Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ White Christmas...Or Not??? ❯ Tears of Sorrow ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Well here it is Chapter 5. I hope you all like it as much as the rest of the story.
---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------
White Christmas...Or Not??? Chapter 5: Tears of Sorrow


It was a long night for both Edward and Daniel. Edward stayed the night at the hospital, to make himself feel better. Daniel went back to Edward's after telling my parents what had happened to me. Daniel had woken up early, and headed up to the hospital.
"Morning." He said.
"Good morning Mr.?" Nurse Heather said.
"It's Daniel." He replied.
"Oh yes." Heather said, "Your friend, is still sleeping. Both of them."
"I gathered that." Daniel said and smiled.
"The Doctor was hoping you would come back." Heather said.
"Really?" Daniel asked, "Why?"
"He would like to discuss the case with you." Heather said, "Please follow me."
Heather took Daniel down a hallway, that held all the Doctors. She took him all the way to the end of the hall, when she stopped, at a door labelled "Dr. Deven James". Heather knocked on the door, then opened it, she motioned for Daniel to enter. Daniel thanked her, and Heather replied back and headed back to the front desk.
"Morning." Daniel said, "I'm Daniel. My friend is the one who was sent here yesterday, due to her injuries."
"Ah. Yes." Dr. James said, "Sit down. I'm Doctor James. I examined her."
"How is she?" Daniel asked.
"She is doing fine." Dr. James said, "Her wounds seem to be healing fast. However, there is something else I wanted to discuss with you."
"And what would that be," Daniel asked.
"Well." James said, "You saw the piece of glass that was in her arm. Well, if that had gone any farther, she would have died there. It's surprising that, after all of the other things they had done to her, that the glass stayed right were it was."
Daniel was amazed that Dr. James seemed to be not so shocked, as many of the doctors would have been. Daniel took the time, to get the know how, on how to help when I woke up.
----------------
I felt pain, when I woke up. My eyes took their time to open, wincing at the pain. When my eyes finally adjusted to the little light shining through the blinds, I tilted my head. I saw Edward sleeping in a chair next to my bed. I tried to remember just what had happened, but every thought brought pain with it. I couldn't breath right, I panicked, and that's when Edward woke. He heard my little scream.
He got up quickly, and bolted to my side.
"Calm down Kitty." Edward said putting his hand on my forehead. "It's all right now. I'm here."
"Edward." I said weakly,
"Shhh. Don't try to move too much." Edward said, "You're still sore from yesterday."
"Yesterday." I said weakly, then the flashbacks started to happen which brought more pain.
"Kitty, calm down." Edward said almost in tears, "I'm not going to leave your side."
Just as Edward finished his last sentence, Daniel walked in. He had a cup of tea in his had, and a hot chocolate for Edward.
"Morning." Daniel said.
"Morning Daniel." Edward said leaving my side to get his hot chocolate.
"Morning Kitty." Daniel said walking over to my bed. "How are you feeling?"
"Sore." I said, "And crappy."
"I would think so." Daniel said with a smile.
"So?' Edward said, "How bad is she?"
"Well Edward." Daniel started, "The Doctor said, her wounds were healing fast, but he did say that with all the motion she had done by them yesterday. She should be dead right now. So we know that it's gods work that she's still alive."
Edward looked a little relieved at that. Daniel Even said that I got to go home today, once they put my arm in a sling. I was glad to go home, I could finally relax, I looked at Edward. He looked tired, he seemed upset with himself for letting that happen to me. I started to cry. Daniel hit the button for my bed to lift up, and gave me a hug. The tears started to flow even more. But Daniel was still hugging me telling me it will be all right.
"I'm so sorry," I sobbed.
The doctor came in the room, with a light blue sling. He seemed happy to see me up. He smiled at me, but all I could do was cry. The doctor understood why I was crying, and told me that I was going home today. He got me to go and get dressed, luckily Nurse Heather was there to help me. I got out of the tiny bathroom fully dressed, but my face showed that I was in a lot of pain. Dr. James put the sling on my arm, trying to make sure not to move it so much. He told me to try and not move it as much as possible. I thanked him, and left with Edward and Daniel.
-----------------------------------
The next day was the worst. My mom gave me a ride to school. And all day other students were staring at me. A bunch had already come up to me and asked me what happened, before I even got to my locker to put my stuff away.
I reached my locker, opened it, and put my things in it, but grabbing my binder, and slung it over my good arm. I walked in to the cafeteria, and the same thing happened. Everyone in there looked at me, April, Maxx, and Jess all got up and started to ask me what happened. So all I said was Tess, Fiona, and Sonia happened.
It was like that all day, every class, every teacher asked me if I was all right, I told them I was fine, still very sore. I noticed by math class that I hadn't seen Edward yet. I thought he was going to be late, he did look tired, but when the bell went for lunch. I got up and walked out of the class. When I reached my locker, April, and Maxx were there waiting.
"Hey," They said.
"Hi." I said, "You haven't seen Edward have you?"
"No." April said, "We haven't seen him all morning."
"He didn't come to math?" Maxx asked.
