One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ The thing that hurts the most ❯ Grave ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The thing that hurts the most.

We all miss you, we miss you so much it hurts, do you miss us to? Can you even remember us where you are now?

Not that it matters………you'll never come back anyway!

It's been 5 years since you fell………since you left us behind while you moved on………to a better place. I hated you for doing that………now I understand.

5 years and some of us are still not over it; still searching for some way to heal the wounds, but I know………we'll never find one.

You left an imprint so deep, in all our hearts, that it will never be gone nor fade, you will always have a place in our hearts!

I guess I just took you for granted. Figured you would always be there. I was a fool, we all were!

We were fools to let it happen, to let the mistake that took you from us happen, we sealed your destiny………we killed you because we weren't concentrated, because we underestimated the enemy you paid the price!

It's your birthday today………so I'm here, sitting by your grave, alone, the other didn't have the strength to come today, they couldn't really see the point in it either, cause your not here, your not in you grave, we never found you body………

For a long time we hoped, because we never found you, that you might still be alive. But how could you be?

But as days turned in to weeks and weeks turned into months our last thread of hope had grown thin and snapped under the weight of our grief, letting us all fall into the despair of loss.

Nobody resembles the people you knew once and nothing is the same without you!

Nami is much more distant now. I think she's sad because she never got to tell you, that she cared. Of course not as you would have wanted. But she still cared.

Believe it or not she's become a lot more giving, since that day. Stronger to. but still not quite healed.

Zoro acts like nothing happened, like you were never around. He's trying to forget you………but he can't. I know that he is sad; whether he likes it or not. He might have fought with you a lot, but still I think he cared. I know he cared. And in his heart he knows that too.

Usopp has finally tasted the bitter taste of losing a friend. And it doesn't become him. He is not as cheerful as he was before, but except for that he is pretty much the same.

Chopper………Well Chopper is Chopper. Sure he has changed a lot since your death but he will always be him. That might come from not knowing like we did. And that he has lost someone before, just like Zoro and Nami. He was sad for a while, a long while actually. But he never lost his dreams a while like most of us did.

Yes, you heard right, most of us gave up. Just for a little time. Our dreams had changed so much since we first set out on this journey. Now all our friends were in them to.

And I, I'm just as sad as the others, maybe even more. I should have been there; to protect you. `Cause that's what friends are for. Nami told me the other day that had changed a lot. That I seemed less foolish………more understanding.

I understand that you are gone, but it hurts………

We are on the way home. Away from the Grandline. We found what we were looking for; the One Piece; and All Blue.

When you died, and after we'd found the courage once again, we all agreed on a common goal. To find the All Blue. Just for you.

We know have the hardest task before us. Telling the ones that raised you; the ones you left behind in search for your dream; that you'll never return.

You'll be here. Alone in a land where no one knew you. And maybe; just maybe; that is the thing that hurts the most………