Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Not If But How ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
She is in our class?
Even if she had left for a year or so I can still beat her.
Good…Stupid is back…now I won’t have to be the dumb one in this class.
I made my way over to an empty seat in the front of the class. Most of the students who knew the instructor from last year knew that he chose those who sat in the front. I sat there anyways because it was not like I was accepted by the students. As I sat down, I noticed how everyone was pointing or whispering about me thinking I could not hear them. In a war, this kind of whispering would have killed them and everyone around them.
I heard the chair next to me move but I did not care to turn to know who it was. Trandel sat down next to me and crossed his fingers together. Slowly he turned his head my way with a determine frown. Trandel had always tutored me back then because I had no magic strong enough to display. He was a kind and softhearted guy.
“I heard what happened yesterday, Silver.”
I ignored him and continue to look up at the instructor’s desk. Trandel’s big blue eyes tear up a little but he pouted it away. He turned his head back and hid his eyes behind his brown hair. Trandel was always emotional wasn’t he…why did he want to be a warrior then?
The instructor walked into the room and everyone went silent. He made his way to the desk and dropped an armful of bags onto the desk and looked up. He scanned the room and I felt he was not just scanning with his eyes but with magic as well. I brought up a protected barrier just in case he wanted to enter our mind. He quickly sensed my action and snapped his head my way. I continue to stare at him as he made his way over.
Standing in front of me he studies my face and then fixed his glasses which had dropped to his nose bridge. He turned around and made his way his desk. Swiftly turning back to face all of us he gesture for Trandel and me to stand up. Both of us stood up and waited for his next instruction.
“You two pass this class,” everyone in the class had their jaws drop, “You two are going to be my assistances so hurry up and come help me.”
I was a little startled too as Trandel and I made our way to the front of the class to the instructor. I heard someone coughing in the back and another person clearing their throats. I did not turn around to know what they were going to say.
“Why should she pass this class if she did not even take the first part of this course last year? Is she being treated differently? What is she? Is she special now?”
The instructor ignored the student and continues to dig through his bag of things. Trandel turned around to look at who had spoken. Trandel looked upset and I could tell from his muscles tensing up that he was about to jump.
“Instructor, you have to tell us why? Silver, you think you are so special huh? Just because you are in the Diamond group does not mean you are better than us! You probably paid your way up to pass this class and last year’s class huh?”
Trandel was about to jump but the instructor brought one hand up to his chest to stop Trandel from jumping over. The instructor scratched the mask he had over his right side face and hit Trandel on the side of the head.
“I said pay attention and help me sort these awful things out,” he threw some yellow paper to Trandel.
Trandel looked at the instructor desperately but gave in angrily and went to arrange the ancient papers. I waited for the instructor to give me whatever he was going to give me.
“Silver, you know it is the truth that’s why you aren’t saying anything huh? You worthless piece of shit, do not think I will let you pass.”
I felt a change of waves in the emotions of the person speaking and spun around with my sword out. I extended my right arm and would have killed that person if the instructor did not punch the student in the stomach to delay him by one millisecond. That student was one millisecond from death.
I stood there as my eyes begin to focus again and noticed all the stares. Most of them looked terrified and the rest surprise.
He was the fastest at this school…
Was Silver faster?
I lowered my arm and took a step back. I wanted until my eyes had fully focused before sheathing my sword and turning to face the instructor. He knew for some reason that I was ready as well; because he scratched his chin and sigh out loud. His sigh lazy like he did not want to punish me so he wanted to make an excuse.
“Silver, remember we only draw our sword out in the training field while we are in the combat class. Not during magic class do you understand me?”
The student stood up and made his way over angrily to us. Once he arrived he stood there glaring at me like he wanted to kill me. However, through that one incidence I knew he was of no harm so my hand did not go to my sword handle.
“I challenge you to a fight NOW!”
I stared back into his eyes and felt the angry vibes wrapping around me. They were trying to choke me with fear, but it was weak…what was he doing for a year?
“This is not necessary,” Trandel tried to step in between the two of us, but the student pushed him away.
The instructor caught him and sighed out loud pretending that nothing was going on. The student grabbed my front shirt and pulled me closer to his face and he growled.
“Are you going to chicken out, Silver?”
Why is he so worked up?
What if Silver is just fast and not strong?
She asked for it. I hope he beats the crap out of her.
Just because she thinks she is in the Diamond group she will win.
I continue to stare into his eyes and for a split second I saw fear flash, but quickly doused by anger again. I did not move and did not say anything because it was no use. If you wanted a fight you fight…no words were needed. He will not last one second in a real battle.
“If you two are going to fight, you can only use magic. Considering that this is a Magic Class, so if the fighting was to be commence only magic should be used.”
