Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ White as Snow ❯ Why Me?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
White as Snow
By: Soulless Child

One day my father came up to me and said, “Nicole, honey. How’d you like to go out and see the world?”, and just like that, I was on the curb. My father kicked me out. He booted his 17-year-old son onto the streets. Ouch.

Oh, I feel loved! Not! Sadistic, old son of bitch! That’s right granny! I’m calling you out! How could you give birth to the anti-Christ! Didn’t you think that this might happen?! Your poor, neglected grandson was thrown out to the wolves. Oh, for shame!

The last thing I said to that senile cross dresser- Come on! What man wears an apron!?- was, “You will regret this!” Honestly! How cliché! I sound like Golem but without a lisp! “My precious-s-s!”

Lucky for me, my best bud, Rae-Rae lived across the street from me and hooked me up at his cousin’s house in Tranquility City, D.C., a two hours drive from my former home in O’Malley, till I found a place of my own. Which I decided when I got at Cousin Vicky’s trailer was going to be pretty soon.

She had triplets. Three little, 7-year-old brats named Faith, Brooke and April. Who harassed me from the moment I stepped into that god forsaken house about my name. I like it! Nicole sounds sophisticated and sincere yet manly! Oh, but they just laughed and laughed when Cousin Vicky introduced me to her three Portuguese amigos. Man, I just want to pop those little pimples!

I’m surprised that my father, Satan, didn’t give birth to these little she-devils! Oh, did I forget to mention that all three girls were brown. I’m serious. Brown hair, brown skin, hell even brown eyes! They were honestly brown! They even liked wearing it! I may not be a runway coach, but even I know these girls can’t work it! Pshaw!

On the other hand, Vicky LaTrelle, the creator of the hell-spawns, is b-e-a-utiful! She could even make the Pope have a wet dream. Long, black hair cascaded down her back, smooth skin and those lips! Awww! Every fantasy began with Cousin Vicky! Well unless you go back to the cave men days where you were pulling one off after seeing two frogs get it on.

I don’t mean to sound like a pre-Madonna when I say this but we need a bigger trailer. Our miniature, little trailer has two bedrooms, a kitchen/living/play area and one bathroom. We live in the south-side trailer park, near the sewage treatment plant, merrily called ‘Trailer, Sweet, Trailer Park.’ Oh, the irony.

The harpies from hell and back got the master bedroom while Cousin Vicky got the bedroom beside the triplets and for the poor beggar child, I got the stockades or also pleasantly known as the pull-out couch. I don’t know about other people’s couches but I’m pretty sure their pull-out couch doesn’t give them bruises when they wake up! Seriously people, come on! It’s plain torture! At times like this that I miss my queen-sized bed with memory foam and feather duvet! Screw you human rights activists! Make me a damn bed child laborer!

I’ve been living in Cousin Vicky’s house for about three months now. As payment for staying there, I do all the chores, babysat the hell spawns and worked a part-time job at the Factor Café on the main drag, doing dishes and swabbing the decks.

I’ve never seen a cooler place than Factor Café. This place is so extreme! It has neon and strobe lights, and poll dancers- you know the kind that doesn’t take off their clothes- while selling delicious pastries! Plus I work with the Pack or also known as Colby & Tyler Robinson, Jackson Hillcrest and Dante Sakurada. Colby and Tyler are brothers, while Jackson is the self-proclaimed leader. Dante is a mystery; all we really know about him is that his family use to live in Japan till his seventh birthday then moved here and that he has a soft spot for small, cute animals.

However, I’d never thought that I would find anything other than cream puffs in Factor Café but I had found something worthwhile. And it was right under my nose the whole time.


“Damn it! Get back here you little brats!”

Nicole just woke up with water running down his face. Three identical squeals could be heard down the hallway. They could at least pretend to be hiding, where could three seven-year-olds hide in a 4 room trailer?! Unfortunately for Nicole, there was a lot.

Nicole rummaged through his suitcase pulling on a grey shirt and black sweats.

“You’re awake now?”

He twisted his head to look at Cousin Vicky, cocking an eyebrow at her.

“You didn’t hear that? How old are you again?”

Vicky half-heartedly glared, “28 and I was just–“

“Stating the obvious? Thanks.”

Cousin Vicky rolled her eyes, and pulled on her suede jacket.

“You’re leaving so soon?” Nicole asked, walking the short distance to the kitchen and grabbed the Company’s Coming Cookbook. Vicky nodded. She worked at a nearby law firm as a secretary. The job paid well and it was close to home so she could just walk there. Before her boyfriend left her, the asshole left when he found out that she had three buns in the oven. She worked across the city at a theatre called ‘Twice Blown Home’ as an understudy for Ellen Ripley, in Alien the Musical.

“Today’s chores are posted on the fridge and today you need to drop the girls off at Auntie B’s, and say ‘Hi’ to the Pack for me?” Vicky pointed to the clock above the sink, “At exactly eight o’ clock I’ll be back, Girls!”

