Original Stories Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ The Damned ❯ Chapter 7

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Chapter 7:
What's to become?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Alex was in her room, set in front of her mirror, running a brush through her long black hair. She sighed to herself; her dark eyes staring back blandly as she moved her fingers to pull at the bottom of her black tank a little.
Grabbing the black band off of the top of her wooden Vanity, she set her hair back into a high ponytail, and then pulled on her leather jacket.
Apparently, she was to baby-sit the shorty Rae tonight, she had wanted a night out and the girl finally got one. And even though everyone else was going, she didn't understand why she had to go and take Rae as her own charge.
Well, according to what James told her, she had an idea why.
After complaining and whining, James took it up to reply.
"Because Alex, the both of you are new to this, but you have a little more experience, plus I think you're able to handle her and if she if to get into any trouble, I expect for you to respond strongly, if I'm wrong, tell me so and I'll get someone better for this job." His eyes twinkled at her, knowing he'd hit a nerve.
"Better? No one is better then me at kicking someone's butt all across the floor and using their face as a mop to the blood they spilled." Huffing, Alex rolled her eyes and glared, "Fine, whatever...I'll let the girl follow me around, but I won't sit back and let her have the fun. I want to do something too."
"But of course," he grinned, letting her see the effect of his gorgeous dimples, he winked gently, his long lashes fluttering at her which made her look away at the gentle flutter of her heart.
'Stop that', she scolded herself now as she stepped out of her room, 'Don't get involved, just leave him alone. Tonight you need some relaxation, which means beer and men.' Alex smirked to herself and went down the halls, appreciative of the group at the supposable exit of the place.
"Hey Alex," Adam's voice was high pitched and happy, grinning in his jovial mood, he placed a beefy arm around her shoulders, dragging her up to the rest of them, "We ready to go?"
Set in the group was Alex, Adam, James, Cyn, Eli, Rae, Ian, Miguel, Zell, and Korbin, looking at the approaching pair blankly. Alex took it upon herself to break from Adam and going over to stand by Rae, glancing down to the girl and arching her brow.
Since the injection Rae's memory was a bit fuzzy, sometimes she would find herself wandering the halls, silent and simply going, until she passed out. The first time Alex had found her like that, she hated to admit she was genuinely concerned. She found it unfair for the girl's mind to get fried up and scrambled into some unknown egg and has its parts mixed around, taken out and then added in with some odd ingredient.
Rae was dressed in jeans and a green tank with a cropped jean jacket and heels, her hair was set back high in a messy ponytail, strands of hair cupped her face and the glasses rested on the bridge of her nose. Alex nodded to her gently, "You ready?"
Looking up, Rae smiled and nodded, "Ready!"
It had only been ten days, and all ready she was going to be let out, Alex figured it was ok, she just hoped they didn't run in to any trouble. Ian as well was a bit messy, he had agreed to altercations for his sister's sake, but the two of them seemed pretty fine on the whole ordeal, so far. Alex was half expecting them to just short circuit and go insane.
"All right," Alex smirked and followed Eli the leader out of the building, she found that it led a bit farther underground and to a parking lot which was lit with the occasional light on the wall. Rae had taken refuge in Zell's hand, stumbling gently when her heel got caught in uneven cracks, she let out a short cry, leaning fully on him, not blinking when Korbin came up and grabbed her arm.
"Come on," he murmured, looking down to smile at her gently, his eyes twinkling in amusement at her expression. "Don't want you cracking that pretty little head of yours," She took hold of his arm now, giving the burden to Korbin instead of Zell now.
"All right," Eli clapped heavily, he dug in his pockets and got out two key, pursing his lips as he counted he said aloud, "Ten. Ten people, two cars." He looked to two black SUVs and smiled, throwing one pair to Miguel while he took the other.
"All right, I'm taking with me...Rae, Adam, James, Alex, and Cyn." Eli looked to Miguel and nodded, "You get the rest O Blessed One."
Korbin stepped forward, "Hold up...five people in each vehicle, I think Rae should come with us. You all have six." He cocked a black brow, "It's only fair."
"No, actually, it's not," Eli grinned, "Sorry Kor, but Rae is riding with all of us, so please, just...let it go. No need to get all huffy before we even get out of here, mmkay?"
Korbin growled but was pulled back before he could lunge at him and tear his eyes out. Zell patted his shoulder, "Chill buddy, and just let it set. Once were at the club, you can be with Rae all you want. I'm sure Eli has some ghost whores from the past hanging all around."
Korbin sighed and turned, "One of these days..."
"I know, I know, you're going to kill him." Zell rolled his blue eyes and gave his goofy grin, "C'mon, I need to hurry and get drunk."
