One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ Before the Storm ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own One Piece or the characters. Tara belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo and not me. She just letting me use her for now.

Ch.8 Before the Storm


For some reason there was an odd feeling through out the ship. It could have been that they were getting ready to leave the island or maybe it was for another reason that no one could put their finger on. They had bought everything they needed and were talking about where they were going to next. There were a group of islands that was holding some kind of festival and it lasted for a few days. If they left now they would make it just in time. But luck was not on their side today, a storm was coming in and it looked to be a really bad one.

"That looks bad," Nami said as she studied the clouds. "It could turn into a hurricane."

"Really? That doesn't sound good," Tara said as she dragged the chest onto the ship.

"Let me help you with that," Sanji said as he picked up the other end of the chest.

"Thanks," Tara replied.

"My pleasure."

"I think we should stay for one more night and let the storm pass," Nami said picking up her maps.

Everyone agreed, they didn't want to get caught in a storm like that. So now they were preparing the ship for the upcoming storm and found an inn near the dock. There weren't many rooms left so they had to share. Tara and Nami in one room, Usopp and Sanji in another, and Luffy and Zolo in the last.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with?" Nami asked.

"I'm sure, I'm still a little tired."

"Okay, we'll be at the diner if you need us."

Tara nodded and turned onto her side. Why did she have to keep lieing to them? Well, she really didn't have to but it made her life a little easier some of the time. Everyone was going to the local diner for lunch but she didn't really want to go. She felt a little sick, she ws begining to get a stuffy nose. Great, just what she needed, a cold. At the diner everyone was waiting for Nami to arrive.

"Sorry," she said as she sat down.

"Where's Tara?" Usopp asked.

"She's not coming, she said that she's tired so she's going to take a nap."

Somewhat disappointed they ordered their meals. It wasn't like her to not come and eat with them, but if she was tired they would let her sleep. It had stared to rain when they arrived back at the inn and they went to their rooms to find something to do. When Nami returned she started on the map she needed to finish, this one was very detailed. As she worked on it she heard Tara cough in her sleep and it didn't sound very good.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'll be fine."

The rest of the day went by quickly only the sounds of the storm outside and the occasional sound of Zolo telling Luffy to shut up was heard. As night fell everyone went out for dinner and this time Tara joined them, but she didn't talk much. She bearly even touched her food but that wasn't the odd thing, Luffy was quiet as well. No one dared to ask about it in case it nothing important. Acually he had been acting stange ever since Tara came to dinner. He didn't talk or even look at anyone, he was not his normal self. Something was up and they wanted to know. After dinner Tara left and didn't go back to the hotel she instead went back to the jungle to see if those idiots were still out there. She didn't care if it was rainning, no wait, pouring. She was soaked and felt a little cold.

"Hey, wait up!"

"W-what do you want?" Tara asked as she turned to see who was calling her.

"Why are you out here? You shouldn't be out here in the rain, you'll get sick."

"I should be asking you the same thing. Why are you out here Sanji?"

"Luffy sent me to find you. He was worried that you got lost again, come on, I'll take you back."

"Okay."

"You're not going nowhere!"

All of a sudden a net fell over them and they were pulled into the air. Down below them were the two men that Tara had attacked.

"Who the hell are you?" Sanji asked.

"Where's our treasure you bitch!" Called the first man.

"It doesn't belong to you anymore, assholes," Tara said back.

"And it's not yours either! It belongs to our boss!" Said the second man.

"Who's your boss?" Sanji asked as he stuggled in the net, earning a slap in the face from Tara.

"What are you doing?"

"Sorry."

"You don't know? We'll take you to him."

The two men took the net and dragged it out of the jungle. Tara and Sanji weren't very happy about this.

"What did you do? You stole their treasure from them didn't you?" Sanji asked.

"Where else do you think I got it? Did you really think I just found a treasure chest in the middle of the jungle? I thought you were smarter than that."

"Why did you do that?"

"How else was I suppose to make peace with everyone? Stand on my head?"

"Make peace, what do mean by that?"

"Well, that fight with Nami the other day when I hit her over the head. Everyone was mad at me so I ran away and found these idiots in the jungle digging a grave. I thought that if I brought back their treasure everyone wouldn't be mad at me any more."

"We weren't mad, well, Nami was but she got over it."

"She did?"

"Yeah, and how did you get the chest from them in the first place?"

"That bitch threw forks at us and then knocked us out with pots and pans," Said the first man.

"Don't call me that!" Tara called.

"You did? Where did you get those..."

"About that... I kinda stole them from you.... I'm really sorry and I was going to tell you."

By the time Tara was apologizing they had found themselves at another ship at another dock that was on the other side of the island. Tara had a bad feeling about this place and felt a little sick. The net was opened and both Tara and Sanji were tired up and were walked onto the ship and to the cabin onboard.

"Captain Darbley, we've found the thife that stole your treasure," said the first man.

"Who the hell is that?" Tara asked as she looked the captain over.

"I don't know but this doesn't look good."

"Bring them closer, I want to get a good look at them," he said waving them over.

To be continued...