Everyone turned to look at the doorway. Standing there was Loriena with her arms crossed across her chest. She had evenly tone bronze skin and deep penetrating golden eyes. Her hair was in a pony-tail that reached her waist. Making her way into the room she stared at me and the student for a split second and smirked. Turning her head towards Trandel she went over to pat his head. This brought Trandel into his teary mode.
“You did well Trandel,” Loriena rubbed his head making him smile and turning to the instructor, “So…instructor, is it okay with you?”
He waved his hand saying he did not give a damn, just fight somewhere else. Loriena made her way over to the two of us and harshly pulled both of us apart. The student fell to the ground and I had to take a step back to balance myself. It was all silent and I figure if no one was going to make the first move then I am. I walked past the student on the ground and made my way over to the door and out of the academy to the training grounds. This student is growling like a dog whose property is being trampled on.
Once we made it to the training ground, the Combat class was moved to one side of the field by their instructor. The Magic class was on the other side and somewhere in the shadows the instructor was hiding. He wanted to see the fight too but I guess he was trying to pull it off like someone who does not care about anything.
I stood about three yards away from the student. He took off his sword and daggers and threw it to the sideline. I took off my only weapon and walked over to the sideline. My sword is the protector of my life. I cannot just throw it away like some piece of trash. I set it down and walked back to my spot and stared back at the angry student.
What was that all about?
I think that girl is crazy.
The Combat instructor walked in between the two of us and spoke in a husky tone.
“Because this is my class time, and the two of you are taking up the time…I propose that the loser will have to clean the field and weapons for two weeks.”
He walked back to his spot and the student had a smirk on. He knew he was going to win for some reason, but the thing he did not know was that his plans were plain as an open book in front of me.
“Magic only Silver,” he smirked and went into a fighting stance.
He took one step and without saying the magic spell out loud I used Gravity magic to knock him a couple yard away from me. The impact of gravity hitting him was like a loud firecracker. The whole area was surrounded by smoke, but by using a simple spell anyone can see through the smoke. The student landed with a loud thud and did not get up.
Silence was born for five minutes as the smoke dissolved back into the air. Once the smoke disappeared I continue to stand in the exact spot while the student was knocked out cold a few yards away. Everyone was silence as I went over to pick up my sword and made my way over to the Combat instructor.
“He will be out for at least two weeks,” the Combat instructor stared down hard at me with his lips tightly closed.
Slowly he shook his head like he was seeing something that was just a legend. “Are you saying you want to work in his place?”
I nodded my head and the Combat instructor boomed his laughter. It pierced the silence into two and all the students fidgeted around. I could feel Trandel’s and Loriena’s confuse eyes on my back. The Combat instructor stops laughing and lifts a hand to pat my back but without knowing I knocked away from me.
He stared at me and it was silence once again and then smile, “Silver, you’ve changed from an innocence daisy to a thorny rose. Tonight when all classes are done come here to start your clean-up!”
He turned around and ushered his students away to go train more. I turn just as our instructor landed beside the student. He placed two fingers on his neck to check his pulse and then turn to look at me. I saw surprise in his eyes and a little anger. Lifting his hand he stood up and spoke with a serious tone.
“Silver, I want you to come and release him from this spell right now.”
Everyone on the field held their breaths and the combat class stop walking and turned their heads. Their instructor walked slowly at first back but then started to run faster seeing the look in our instructor’s eyes. He stood in front of the down student and did the same thing our instructor did. He looked horrified as he turned his gaze up to me. Trandel and Loriena ran over to study and the other students were making their ways over too. However, both instructors turn around and glared at their class to not dare move.
Trandel placed two fingers to check the pulse and turned around quickly to face me. He made his way over to me and pulled my arm to walk over. However, I pushed his hands away from me and turned my back to them.
“What are you doing Silver? He will die in a few hours if you do not release him from such a strong spell!”
I could hear Trandel’s voice quiver but I did not turn around. I continue to walk back to the academy. Just then, the shift in the wind changed so I drew my sword and turned around quickly to kill whoever that such huge hatred. However, it was Loriena and the blade stopped right by her neck. If Loriena had not stop that second her head would had flew off.
She did not move but looked down at me with angry eyes, “What happened to you?”
I drew my sword back and turned my back to her. I then came face to face with Alace. She was crying and her eyes were red. The surrounding area was puffy and her small face was pink. She wiped her tears and took a step towards me, and I saw in her eyes sadness. It was the same kind of sadness many people had when they saw their loved ones die.
“S-silver, why are you like this?”
I stood there just staring at her and then turned my back to her and went over to the student who was lying on the ground. Going to one knee I placed the palm of my right hand on his chest and applied pressure. He gasped and stared to breathe heavily and his eyes opened and shut like he was in shock. Quickly standing up I walked past Trandel, then Loriena, and then Alace and back into the academy. A Demon has no emotion and shows no mercy.