Eli felt victorious as they piled in to the car, he was a bit disappointed when Cyn got in to the passenger seat, she knew by the way his lips tilted down and she glared at him to which he gave an uneasy smile. James made his way to the back with Adam who got in the second row behind Eli, Rae got in to the back beside James while Alex moved in the other seat behind Cyn, by Adam.
"So," Eli started up his car, he glanced into his rearview, "Rae, you ready to get outside finally?"
Her eyes furrowed slightly, he cursed ignorance when remembering she though it had only been a week or two since her stay. "Well," she was slow to speak, "I do like the idea of going out dancing," her brows rose inquisitively and she looked over to James, wondering if he had any idea. He smiled in return.
"Ya, you should be Rae, been a while since you've been to a good club, eh?"
Rae nodded, "Sort of." She smiled, and then looked out the small window beside her, a far off look coming to her eyes, leaning her head against the cool thick glass as they rode up and left the parking lot through an opening in the grass of a field and sped off onto the road.
It was slightly bumpy as they went through the grass and rocks until they hit the black top, riding smoothly suddenly, Adam clapped his knees before leaning forward and grinning, "Mind turning up the radio?"
Cyn glanced to the side before going forward and turning it on, Alex jumped, "My song!" Suddenly a chorus of high pitched imitations of Michael Jackson sounded in the car, James had come up in between Adam and Alex, singing out and sounding a bit like The King of Pop himself.
Rae had taken her head from the window and looked at them, confused and amused, she smiled a little, humming and moving her head in rhythm with the song.
Lately, Rae had found it difficult to go with the flow, everything seemed to go so oddly and felt like she was lost. Like a puzzle piece that wasn't fitting, considering the puzzle was of rainbows and kitties while her piece was apart of something dark and gloomy set within an icy forest.
But she decided to have fun, singing along, moving up slightly, her arms out and around the head of Adam's seat as he was sitting up, she sang along.
The ride didn't seem long as they came upon a club called Trio, it was only six at night, so the sun had yet to sink as they jumped out of the car with the appearing others as they drove up and parked and joined them in their entrance.
It was a large club, tall with two stories and was dark with glowing pain splattered about on the walls and floors as they gave one spotlight to the DJ on stage, who was changing up disks and put on a blaring CD of hip hop with the base turned up to the point of sending waves of vibration thru the floors to each person's feet and had the feeling trail up through their legs into their skull. “Nice,” James yelled out, finding himself drowning in the want as women swept past, each giving their own flirty glance with a pucker of their glossed lips.
“Yum,” he licked his lips and departed from the others.
Eli turned, expecting to see Rae, only to find her being drug away from her hand by Korbin who seemed to hold her attention well, smiling and giving out little murmurs into her ear which made her giggle and blush. It looked like she was enjoying herself with Korbin at her side. His heart thumped in pain.
He sighed when Ian patted his shoulder and yelled, "Don't worry man, you'll have your chance, you just got to learn to be attentive and daring," he winked, "Rae likes a bold man."
Looking back, Eli could see it was true as Rae laughed when Korbin grabbed her hips and began to grind into her, his arms going around, holding her stead fast as they danced.
"Sick," Eli spat.
Alex watched as James was being hounded by many girls, she scoffed and looked away, determined to find a guy who was hot, a little drunk, and was fine with no commitments; she smiled when finding one guy at a bar who was grinning at her.
Flipping her long hair back, she set her eyes only on him and lifted her lips up into a smirk, her hips swiveling seductively, she stopped right in front of him and leant forward, her hands on the bar, trapping him next to her.
"Hey," she whispered, one hand coming to take his beer, she placed it to her lips and took one long gulp, before slamming it back onto the bar, she grabbed his hand and yanked the man onto his feet, dragging him along, and making sure the sway of her hips trapped him. They were soon gyrating and dancing on the hardwood floor.
Cyn decided to spend some time at the bar, noting how Adam hung behind and joined her, "So uh, Cyn," he grinned at her brightly, "Think you're gonna be dancing?" Cyn shrugged a little, "Maybe," she took a sip of her drink.
"Well I hope, I love it when I'm the guy everyone's jealous of," he smiled a little; "You look great." Cyn blinked and looked down; she was in a pair of jeans which hugged her long, slim legs. The brown halter top caused her skin to glitter slightly, and her heels gave a sexy edge to her look.
"I...well, thanks," Cyn hid the smile and drank instead.
Rae was pressed back against Korbin, her hips moving in time with the pulsing rhythm, she was smiling as Korbin's hand traveled over her body, skimming her form, drawing her out as he moved with her curves. She bit her bottom lip as he held her close, loving the warm feeling that made her nerves tingle and a gentle growl leave her throat, making her turn and press against him.
