One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Where You'll Find Me ❯ Wo Ai Ni ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or its characters. Tara belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo.

Ch. 10 Wo Ai Ni


Ture, the final fight with Noremac had drained a lot of energy from the crew but Luffy soon found himself awake. He had heard a noise somewhere outside his room and got up to see who was up along with him. He left his room and followed the noise to the kitchen where he found Tara standing on the counter and digging in the cabinet.

"Whatcha doin'?" Luffy asked as he walked over to where Tara was.

"Huh? Oh, I'm getting something to eat. I didn't want to wake Sanji up so I decided to get something myself. Do you want anything?" Tara asked as she turned around.

"Sure, what are you making?"

"I don't know, I was just looking around."

"Do you need help getting down?"

"No, I got... it..." Tara said as Luffy helped her down off the counter. "I said I didn't need help."

"I know, I just wanted to," Luffy said as set her on the floor.

"Well, thanks, I guess."

Tara turned around to make whatever she had in hand. Luffy stood behind her, looking over her shoulder as she cooked.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm cooking," she replied.

"Oh."

He continued to watch over her shoulder not knowing that he was making her paranoid.

"Can you please not do that?" Tara asked as she turned around to face him.

"Do what?"

"Look over my shoulder like that."

"Why?"

"Because I don't like it, that's why. How would you like it if I did that to you?"

"I don't know, you never done that to me before," Luffy said as he wrapped an arm around Tara's waist.

"Okay, well pretend that I did. How would you feel?"

He thought for a moment about what Tara was asking him but didn't get very far because she turned back around and went back to cooking.

"Hey, I wasn't done talking to you," he said as he pulled her back to him.

"What...?" Tara asked as she now noticed the little space between them.

"Are you going to make me anything to eat?"

"Yeah, I was working on it until you interuppted me."

"Oh, sorry."

Luffy let her go and she finished what she was making. She then handed Luffy a plate and sat down at the table. As Tara ate she felt like she was being watched, and she was. She looked up to find Luffy stareing at her, his eyes nearly unreadable.

"Is something wrong?" Tara asked as she waved her hand in front of his face.

"Huh? Yeah, no. Everything is fine," Luffy said as he returned his gaze to normal.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"yeah, I'm fine."

"Alright, if you say so."

The two finished eating and they put away their dishes. Tara headed towards the crow's nest like always until she was stopped.

"Hey Tara."

"What?" She asked as she turned around.

"When are you going to sleep in your room?"

"I like the crow's nest better."

"Why?"

"I dunno, I just do I guess. Why are you asking me that?"

"I dunno."

Tara shook her head and turned to walk away but again was stopped. Luffy had grabbed a hold of her arm and turned her around, pulling her towards him. Before she could react she found herself pulled tight against him in a deep kiss as she was dragged into the room next to them. Tara soon found herself against the door gasping for air.

"What... are you... doing Luffy?" She asked between breaths.

"I had to get you in here somehow. I don't like that you sleep in the crow's nest, so I insist that you start staying in here with me," Luffy said as he laid his head on her shoulder.

"Oh you do now? And why is that?"

"Because I am captain and you have to do as I say," he said as he looked up at her again.

"Oh whatever..."

The two laid down and went to sleep soon after. In the morning Tara was the first to wake up and went in search for something to drink. She found everyone in the kitchen as breakfast was nearly finished. They all looked at her oddly as she poured a glass of water.

"What?" She asked as she looked back at them.

"Nothing..." Everyone said turning away.

Tara left and headed up to the crow's nest. it was cloudy today and it seemed a little cold. She was tired from all that happened the night before, with not getting much sleep and all. Luffy had kept her up all night with questions that she would not have liked to answer. But that wasn't the whole story. A few weeks later Tara fell ill and was taken to her room. She vomited constantly and could not keep food down at all. Everyone was worried and from what the doctor told them was that she probably had a really bad flu. So with that they left, after getting the medicine she needed. As of now Tara was in bed sleeping and an uneaten bowl of soup sat on the table next to her. It had been a rough few days for her. She was constantly hungry but couldn't eat without seeing it come back up later on. Her energy was gone, she could barly even turn over to get more comfortable. The door of the room opened and she slowly woke up to see Usopp take the soup out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Tara asked calmly.

"Oh, I'm taking this away. Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay. Luffy'll be in with your medicine."

"Great. You know I hate that crap. It tastes like shit."

"I know, but you have to take it."

Tara nodded and closed her eyes again. Something was wrong and she knew it. The medicine she was taking was not helping her and she tried to tell everyone else but that only said that it will get worse before it gets better, and she didn't believe them. No one else was sick like she was. Yes, Nami had caught a cold but she was fine within days, here she was sick for the past few weeks and to her surprise she did get better, slowly. But fate is cruel and unkind and Tara believed that fate was out to get her, which it was.

"You've got to be kidding me...!"

"Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, please. This with just be our little secert, okay?" Tara said covering Luffy's mouth.

"Alright, but they'll find out sooner or later," he replied.

"I know, I'm just hoping that it's later. This is all your fault you know."

"No, it's only half my fault."

"You started it."

"You finished it."

"Whatever."

Well, whenever the others find out about her, they'll be in for one big surprise.


And they were indeed surprised. When my mother told me this story I didn't believe it at first, nor did my brothers and sisters. But as time went on we did some research and found it all to be true. Being born on a ship wasn't so bad, it was better than two of my brothers who were born on deserted islands and three of my sisters who were born on a marine base. Only me and my younger brother and sister were ever born on this ship, which with all it's been through is still floating. So whether you believe my mother's story is up to you, but let me tell you, my mother was nuts.

End of story