Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Not If But How ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Not If But How
Walking back through the gates that once held me in its embrace, a chill crawled over my body. How long has it been since I have left this place? A year or more since I last stepped on this ground of young hopes and dreams. The atmosphere here is still the same lingering happiness and determination of youths who dream of being the best of the best. I cannot believe I was once those youths who believed being the best of the best is the best dream. Walking the footsteps of such dreams is a nightmare no one wants to walk.
Is that her?
Who is she?
Is she a new student?
I swear I have seen her before…
More competition!
I took my time walking to the front doors of the academy. I want to see how much this academy had physically changed within this small year. Nothing much had changed except for a new faces that had appeared. The walking to the door is a five minute walk so anyone can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the school. How ironic to have such a beautiful place devoted to future Demons.
She looks scary…
Look at her sword.
The air had a mixture of sweet flowers and sweat. Many students are training hard to graduate to become full fledge warriors. Students are placed into a group of six and they have to live together for the whole four years together. If you were to have problems with one and another, then you must work things out because the Higher will not change anything. The students must grow to trust and rely on each other or other teams will continue to surpass them. Almost like commanding a real army within that small sector student.
Is she from the Higher?
She must be one of the Warriors to come choose the next Warrior!
Only if these naive students would see the truth…how can these students see…
Silver…
I stop walking and turn to my right side and saw Alace staring back at me. Huge green eyes and light skin which reflected her red hair. She looked thinner from the last time I saw her. She had dropped her sword and stood there with tears in her eyes. Why is she sad to see me here? Why is she about to cry?
I held myself back from drawing my sword as Alace started to run my way. I stood there waiting for her to get to me, and noticed how slow she had gotten. Before I left this academy Alace was always so much faster than me. But now she was slow…much slower then I would anticipate.
Why is Alace running to her?
Alace is crying?
I stood still as Alace ran up to me and hugged me tightly. She began to cry out loud and I went rigid from this sudden outburst of emotion. Is she crying for a lost? Is she crying for me? I looked down to see the side of her face covered in tears as she cried aloud. Students all around us stop what they were doing and turn to stare at us.
I cannot let my body relax and I continue to be rigid as she hugged me and cried. I begin to hear whispers among the students. Many pointing and many just staring and turning to one and another to ask what is happening. My hands stayed at my side as I continue to stare at Alace’s tears. It was weird to see someone cry for me. The only time I ever witness this much crying was when families have found out their love ones have died during a battle.
“Alace, what are you doing with…SILVER?”
I looked up in front of us and saw Thomas standing there with his mouth slightly open. He looked surprise and I could see his face going from shock to happiness. Thomas dropped his bags and quickly made his way over to the two of us. Alace let go of me and turn to meet Thomas who stared me down and smiled brightly at me.
“Silver, how have you been doing? Look at you! You’ve grown so thin. You’ve lost all your baby fat, and you’ve grown at least two inches!”
The students around us begin to chatter loudly amongst each other. I heard my name in the air as many turn to gaze at me. I turn to look at them and something in my look must have scared them because all the faces I turned to look at altered their gaze quickly in fear.
“Silver, let’s go meet the rest of the group,” Thomas grabbed my shoulder and ushered me to the left, “Knite is not here though, because he was sent on a mission for almost a month now.”
I slap Thomas’ hand away from me and I saw hurt in his face. However, I turned and continue my way to the academy. I need to go and report back, because the mission was complete. Alace and Thomas both were shocked at my impassive action. Many students moved back as I made my way to the academy.
What happened to you, Silver?
Silver, what happened?
Finishing my last words I went to one knee and bowed. I stay in that position while the Higher looked at one and another. Slowly all of them turn to face me and one spoke out to my in a booming voice.
“We have meant to send Knite, but somehow things had gone wrong and your name was put in instead. However, all that matters is that you had accomplish the mission and brought fame to our academy. You have displayed a true spirit of Warrior out in that battle. However, you must start from where you have left off at this academy. In about two weeks, after careful analyses we will put you up to the levels of your teammates. You may leave now,” the Higher sat down and I stood up. I bowed once more and left the dark room and made my way over to my room.
The door to my room squeals to reveal that no one had oil the hinges since I have left. I dropped my small bag of clothes on my dusty desk and turn to the windows. The curtains were closed, shedding the lights from entering my dark room. I made my way over to the window and opened the curtains. A cloud of dust danced around the window as the evening sun light my room. A year away from the only place I know as home since I came to this world. The only sanctuary in this world was this room assigned to me when they first found me a year ago.
Have you heard? Silver is back from her mission.
Of all the members in that team, why did Silver get chosen again?
She was the weakest of the six and the clumsiest too!
I walked over to my bed slowly letting the wood crack beneath the soles of my feet and enjoying such a nostalgic sound. Once I reached my bed I begin to free it from the dust that had piled on it. I took everything off and begin to clean it. Making my way in and out of my room made people turn heads my way, but I did my business not caring what they thought of me at the moment. But all the while, my sword stayed at the side of my hips ready for anything.
I could not sleep at all yesterday night. There were so many activities going on that it kept me awake half the night. I slipped out of my bed and made my way over to the closed crimson curtains. With a swift motion I opened the curtains to reveal the sun coming over the horizon. The sky was pink and light orange. The forest looked a shade darker as dawn progress to morning.
Turning away from nature’s scenery I went to get ready for the day. Today I had to go to class with Trandel and work on magic. Trandel specialize in magic and can hold a huge amount of magic energy. Trandel is to fill me in for what I had not learned for a whole year and some. The Higher thinks that I am still just the same…the same me who had left. If only they knew that Silver had long died on the battle field would they admit me back in this academy? Or would they send me right off to the Capital and send me off to fight?
I sat down in front of my mirror and gazed at this Silver in front of me. Where is the light that glowed before? The happy eyes that knew what being last were all about…the eyes that continue to smile despite the shame and pain? The eyes I see before me are so cold…so dead…so sad.
I threw my brush down on the ground and tied my hair quickly. I walked over to my bed and picked up my sword, and walked out of my room in silence. All the life around this castle had begun to stir from its slumber.