Korbin was taken aback at the smoldering look in her forest green eyes, he paused, finding himself focused on only her, he shivered when she came forward and kissed his neck, feeling the cold smoothness of his pale throat.
Her lips parted and she drug her tongue over him as she sucked in, he groaned deeply and wrapped her tighter against him.
And in the mixture of it, Korbin found himself being pulled away, the feeling of sinking and losing air came up like cold water to the face which made him gasp and look around blinking wildly as Rae turned and started dancing against some other guy. He found his jealousy flaring, especially when Eli stepped in and tugged her away from the imposing man and had his hands on her lower back, his hips moving up against her, meeting her with every grind and move.
Only, before he could go and beat the blonde's brains out a red headed woman got in his way, smiling, her eyes looking up into his, "Dance with me," she cooed.
Korbin snarled and took her against him; she'd have to do for right now.
 
 
The drinks had an effect, Rae figured out, as she continued to down beers by the minute, at the bar with Eli, giggling and nodding to his slurring words, at least, that was what she heard. When she found herself bored by his words, she hummed gently, looking around, spotting out some of her friends.
Ian was dancing between two girls who were pawing at him and drinking and switching sides and kissing his neck. He seemed to enjoy it.
Zell was break dancing wildly, beating Miguel with his feet occasionally when the poor guy tried to get through with his lady who clung to him, looking sick and ready to pass out.
Rae smiled when seeing Cyn and Adam dancing together, and laughed when she broke away to join another man, leaving Adam still convulsing wildly while some other girl filled Cyn's spot.
James was at the other side of the bar, making out with some blond girl, the two seemed to be pretty into it as they let out gentle moans, Rae scrunched her nose at the way James grabbed the girl's chest under her thin shirt.
Taking another scan around the club, Rae saw Alex with two men on either side of her, competing for her full attention, to bad she was mainly focused on her liquor.
"I feel like going wild," Rae mumbled, looking to Eli who blinked suddenly, he smiled in his uncertainty as she moved her legs and stood up on the stool, wobbling a little.
"Whoa," Eli's hand went up, he blanched when realizing his hand had been planted on her butt; he gulped, though sighed when she simply used his helpful leverage and got on the bar.
"Rae," Eli stood, "What are you doing? Get off."
Rae began to move her body, stretching her soft curves in front of everyone, she smiled and moved down, bending over to looking into his eyes, he caught a good view of her cleavage.
"I wanna have fun," she said and smiled, standing up straight she let out a loud 'Woo' as she began to move to the music. It looked like she had just pulled out some moves from a few music videos and thrown them into one bar dance.
She was shaking and moving, dropping down and moving her way back up like a snake, her hands meeting above her head as she swayed her hips back and forth.
A few guys had gathered around, whooping and hollering their appreciation.
"Shake it baby!"
Eli growled as the man behind cat called and whistled, "Oh ya! Come on, take it off!" Rae's brows quirked up and she gave a seductive smile, her hands siding to her waist, and pushing against the green fabric of her tank, sliding it up to show her stomach before shrugging off her jacket and throwing it out to the crowd. She began to move her shirt up, and just before she got to her bra...
Rae cried out when being tipped over and slung over Korbin's shoulder.
"Aww," Rae pouted, "I wanted to," she hiccupped, "To dance."
Korbin moved his way through, tossing a glare to Eli who was gawking a bit as he went through, the onyx haired beauty stopped and snatched Rae's jacket away from one man before going on.
"Party pooper," one male shouted, only to get a mouthful of Eli's fist.
Eli followed Korbin outside of the club, finding the two at the wall outside, Rae was on her tail, looking up and speaking to Korbin in long strings of words.
"I'm fiiiiiine," Rae insisted, smiling stupidly as she swatted Korbin's hand away. "Believe me, just a little wooooozy," her giggling erupted loudly as she pushed herself up to her feet and used Korbin for her support. Looking to Eli, she waved, "Hey there Eli...Eliar..Elijahhhh...Elijew!" She threw her head back laughing, and pushed Korbin away, stumbling over to Eli who was confused and frowning, his brows pushed together in his baffled mood. When she fell forward, he caught her with a dip of his knees and a stretch of his upper body, her arms draping over his with a soft twinkle in her eyes, Rae's mutter went down like a stick spoon of gooey cough syrup which made him want to vomit and run all at the same time.
Her head lifted and she smiled, using what strength she had and slid up more on her feet and slapped her lips over his firmly, kissing him in her drunken stupor, he fought the urge to claim her lips as well and moved his head back when she fell unconscious.
