One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Sitting on the Waves ❯ One Partner Revealed ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
ONE PIECE
SITTING ON THE WAVES

CHAPTER 6
BY
Sgamer82


     Upon leaving Nami, Robin had immediately called a meeting of the crew. Well, more accurately, she had used her powers to shake everyone out of bed and then point them to the kitchen. Where they found her waiting.

     “I apologize for the rude awakening. But I believe I may know what is happening to Nami.”

     Any anger over Robin’s wake-up called suddenly vanished as the crewmen sat down at the kitchen table. She cleared her throat and began to explain.

     “I believe that somewhere on this island, is somebody who possesses the power of a Fruit of the Devil. This particular Devil’s Fruit, if I am correct, allows for one to change the age of a given person. Making them, both in mind and body, whatever age the possessor wishes.”

     “What makes you so sure of this?” Zoro asked, skeptical of Robin’s theory.

     “There’s an old story of a woman on the Grand Line who possessed such a power. Given that Redisca is also known as 'the town of second chances,' I believe this fruit is what we are dealing with.”

     “So, Robin dear,” Sanji said, “You believe that someone with powers like the woman in this story is the one doing this to Miss Nami.”

     Robin nodded.

     “This Devil Fruit is the only thing I have ever heard of which can have this kind of effect.”

     “Then why didn’t you say so when this started happening?” Zoro asked.

     “I am an archaeologist, Mr. Swordsman. A scientist.” Robin answered, not acknowledging the hint of suspicion in Zoro’s voice. “I do not give a theory until I have solid evidence to back it up. While there have been clues about this possibility, only something our little navigator recently said to me made me believe I may be correct.”

     The crew listened.

     “In our navigator’s mind, she believes it is currently five years ago. She hasn’t just become a child in body, her mind has been taken back to that time of her life as well. Just as the powers of the Devil Fruit are described as being capable…”

     Robin cut off suddenly.

     “Outside! Now!” she yelled as she ran out. The others followed. Outside, they saw Nami making a break for it again. She had jumped off the ship onto the dock and was making a beeline for the forest right outside. Luffy shot out his hand to catch her, like he did before, but this time she was bobbing and weaving as she ran and was able to dodge Luffy’s hand. Robin took a shot as well, calling on her powers to create hands to catch Nami. One of them caught ahold of her and Robin managed to get a few more arms on her. But let go when Nami suddenly bit down on one of the hands hard enough that it broke skin.

     Nami ran into the woods, as Luffy’s hand came back to him and Robin clutched her own, which was bleeding a little.
* * * * *

     Nami ran as fast as she could manage. Robin had tried to hide it, but she had an eye inside the bedroom watching her. Making sure she didn’t escape. But Nami saw her chance to do just that when the woman apparently called a meeting of the crew (she had heard several voices complaining about being woken up). She made a plan then and there.

     Waiting for a chance, she threw a blanket over Robin’s eyes and bolted out the door, making it to the dock before anybody had a chance to stop her. The captain and tried to catch her like before, but this time she had been able to dodge him. She had bitten Robin mostly out of reflex, but it had worked so Nami wasn’t about to complain.

     She was running a risk heading deep into this forest. No telling what animals were in there. But it was her best shot at escaping those pirates. She wasn’t worried about getting lost. She could navigate on land every bit as well as she could on sea. She had gotten some distance into the woods, when all of a sudden everything went black.

* * * * *

     The girl had attempted to escape, just as expected. Her hatred for pirates at this age was clear. She didn’t trust them, she wouldn’t. And because of that, she had fallen right into his grasp. After knocking her out, he carried the young navigator over his shoulder until he reached the edge of the forest, where his crew was waiting.

     “She’s comin’ now. You got the kid, boss?” the young Tirsni asked.

     “Of course.” he said as he took Nami off his shoulder and held her in his arms. Much like a hero would a damsel in distress he was rescuing. Just in time for the arrival of his partner.

     A blonde haired woman walked up to the group. She seemed relieved when she saw Nami in the man’s arms.

     “You got her. Wonderful. I was worried you wouldn’t be able to get her from the pirates.”

     “She did that all on her own. I found out in the forest, out cold.” He said as he handed the girl to the woman.

     While an easy load for the man to hold. The woman had more difficulty holding her. But she changed that easily enough. She brushed the girl’s cheek with her hand and whispered softly.

     “Era-Era Quinquennis .”

     The man and his subordinates watched as the thirteen year old girl suddenly began to get even smaller. Shrinking in the woman’s arms until she was no bigger than a five-year-old. She was now very easy for the woman to hold.

     “And what of the pirates?” she asked.

     “We’ll take care of that.” the man told her, “The Government wants ‘Straw Hat’ Luffy for public execution. They’ll be especially happy to get the whole crew.”

     This didn’t seem to satisfy her.

     “You needn’t worry. You won’t likely have any trouble from them. I doubt they’ll either notice or even care if one person is missing. So long as she doesn’t have a price on her head.”

     “Very well.” she said, “Good luck to you, then, Huncaza.”

     The woman left, heading home. The little girl in her arms stirred. But she hushed her quiet.

     “It’ll be all right soon.” she told Nami, “Soon all the pain you’ve experienced in your life will be nothing but a bad dream.”

     With that, Leda took the child up the path to the Chibi no Mi Nursery.