Three brown blobs raced down the hall and into Cousin Vicky’s arms. Nicole almost smiled to himself, then he remembered exactly what Vicky was hugging, pure evil in the form of three demented mermaids. No, not like the mermaids that hang with Sebastian and Flounder under the sea, but the creepy mermaids from Harry Potter that are brown and scaly and will claw out your eyes and make your ears bleed from their shrieking! Nicole sighed as Vicky walked out of the door.

“Girls, what do want for breakfast?”


Nicole dragged his feet through the back door of Factor Café, and waved listlessly to the Pack.

“Damn! Nicky! The harpies ate you alive didn’t they?” Jackson drawled, looking Nicole over.

Nicole looked and felt liked someone ran him over, back up and did it again because they felt like it and spat on him for good measure. Nicole glared up at the blonde, “Bite me.”

“Oooh! I’m so scared!” Tyler laughed hi-fiving Colby, another Pack member and younger brother.

Dante rolled his eyes at dark-haired brothers’ antics and placed a comforting hand on Nicole’s shoulder.

“Thanks, man.” Nicole sighed.

Colby cat called, “Love is in the air tonight! Ow!”

Jackson readied another spoon and fired it at Colby.

“Damn it! Ow! Jackson! Stop it! Ow!” Colby leapt over the counter for cover.

“Baby brother!” Tyler faked mock terror and swayed dramatically before fainting. He even twitched on the floor for extra effect.

“Die! Mutherfucka!” Colby loaded with plastic salt shakers, hurled them at Jackson and Nicole.

Jackson, a former gymnastic, back flipped and did a double hand spring away from the oncoming missiles.

However, Nicole screamed as he was pelted with salt shakers, “Colby! God damn it! OWWWW!” Nicole tripped over Tyler’s leg that just ‘happened’ to move. His face personally greeted the floor.

“My nose!” Nicole and Dante tried to stop the constant flow of blood.

“Oh, it’s on now! For honor and glory!” Jackson unleashed his surprise attack, whacking, the now upright, Tyler and Colby with an oven mitt.

“No! Not the Mitt of Doom! Who shall save me from this wicked man!?” Tyler laughed, doubling over with his brother.

Jackson jaw dropped, “How dare you mock the ‘Mitt’!” The taller boy bitched slapped the older brother with his mitt.

“Slut!” Tyler grabbed the mitt and slapped Jackson.

“Touché!” Jackson grabbed it back and smacked Colby.

“What the hell?!”

“Aaahhh!” Suddenly Tyler found himself knocked on his ass with a bag of flour on his lap. He sent a steady glare at a laughing Nicole and a smirking Dante. “It’s on!” He slashed the bag open.


“You know we have to clean this place up before Big Mac comes, right?” Dante made a gesture to the destroyed storage room.

Big Mac was their rhino sized boss, unfortunately for the Pack he looked like the love child between a gremlin and a leech. It was that bad.

Four faces covered in flour blinked back at him, the shortest, Nicole, walked towards him, soon followed by the other three.

“So…Time to unleash our mad cleaning skills?” Jackson wiped flour and egg off his face, cocking his eyebrow at the brothers.

Tyler and Colby grinned like mad men and raced around the room cleaning. Jackson smirked and glanced over to the others, “Dante check Nicole’s nose, then both of you help, okay?” He sent a knowing look at Dante.

Dante nodded, placing his hands on Nicole’s shoulders, he pushed Nicole to the washroom before he could protest. Nicole glanced over his shoulder and frowned at the three smirking young adults behind him, he shook it off.

Dante wrapped his arms around Nicole’s waist and lifted him onto the lip of the sink in the washroom and grabbed the paper towel.

“I can do this myself you know.” Nicole growled, blushing.

The older boy rolled his eyes, wiping away the gobs of red flour. “I know.”

Nicole shook his head and groaned, “Why are you doing this for me?”

The hand stilled before resuming its previous task, “What do you mean?” Dante raised a dark eyebrow at the flustered teen.

“Why are you always taking care of me?!”

Dante sighed, glancing away, deep in thought. Nicole squirmed in the uncomfortable silence.

“If I told you, would you be disgusted?”

The younger boy frowned and shook his head. Dante sighed and leaned forward.

“W-wh-what are y-you doing?” Nicole held his breath as Dante leaned against his shoulder.

“I love you.”

“Yeah, man. I love ya, too.”

Dante shook his head, “No, I mean I love you.”

“What do you mean?” Nicole gently lifted Dante’s face up.

“Nic…I!” He covered his lips over shocked ones.

Nicole gasped and melted into Dante’s strong hug.

Dante smirked and lifted the small boy off the sink, “All done. Let’s head back…Who knows what those idiots will do unsupervised.”

He held back a giggle and blushed before checking over himself in the mirror, pale, light blonde and skinny…he looked like fuckin’ Casper the Friendly Ghost except he wasn’t see through and semi-retarded. However, he blushed again as Dante’s visage stared his own down in the mirror. Nicole turned around and tentatively grabbed Dante’s hand leading him back into the storage room. ‘Maybe being kicked out by my dad wasn’t such a bad thing after all…’