One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Sitting on the Waves ❯ A Tale of the Grand Line ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
ONE PIECE
SITTING ON THE WAVES

CHAPTER 7
BY
Sgamer82


     It 217;s an old story on the Grand Line.

     Long ago, a young girl unknowingly, as so many do, came across and ate a Fruit of the Devil. This fruit, the Era-Era, enabled the girl to change her body’s age to whatever she wished. She also learned how to bring about this change in others.

     At first, the girl used this new power to play pranks. Changing her own age to play with the minds of those who knew her and the like. That eventually grew old (no pun intended), and the girl wondered what other use she could put her powers to.

     It was soon after that the girl discovered a young man, who as a child had seen his family slaughtered in front of him by a crew of pirates. The events he witnessed had left him traumatized ever since. The girl felt great grief at what had happened to the man. He would forever remember the pain and sorrow of those events and nothing could be done about it. That is, until the girl realized she could do something.

     Using the power of the Era-Era Fruit, she regressed the boy to infancy, an age far below that which he experienced the horror of his loved ones’ massacre. The boy, after time, lost all memory of his prior life and grew up happy and healthy, eventually adopted by a kind family.

     The girl then decided that such deeds were her calling. The story goes she created an orphanage and, while also taking in normal children, would accept people who came to her, seeking a new lease on life. Men and women who had contracted a deadly illness, or had experienced pain they truly wished to forget. Even criminals on the run could receive a second chance by her hand.

     With a mere touch, she could undo years of regretful decisions, bad fortune, and painful memories.
* * * * *

     Despite a few setbacks, everything was going as planned. Huncaza was set up to take the Straw Hat crew’s bounties. All that remained was for them to stumble into his trap.

     There had been several reasons for targeting the navigator. Most obvious was the fact that without a capable navigator, “Straw Hat” Luffy’s ship wasn’t going anywhere. Secondly, Leda had told him that she didn’t reverse her regressions often, if ever. So there was no way of knowing if she could reverse the process if she were to reduce Luffy, Zoro, or Robin. If she couldn’t, that was two hundred thirty-nine million Berries out the window. The girl had no price and, therefore, was essentially expendable. Finally, she was the one whom he could most easily convince Leda of regressing.

     He looked to his crew. About a dozen or so talented men and women. He nodded, and most of them went towards the forest to get ready. The Straw Hat crew would begin searching the forest for Nami soon. They had to be ready.