"No." I said, "I'm going to call him."
I grabbed my cell phone, and went to my contacts. Edward was right after Daniel, I had gotten his number after he drove me home from school before my accident had happened. I pushed the send button.
"Hello?"
"Hi. Daniel?" I asked, confused as to why he would answer Edwards phone.
"Ya." He replied on the other end.
"What are you doing answering Edward's phone?" I asked.
"He told me to." Daniel said. "He's not feeling well."
"Oh." I said, disappointed. "Tell him to get better for me okay?"
"Will do." Daniel said and hung up.
The rest of the day was a nightmare. I missed Edward, he was always there, but now, he wasn't. In art Ethan kept bugging me, I tried to not pay attention to him, but that failed miserably. Even in English I felt the loneliness creep in on me. It was like the days before he came into my life. I started to tear.
--------
"Will do." Daniel said and hung up. "Here."
"Thanks." Edward said.
"I don't like liying to her." Daniel said.
"Me neither." Edward said, "But I have a lot to think about."
Edward went down stairs to the basement. Daniel was left to make dinner. He thought he would invite me to dinner. Daniel wrote a note and ran it over to my house, came back and started dinner. He'll have to talk to her., Daniel thought, Even if I have to force him to tell her what's bugging him.
----------------------
I got home just in time, I had to take the bus, I didn't want a repeat of what happened yesterday. I got inside and threw off my boots. I walked in the house only to find no one home. I put my stuff in my room and went out to the kitchen. There was a note on the table.
" Kitty, Gone out. Don't know what time we'll be home. Daniel left this note for you as well. Love ya, Mom and Dad."
"Hmm" I said and picked up Daniel's note and read it out loud. "Kitty, I would like to invite you to dinner tonight. I feel like I should have you over!! :) Here is the address, House 14 in Eagle Moon. You can't miss it. It's the big white one. Come over any time you like. See ya soon Kitty. :D Daniel."
I went back in my room grabbed my jacket, put it on my one good arm, and held the note and the other half of my jacket. I left the house, it was lightly snowing. I didn't mind, I walked out of the trailer park, and headed for Eagle Moon. Once in the other home place, I walked until I saw Edward's Mustang and Daniel's car. I was a little bit confused as to why Daniel was with Edward or the other way around. I got up to the front step and knocked on the door.
Daniel opened the door and greeted me. He smiled at me and told me to come in. He closed the door behind me and then took my coat.
"Umm. Daniel?" I asked.
"Yes." Daniel asked. "Oh you want to know why I'm living with Edward."
"Yeah." I said.
"Well, I'm here for a couple of months while Bob is gone, and I'm helping Edward get settled in." Daniel said.
"Oh." I said.
Edwards place was huge. I heard a song being played, I recognized it as "What I've Done" by Linkin Park. Edward was playing in the basement. I was shocked, though I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play that good.
"I hope you realized that Edward wasn't really sick." Daniel said from the kitchen.
"I figured that out when I heard him playing." I said. "Why didn't he come then?"
"Why don't you go down and ask him yourself?" Daniel suggested.
I walked down the stairs to the basement doors. I stopped, Edward was now playing "Leave Out All The Rest" by Linkin Park. I was frozen, but I managed to knock on the door. Daniel heard me knock and came to the top of the stairs.
"Just go in." Daniel said, "I'll be up here if you need me. But yell OK."
"Ok." I said nervously.
I entered the room. In the basement there was a stage, where Edward was playing. He was magnificent, I had never heard anyone play like that before. Edward looked up and saw me standing by the door. He was surprised to see me, I could tell, he jumped a little bit when he saw me.
"Um. Hi" I said.
"Hi." Edward said and put his guitar on its stand.
"I missed you at school." I said looking at the floor.
"I'm sorry I wasn't there." He said, "I wasn't feeling so good."
"And now you feel better?" I asked concerned.
"Ya. Much." He said not looking at me.
"That's good." I said. "Edward?"
"Yes." He said.
"Is there something bugging you?" I asked looking at him.
"No." He said not looking at me.
I looked around the room, but eyes went back to Edward. He looked just as he did at the hospital, he looked like he was in pain. I realized why he looked like that.
"Edward do you feel that this was your fault?" I asked.
Edward didn't say anything.
"Edward." I said, "It's not your fault."
"Yes it is." He said, facing the wall, "I could have taken you home.""Edward, I told you that I didn't want a ride home." I said, "I told you that it was your time to be alone."
"THAT'S NOT THE POINT." Edward began to yell, "IF I'D HAVE GIVEN YOU THE RIDE HOME YOU WOLDN'T BE LIKE THAT!"
"Edward, I'm not blaming you." I said the tears started to flow from my eyes.
"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" He yelled, "THERE'S SOMETHING..."
"What?" I asked.
"I can't explain it." He said.
"And why not?" I asked.
"Cause I don't even know where to start." Edward said.
"Start at the beginning." I said.
"I CAN'T TELL YOU." Edward yelled.
"Why Not?" I asked the tears were really flowing now.