Eli didn't meet Korbin's eyes and said simply, "Go get everyone...we need to head back."
 
 
James was in his room, lying on his back, looking up at the ceiling.
Last night had been a blast, and even though he now had a pounding headache, he still enjoyed the company of the beer and the busty blond, he grinned to himself in remembrance.
But then a frown came when recalling the way Alex had so many men around her, every one wanted a taste, and they all got a bit, besides him. Guess that was why he drowned his sorrows in the tramp's kisses.
At least she had a nice rack.
And then he went over what Eli told him, he faintly remembered a bit of Rae's episode, he was quite entertained as well, between his companion and the show he was grinning from ear to ear.
Then, Eli went to tell him of what happened for the after math of it all.
"I hate you."
James frowned whenever he was met by the fearsome look in his friend's eyes who told him of what Rae had grumbled before collapsing to kiss him and going blank.
Sighing, James sat up and took a look around his room, it looked so generic and common, and his lips quirked down and then up suddenly when thinking that he would actually enjoy an old house on a hill with a fence and a dog.
James laughed and stood, "I have a life here, I need to stop complaining, and just live with what I got...I should be thankful." Clearing his throat he headed off.
Rae's condition wasn't stable, he had to tell Mr. Fray, well, he could wait...if she still had lapses then he would check in. As far as he was concerned it was just a result of letting her out only after a week of her injection.
They should've left her to train, she needed it.
 
"Come ON Rae! More focus, more force!"
Adam's yelled caused Rae to sigh heavily as she got up from the ground, turning to glare at Zell, looking at her with apprehension. Last time she gave that glare; he was unconscious and had a nasty bruise on his stomach and face.
Rae tossed her hair back, focusing her eyes on him she outstretched her arm and planted her feet firmly, "KyyyyyyyAAAHHHH!" Suddenly a surge of blue came from her hands; Zell easily dodged her force of freezing water which would have caught him into a statue.
Adam let out a roar and pounded the wall before running over to Rae, "I thought you mastered it!"
Rae placed a hand to her head and mumbled, "I thought I did too! Obviously not, because I suck."
Looking her over, Adam took a step back, sucking in his teeth before saying, "Ok, ok, you got the physical part down, yeah, that's good. But you don't have the power, the force, the...," he paused and suddenly jumped, shouting, "KABOOM!" Landing heavily he glared into her eyes, "I hope you know that brute strength isn't enough."
Zell paused, thinking before speaking up, "Hold on Adam, isn't your whole act brute strength?"
"NOT!...The point," his hazel eyes glittered and then he smiled, "Look Rae, I just think that you should begin to meditate and start working on centering your power. It's the only way," he smiled apologetically.
"God, I hate practice," Turning, Rae sped over to the exit of the familiar silver room with the control board up top, "Especially in here, I can't relax in here!"
Both Zell and Adam's faces dropped and they looked away as if guilty for breaking a window. Rae's brows quirked but she shrugged and turned away, wanting to get some free time somewhere somehow.
 
 
Alex was with Cyn, which was common now a days, she was into pestering the woman, most definitely. Considering the tall broad had a lot of knowledge on this whole thing and ordeal, she was also willing on training the woman, for both of their sakes.
“So,” Scratching her chin, Alex looked at her left hand in consideration, “In reality, I guess, words are more then just, hurting emotionally. But physically if I put enough strength into it and focus all my energy…right?”
Cyn shrugged, looking to her long nails as she leaned back into the corner of the training room, “I suppose it's how it goes…it works for me. But, don't go and out right say it, that's gay.” She pointed out, and then wagged a long elegant finger once, “Think your command.”
Shrugging her brows, Alex sighed, “Here goes,” she muttered and shot her arm out, a flame surrounded it from her fingertips up to her shoulder, and she swung, the dummy in front of her had a hole through and through, the cloth chest now burning with fringes hanging inside the smoldering depth.
Cyn gave a short applause, “Good, good…was it hard?”
“Not at all actually,” Alex said, smirking. “I wanna do it again,” biting her lower lip she paused when Cyn came by and shoved her shoulder.
“No can do, “Pausing she then added, “We have a mission, tonight you're helping. As well as Rae, just the two of you…we have an idea you will be the ring leader, but know, even though Rae has practiced longer in real life…she doesn't know. So, DON'T bring it up.”
“All right,” Alex put up her hands defensively, “Don't worry, I'll…think before I speak? Ya, guess that's how it goes, anyways, I'll keep quiet.”
“Good, oh, and be careful. I don't feel like dressing any more wounds today.” Cyn sighed, rubbing her forehead before leaving the room.