara. It was only recently that she had noticed Tara's talent for drawing and understanding navigation. Not only that but she could keep Luffy contained for a considerable amount of time. Which was a help to nearly everyone, even if the games they played were stupid, it gave him something to do besides bother them. She was a great help to everyone, she helped Nami with her maps, she helped Sanji when he needed it, she kept Luffy busy so Zolo could sleep, and even kept Usopp company when he was bored. Yes, she was an improtant part of the crew and if she wasn't found soon, all hell would break loose. But as morning turned into afternoon Tara was still missing and everyone was getting worried.

"Did you find her?" Nami asked as the others came back.

"No, she disappeared. We can't find her anywhere," Usopp said.

"There are lots of places to hide in the jungle and lots of dangers, she could have gotten hurt or something. I'm going back to look for her. Anyone else coming?" Sanji asked.

Two people agreed to go along to find her, leaving Usopp and Nami behind. In the jungle Tara was still in her tree. Although hungry she didn't want to go into town in case she ran into Nami and the others. She had gotten to know them over the days she had been with them. Each had their own quarks and she was learning how to expect the unexpected from each of them. As she was thinking she heard someone talking down below her.

"How about right here?"

"Okay, fine. Why do you need to be so picky?"

"Picky? I'm not picky! I'm just doing what I was told, unlike someone I know."

"You know what?"

"What?"

"Just dig the damn hole and shut your trap."

Tara was watching the two men fight as they dug the hole. Next to them was a body and a treasure chest. She felt bad for whoever had died but now thought that if she brought back that chest that she would be forgiven and they would let her stay. That was it, that's what she would do. As the men dug the hole they thought they heard a light jingleing sound but they couldn't really tell. Then the sound got louder.

"Hey, do you hear that?" Asked the first man.

"Yeah, what the hell is that?"

"It sounds like a bell or something."

All of a sudden the first man screamed out in pain as something seemed to cut into him. There in his right arm was a... fork? Tara covered her mouth, she didn't mean to actually hit him.

"Where did that come from?" Asked the second man.

"I don't know," said the first man as he pulled the fork out of his arm. "But when I find out I'll kill whoever threw it at me."

Suddenly another fork flew by them and embedded itself in the tree beside them. The two men looked around them and didn't find anything, but then one of them looked up.

"Kyyaaa!"

Tara had jumped out of the tree and smacked the first man in the face with a frying pan. He fell to the ground and she landed on her feet in front of the second man.

"Who the hell are you? And why did you throw silverware at us?" Asked the second man.

"I am the pirate avenger and I am here to take your treasure!" Tara shouted as she struck an odd pose and pointed at the man.

"Take our treasure? You got to be kidding me. Look at you, you look like you fell into a create of kitchen stuff, and you think you can take our treasure?"

"Don't laugh at me damn it! And yes I'm going to take your treasure."

"Whatever."

Now she was mad. The man then lunged at her but she pulled out a large pot and held it up and the man's head went inside, getting it stuck right away.

"What the hell? Get this off of me!" Cried the man as he ran around trying to pry the pot off his head.

Tara watched as he ran around and finally ran into a tree, knocking himself out in the process. She laughed at him as she pulled the fork out of the tree and picked up the one off the ground. She then took the pot off the second man's head and put it away. Walking over to the treasure chest she opened it and found it to be full of gold coins and jewels and stuff that pirates like. So she turned to the men, gave her bell a shake and stuck out her tongue and left, dragging the chest behind her.

"Man, they didn't put up much of a fight," she said as she headed into town.

As she tried to find her way out of the jungle she caught sight of the others.

"There you are, we've been looking all over for you! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Sanji asked as Tara appeared from behind some trees.

"I'm fine and I brought a present!"

"Really? What kind of present?" Luffy asked.

"Take a look!"

Tara pulled the treasure chest into veiw and opened it, she watched as everyone's jaws dropped.

"Where did you find this?" Zolo asked.

"In the jungle and in a hole."

No one knew what to say. They couldn't believe that she had just found a treasure chest in the middle of the jungle. They made their way back to the diner where Nami and Usopp were waiting. They too were surprised when they saw what she had found. Tara sat at the table as the others looked through the chest, she watched and knew that she was back in good graces, not that she ever was out of them. Back on the ship she sat in the crow's nest looking out at the ocean.

"Hey Tara!"

"What?" She asked as she saw Nami down below her.

"Are you coming down? It's getting late."

"I'll be down in a little while."

"Alright."

Nami walked away and went back to bed. Tara didn't sleep in the room very often and she seemed to stay in the crow's nest more than anywhere else on the ship. But she had her reasons for being up there all the time. As much fun as she was having here she started thinking about what everyone back home was doing. She felt comfortable in the silence that the sea brought, it gave her time to think. But the silence never really lasted long.

"Ouch!"

"What are you still doing up?" Tara asked as she watched Luffy trip over a loose rope.

"Nothing."

"You are the most accident prone person I've ever met, you know that right?"

"I am not. Why are you up there anyway?"

"Do I need to give you a reason why I'm up here all the time?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because I'm the captain and you have to do as I say, so there."

"Smart ass."

"What did you call me?" Luffy asked as he pointed a finger.

"You heard me!" Tara said as she pointed back.

"Say you're sorry!"

"No!"

"Say it!"

"No!"

Usopp stood in the doorway and watched as they fought. He had gotten up to get a midnight snack and the shouting had caught his attention. Those two were always fighting about something stupid but it also was entertaining. He then shook his head as he went back to bed, he would let them battle it out.

"Don't make me come up there!" Luffy called.

"Oh I'm so scared!" Tara replied pretending to shake.

"That's it! You're going to apologize wheather you like it or not!"

And with that Luffy streached his arms so that he could reach the top of the nest and pulled himself up. Tara stood there in shock, she forgot that he could do that and could only watch as he climbed in.

"So that's how you got in here so fast," she said still trying to get over the shock.

"That's right now say it."

"Say what?"

"Say that you're sorry for calling me that."

"For calling you what?"

This was getting on his nerves.

"You know what you called me!"

"Oh yeah, a smart ass. Why should I have to apolozige if that's what you are?" Tara said as she again pointed a finger.

Luffy grabbed her hand and she took her pot and swung, making contact with his face.

"That can't hurt me."

"Damn it, I for... got...?"

To be continued...