One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ My time on the Going Merry ❯ Welcome on board ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the things that are owned by Eiichiro Oda. I own Kae!

My name is Kae.

I needed a ship, to take me home.

A guy with a black suit, blond hair and weird eyebrows invited me to his ship. He introduced me to his captain, I remember him as a boy with a big smile on his face and a straw hat. He insisted on bringing me home. I thought it was ok.

Back then, I didn't know what I had started.

When the blond guy, named Sanji, introduced me to his captain, the other crewmates weren't around. Sanji was busy cooking dinner, and he tried to make me feel comfortable with a little talk.

"Are there other people on this ship, or is it just you and Luffy?" I asked.

Sanji smiled. "No. We're with seven actually. Luffy is the captain, and I am the cook. Then there are Nami, our beautiful navigator and Robin. We also have a doctor, Chopper, and an inventor, Usopp. Well, his inventions aren't very reliable, but when you really need them they work."

Silence.

"Um, I counted only six people…"

"Ow, sorry, I forgot our `marimo-head' Zoro. You see, he's always sleeping or just not there when you want something to be done on this ship."

Zoro? It wasn't a very popular name, but it couldn't be `Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro', right?

I tried to change the subject. "So, why are you sailing here anyway? I mean, the Grand Line is full of dangerous people." Like I didn't know that myself, all the scum of the earth had gathered here. Just what was I thinking then?

"Well, actually, we're pirates."

Ok…

"You don't like that?"

I looked up to see a somewhat insecure Sanji watching me.

"No," I started, "it's just….."

"Yes?"

"… eh… I didn't expect such a nice guy like you to be a pirate"

"You think I'm a NICE guy????"

At the same moment Sanji's eyes turned into hearts and I could only think about one thing: `What the f*ck is THIS?!'

When Sanji saw my face he turned back to normal.

"Well, maybe you think it's strange that a nice guy (big smile) like me is a pirate, but look at the others. Only Luffy seriously wants to be a pirate, but the others have other ideas about it. Or had. Look at Nami-san: she used to hate pirates and was a pirate thief."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but Luffy showed her that pirates aren't just bad people, who are killing for fun and stuff. I'm not bad, am I?"

"No, you're not," compared to some others I met around here.

We both smiled.

Then, we heard some noise outside.

"NIKU!!"

"Luffy, wait for us!"

The door opened and I saw the captain, followed by a boy with black curls and a long nose, and a small blue nosed deer. Curly black hair asked:

"Hey Sanji, who's that?" pointing at me.

Sanji introduced me to them and explained why I was there. This is how I learned their names, Usopp and Chopper.

"Um, Sanji, didn't you say Chopper was your doctor?"

"I am the doctor," the deer said.

I was shocked. I just saw a deer talk. I must have had a shocked face too, because Chopper immediately hid himself behind Usopp.

"Hey Chopper, don't be scared. Kae is just a bit surprised you can talk," Sanji began. "Right Kae?"

"Yes, I am. Hi Chopper, you don't have to be scared of me. I'm not going to hurt you."

"Hey, Chopper. I thought you got over your fear for human beings," Usopp said, pushing Chopper from behind him.

Chopper just stood there, watching me with those big eyes.

"You look nice. I think I can trust you," he said with a small voice, but his face broke into a smile. "Welcome on board!"