Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ In the Heart of the Dragon Prince ❯ Maybe I would have preferred those bad guys... ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

In the Heart of the Dragon Prince
By Kannachan
 
Chapter Two
 
She awoke slowly, her head pounding. She reached up and felt the sticky liquid just beginning to dry in her hair. So then, it hasn't been long since I was injured.
 
It took a moment for her to recall how she had been injured. I was running from them… Those men. Wait-!
 
She spun around, expecting to be surrounded. But she saw no one. She stood, her legs wobbling; perhaps her sight was impaired? But no, she could see just as far as before, even if she could not focus.
 
She was alone.
 
Something is wrong. They were much too stubborn.
 
Glancing down to see what she had fallen over, she saw what looked like a step. Closer inspection revealed that is was the first in a long staircase. Intricate designs covered them, not the least bit worn. So, the staircase is unused. She knelt down to inspect the largest carving.
 
It was beautiful, countless stones imbedded to form a flying, twisting dragon. It was a deep red, most wonderful, but what struck her were the deep blue eyes; blue stones were no longer around, all had been taken by the…
 
“Dragons.”
 
“Oh!” She spun around to see who had spoken. A man stood before her. She immediately raised her guard; a strange man, she was injured, and alone; add in her torn skirt, and what else could she expect? Not to mention that he had not been there just moments before.
 
“Calm down. I won't hurt you,” he said, his voice deep and cold. He bent down to get their eyes on the same level; she slapped him.
 
“Leave me be,” she demanded. “I am not in need of your assistance.” His eyes flashed; he was enraged.
 
“I saved you; you cannot strike me! You are indebted, and if I so chose, I could have you killed.”
 
“Try it,” she hissed. She jumped to her feet and began to run up the stairs, nimbly jumping to cover three steps in one leap.
 
“Trissany!” She stopped. “I know your name. I can control you.” He took his time walking up to her, pausing occasionally to examine a section of the ornate patterns. Meanwhile, she struggled to move.
 
When he arrived, he gripped her chin. “I am the Prince of Dragons. You will obey me.”
 
Somehow I think I was better off before.
 
***Authors Note***
And so ends chapter two! Please review! I'm not sure that this turned out well, but then, my main choice of writing is poetry. The next chapter will be better, I assure you!