Original Stories Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ The Damned ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
 
A/N: Hey guys, ok, so here's a fic I've been working on.
Just something I thought up, hope you guys like it!!!
 
 
Chapter 1:
Only the Beginning
 
 
 
Power.
One small taste and your back, wanting more. It's the object of any sane person's desire, it's what they need to survive, and it's their rock to lean on. It's what their heart feeds on.
Jealousy.
A drive that has them taking the plunge when ever someone else is put before them.
It's what makes them strive to be better, to get whatever they can to over power the weaker.
Passion.
Another piece of the ridiculous puzzle, it's what makes them live.
It helps them to breathe; it lets them hold on...
It's what makes their lives seem a little better, a little more focused, and intense.
The Past.
This is what sends them flying over the edge, it haunts them every night and whispers the words they hated to hear yet needed to comprehend all at the same time.
The stepping block that lets them succeed a little more, while also breaking down their sanity at the same time.
They're the ones who walk the street with their eyes dead ahead, each step leading them a little deeper into their future, into their destiny.
It's who you see walk by and pray to God you never become, it's what you hope will never become of your children.
And when you take a chance to look up into their bottomless eyes, all you're left with is the feeling of corruption to your soul; it digs out your insides and leaves you empty with all your organs lying out in a heap in front of you.
It's what makes you feel the need to turn away and say a prayer to a God you visit only on Sunday.
They are the creature you sometimes gather to call human beings.
Yet in reality.
They're the damned.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
 
