Original Stories Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ The Elementalists ❯ Two - Florian ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Florian was not very pompous, though he indeed was a very wealthy sorcerer. Not filthy rich, of course, but wealthy enough to get by easily. He owned a small mansion on the outskirts of the forest, near a very large business village. He rarely went into town, however, because whenever he did he would be bombarded with girls who wanted him for his money or his looks, or in most cases, both.
 
Florian was quite the gentlemen, another plus to go along with his wealth, and even had the good looks to go with it. He was tall and fair-skinned, and had shoulder length black hair that hung loosely over his right eye. His eyes were sparkling amethysts that not one girl could resist. He always dressed very casually, rarely dressing up unless it was for a ball that his uncle was holding.
 
His father had died in the war for peace between both worlds, and his mother died soon after due to depression. Florian was never saddened about his fate, because his uncle had adopted him shortly after. His uncle was also like him, in a way; he was a kind, loving man who taught Florian his morals and the ways of the worlds.
 
Once Florian had come of age, he inherited his uncle's first mansion and lived there by himself for many years. Later on in life, he came across a group of girls in the forest near the lake. Curious, he cautiously watched them and eventually found out that they were the four Elementals named Kai, Candis, Chi, and Feng. Although Florian was caught soon after he learned about their identities, he easily made friends with the four and came to help them with their missions.
 
He would see them at least once or twice a month, and each time, he eagerly await them. But now, he knew that he would have to assist them completely with this particular mission, for it was more serious than previous ones.
 
Florian sighed as he sat down at the table, utterly bored out of his mind. He had spent the entire morning making sure that his home was as clean as possible for his two guests, but they had yet to show up. He was becoming slightly worried, only fueled more when a hurried knock and a frantic voice at the door caught his attention.
 
“Florian!” Candis exclaimed as he hurriedly opened the door. “Kai was wounded by a lizard demon in the forest, and she keeps going in and out of consciousness! I can't keep her awake, I've tried, and there's strange purple stuff in her blood.” She struggled to lift Kai's body up, relieved when Florian took her easily.
 
His eyes widened when he saw that Kai's own eyes were opening and closing ever so slightly. Kai blinked a couple of times before looking up and grinning like a fool.
 
“Hey Florian... Candis… You shouldn't worry so much about me,” Kai said, her head dipping downward as her eyes fluttered for a moment. “It's just a little poison… Trust me..” She trailed off, but continued to fight to get her point across. “It won't… kill me…” Suddenly she blacked out in Florian's arms, left to dream in a realm of darkness.
 
Florian frowned and quickly carried Kai over to a brown leather couch, gently laying her down and leaving to get some of his medicinal ingredients. He returned with two jars, one that looked like thick green slime, and another that was a deep purple color. He unbandaged Kai's arm and uncapped the jar with green slime in it.
 
“What is that for?” Candis asked, as she took out new bandages for when he finished mending her wound.
 
“It'll be hard for you to understand, but it's liquid poison ivy,” he answered, eliciting a high-pitched shriek from Candis.
 
“WHAT?! You're going to put more poison in her?!” she shouted incredulously.
 
Florian rolled his eyes. “It's the equivalent to flu vaccines in the human world,” he explained. “You inject the virus into the patient so that they will become immune to it.”
 
“Oh,” Candis said thoughtfully, feeling slightly bad for yelling at him. “I guess that does make sense. So it'll make the poison from that lizard… go away?”
 
Florian nodded, dipping his finger into the gooey substance and smearing it over the cut. Kai squirmed, but Candis had kept a firm grip on her so she wouldn't get away. “So then what's the purple stuff for?”
 
“That's to kill any of the poison that has already spread throughout her body.” Candis nodded and loosened her grip on Kai as Florian bandaged her up again.
 
“Shouldn't one of us keep an eye on her tonight?” Candis inquired, staring expectantly at Florian with a slight grin on her face. Florian pinked a little in the cheeks before he realized what Candis had meant.
 
“Candis! She hates me,” he said, unconsciously rubbing his neck and looking in the opposite direction. “If she woke up and saw me, I don't want to even think of what she'd do, especially now that she's wounded.” Candis laughed.
 
“As if,” she replied, yawning. “Well, today's been a hard day on all of us. I'll get some sleep, and you can take her up to your room for the night. Goodnight!” Candis called as she picked up her pack and ran up the stairs before he could object.
 
Florian sighed, mumbling “Great,” as he gently picked up Kai and carried her up the stairs.
 
 
Kai yawned tiredly and rolled over onto her side, her eyes slowly fluttering open. She them with the back of her hand, as they were still adjusting to the light shining through the blinds. She sighed. `Why am I dreaming that again…?' she asked herself, frowning. `Brother, why did you have to go?'
 
“It's about time you woke up,” Florian said, stepping inside his unruffled room and leaning against the wall. Kai stared blankly at him before everything rushed back into her memory bank.
 
A quiet “Oh,” was all that she could think to mutter. She had remembered little after she collapsed a quarter of a mile away from Florian's house, except that she had seen Florian's face and then hazily remembering a sticky substance being put on her arm. She rolled her eyes as she sat up on the bed. “I'm guessing Candis forced you to stay with me?” she wondered aloud, more as a statement than an inquiry.
 
Florian smirked and replied, “As always. Anyway, you two should probably stay inside for the day. It seems that people are after you infamous elementalists.” Kai rolled her eyes again, becoming annoyed.
 
“Us `infamous elementalists'? We're the only elementalists. Sure, there's element benders out there, but we control it all.” She looked at Florian triumphantly, who merely laughed in return.
 
“Whatever you say, Miss Elementalist.” He shook his head at her silly ways. “Candis is eating breakfast. Your wound should be healed by now, but that was no ordinary poison. There are few lizards that actually have poison in their claws, and those few are found mostly in the deserts. That lizard that scratched you was definitely sent by a higher force,” he explained, nodding to her arm.
 
Kai nodded, easily taking the information in as she removed the covers from her body and stretched her arms and legs. She swung her feet over the edge of the bed and stood up, stumbling as she followed Florian out to the kitchen.