The cafe was cozy, its lights were dimmed and the temperature was at an even 70.
It had the effect of warmth, a place where you could just sit back and relax, drink some coffee, leisurely chat while hearing the smooth music in the back of your mind.
Seated in an over plush chair, a woman's legs were hanging over the left arm that was curved up and was tall and strong, her head was back against a cream pillow that was up against the right arm of the chair.
The red cloth of the chair was nice and spongy, comfortable for an afternoon of reading in the middle of December.
Winter, a season that called for snow, for mystery, and for big wooly sweaters that made you sweat when the misplaced, brightly shining sun glared down on you.
Within the hands of the young woman, a book was open, her eyes were caught only on the text, becoming engrossed as she scanned over the last few pages.
It was your typical "fantasy-romance" book.
One that had a woman's life turned upside down when finding a wounded man with special gifts take shelter in her home, while also breaking her window in the process, And getting caught up in the whole exciting, confusing whirlwind of things.
When the book snapped shut, she sat up and sighed, "Typical ending, blah blah-blah," she rolled her hazel green eyes, her long lashes coming up and down as she yawned, one eye peaked open when the bells of the glass door to the cafe came in, its jingles catching her attention now as two people came in.
They both were garbed in long, black dusters, their collars were popped up to right at the middle of their noses while on their heads were long, Fedora type hats, which were also black and was tipped down, only allowing you sight to their eyes when they glanced up.
Which, in her case, she saw the pairs of eyes considering their gazes were fixated on her,
She got to her feet, her body pivoting sharply and heading to the door, the loud bells sending off the signal to her leave, she gulped and walked a little quicker when another chorus of bells went off and the taps of their black boots sounded on the concrete.
Looking back, she gulped when catching sight of one's eyes that were a piercing, hard on black that were glued to her, and sped up when she whimpered and looked ahead.
Her long brown hair bounced with each step, and then went flying behind as she took off into a sprint.
Hearing the quickening of their steps, she went even faster, rounding the corner as fast as she could, her pants were ragged and jumpy, the panic swelled up into her throat.
When a small smack sounded, she didn't give a thought, but the two followers did.
They came to a stop, and the one with black eyes bent over to pick up a book, a small, deep chuckle rumbling from the back of the person's throat.
"We should return this to her soon, eh? As for now, I feel the need for a bit of food, I'm hungry."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Music Played.
Within her apartment, Rae was in her bedroom sitting on her bed, her knees were up to her chest and her eyes stared straight into her reflection of the mirror of her dresser.
Sporting a tank top and short shorts, she was absolutely freezing, whoever, she made no movement to make a difference.
Three Days Grace was blaring; each and every word was flung into her ears and was sent down to pierce her heart.
The window was open, the air conditioner was on, and the humming of the fan over head had her usual tan skin seem a little lighter with her whole body shaking.
Thinking of the two people, creatures, from earlier, paranoia, anger, and fear was now embedded into her mood.
The thought of what they were capable of, what they could do to kill her soul, to have her by a rope within a moment.
"Ian," she trembled in her sadness and her eyes welled but didn't break with tears.
When thinking of her brother, her heart was squeezed exceptionally tight.
The thought of those monsters taking him and...Sacrificing him, hade her want to curl up into a ball and cry herself to death.
What else was there to do?
They had promised to come back for her, to do what they wanted, to use her for some reason that had no purpose.
And now, she was left with nothing but a void and this constant need to look over her shoulder, and with understanding too, considering earlier that day.
She was so cold.
"Hot chocolate," she whispered, placing her legs over the side of her sheet less mattress, her feet touched the painfully cold hardwood floor and her teeth clamped together in a hiss as she stood up, her stiff bones all most locking up from the cold, she placed her arms around her as she walked out of the bed room and into the living room.
Heading into the kitchen, the feeling linoleum tiles sent chills up her calves and tingled into her knees.
Oh how she longed for some warm liquid chocolate to slide down her throat.
When entering her kitchen, a gasp left her and her feet went back as she stumbled, hanging onto the frames of the door less entry.
Food was sprawled every where, or as much as it could covers with what little material of food she had. Her head was now spinning, and her heart was thumping, thinking it beyond scary to have some one destructive, besides herself, in her apartment.
Turning she now came to realize how much of a disaster her living room was, she shook with realization, anger, and fear.
"Hey Rae."
Her mind stopped, her heart skipped several hundred beats and the blood in her body froze, as the warm and ever so familiar voice came pounding into her ears like a gong.
She moved to face the owner of the voice.
Her breath caught into her throat as well.
"Oh..." Her chest rose high and crumpled, her eyes blinking several times as they sank into the big, warm brown eyes that stared at her.
He stood at 6'1, his frame was built and his shoulders wide like a foot ball player's. Against his tanned skin was the cloth of his black shirt, which was layered with a long black coat that came to back of his knees. At his waist was the band of snug black jeans which came to his black boots.
"Rae, surely you recognize me, right?" His brows rose hopefully and his smile was genuine, his dimples matching hers.
"I-Ian? No, I, you..."
His arms opened, the muscles flexing through his skin he gave a soft laugh and walked forward, "Give your brother a hug!
Rae was caught up in her tornado of emotions, the one thing she wanted most was to just let herself feel her brother's embrace once more.
So, obeying she came forward and her body seemed to topple into his, and her eyes closed as his arms wrapped around her.
But, an odd feeling came over her, or rather came over him, as his body seemed to change right there, the firm softness of his muscles was now sharp and rather uncomfortable, and when she looked up she found the same black eyes from earlier.
Her mouth opened to scream but nothing came out, and with a gasp, and a sharp pain to her stomach from his knee, she could see stars delude her vision, but instead of blacking out, she was wide awake and very aware of everything else.
Her fingers curled and tight fists were formed which swung and hit his face, making sure to let him feel the impact of all her emotions.
Footsteps were made into stumbles as he cried out and went to strike her, which in return she made a run for it, but tripped over the mess of her living room, the legs of her coffee table proving to be a very big annoyance.
Finally a scream left her as the biting pain of the wooden stab shot through her leg and engulfed her entirely, making her body writhe on the ground.
She slid down; his hand wrapped around her ankle and yanked her down, getting
On her back, he placed her hands behind her back and whispered into her ear, "Finally we have you, you should feel so privileged."
"Not...exactly," she said in-between gasps, the pain pounding at her mind.
"Come on, don't you wanna see your brother, he's been exceedingly annoying, asking every time I see him if you're ok. I tell him the same, 'She will be once she's with us'. This is true, considering your position."
"What position? And how in the world is my brother asking you about me? He's dead for God's sake...stop messing with me!" Rae was on the verge of turning and taking the leg of her table and yanking it out while burying it into the man's temple.
"Don't you worry deary, you'll know once were in true possession of you," she let out a breath the faded into a whimper when something pointy and bitter cold sank into the skin of her neck.
"Noo," her eyes rolled back and her head was lowered to the floor, as to not slam into the hard wood in case of even further damage, they were going to have his head for what he did to her leg.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /div>
 
 
 
Wasn't there supposed to be a light?
By God she was sure there was, she was right in her soul, wasn't she?
Sure, she wasn't perfect, but hey, who was?
"Oh God, please no, Not Hell."
"Sorry but you're not in hell, you're still in this miserable reality."
Opening her eyes, Rae blinked when looking up into a pair of emerald eyes that shined brightly, for a moment, finding amusement in his own joke, the emptiness came back.
"Where am I?"
"Oh, well if you're talking about this place, besides Earth, then you are in the pit stop to Hell, hope you enjoy it," he said and smiled.