Edward turned aroud and ran at me. When he reached me he stopped, and grabbed me by the arms. I winced at the pain.
"I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU!" He yelled.
Daniel had heard the yelling, and rushed down the stairs to see what was going on. When he opened the door, he saw Edward letting go of me, and turning around, Daniel walked to my side to see me crying.
"I don't understand it." Edward said, looking at the wall. "I just..."
Edward stopped there. He was so upset with what happened, he went to the wall and hit it. I watched as the wall cracked, I was crying even more, the pain in my arm was a huge part of my tears. But Daniel was there to catch me when I almost fell when Edward hit the wall again. Edward was pissed.
"Edward. Please calm down." Daniel said.
"I don't want to lose you Kitty." Edward said, "Daniel, Please take her up stairs. I don't want to hurt her any more."
Daniel helped me up the staris. I almost fell, the tears had gotten to the point where I couldn't even see straight. All I could see were blurred versions of what the objects were. When we reached the top of the stairs, I heard Edward singing again, only this time he was singing "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade. I began to cry again, Daniel took me into the kitchen and sat me on a chair.
"He's been like that since he got home yesterday." Daniel said. "He was so mad at himself for letting them hurt you."
I cried.
"Edward." Daniel said, and sighed, "He's had a rough life."
After a few minutes Dinner was ready. I had to admit I was starving. Daniel went and got Edward from downstairs, and we ate in silence. Nobody said a word for five minutes. I looked at Daniel, he looked quite content. But then I looked at Edward, he looked like he was going to burst at any second. I didn't want Edward to think that it was his fault that I was in the condition I was now. But I knew if I said anything that Edward would blow up. I couldn't take it, I stopped eating, I was beginning to loss my appetite anyway.
"You ok Kitty?" Daniel asked.
"No." I said staring at my plate half eaten.
Edward looked up and saw a tear fall from my face.
"I'm going home." I said, and got up from my chair.
"Kitty, I'll drive you home." Daniel said. "It's not far, but it's dark out."
Daniel drove me home, and apologized for Edwards behaviour, I told him it was ok, and went inside my house. Daniel drove back to Edward's. When he got inside he saw Edward heading downstairs.
"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO HER?" Daniel yelled.
"I don't want to talk about it." Edward said staring down the stairs.
"NO! EDWARD WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THIS NOW!" Daniel yelled. "You've never let anyone in your life. Not since your parents died."
"I told you I don't want to talk about it." Edward said sternly.
"Edward." Daniel said, "I know you like her. But it wasn't your fault that she got hurt.""YES IT WAS." Edward yelled, still staring at the stairs.
"Why do you think that?" Daniel said.
"I wasn't there to protect her." Edward said.
"You might not be there every time she gets hurt." Daniel said.
"But, I still could have taken her home." Edward said.
"Edward." Daniel said, "Go over to Kitty's and have an open discussion with her. But don't yell at her. Her partents are still out so you can stay there till they get beck."
"All right." Edward said.
-------------
I was sitting on the leather recliner chair, that my dad claimed as his, when I heard the doorbell ring. I got up and went to the door. When I opened it, I was surprised to see Edward standing there.
"May I come in?" He asked.
"Sure." I said, and went to the hallway.
"You have a nice place." He said.
"Yours is nicer" I called from the hallway.
Edward followed me, only a few inches behind me. He stopped when he saw the pictures of me on the wall, when I was younger.
"You were cute when you were young." He said.
"I get that a lot." I said from the living room. "Your not here to make small talk are you?"
"No. I'm not." Edward said, sitting down on the leather couch next to me.
"Then why are you here?" I asked still upset with what had happened back at his house.
"I'm here to apologize for what I said." Edward said.
"Oh you are." I said.
"Yes." Edward said, he then looked at me, "Kitty, I'm sorry for what I did."
I knew he meant it. I saw the sincerity in his eyes. I started to cry again, I didn't know why I cried so much when he was around me. He motioned for me to come and join him on the couch, which I did. I sat next to him, but not touching him. Edward looked at me, and moved his arm around me. I winced when he touched my bad arm, and with one movement I was right next to him. Touching him with the side of my body. It was comfortable sitting there, with my head on his chest. He grabbed the romote and tunred the TV on.
"Edward." I said looking up at him "It's not your fault.""Shh!" He said and put his fingers from his other hand on my lips, "Let's not bring that up again."
"I'm glad your not upset anymore." I said and put my head back on his shoulders.
I must have fallen asleep on him. But he heard the phone ring, being careful not to hurt my arm, he placed my head gently on the arm of the couch, and went for the phone.
"Hello?" He said, "This is Edward....Ya she's here, she's asleep though....Oh....Ya...I understand the roads are bad then don't come home....Ya, I'll stay here with her...Kay...Bye."
He hung up the phone and went back to the couch. I moved, and got up from my sleep. He hurried by my side.
"Who was that?" I said sleepily, only cathching him say good bye to whoever was on the phone.
"That was your parents." Edward said sitting down beside me.. "They wont be coming home tonight. The weather is too bad in the coast. So they're staying there for the night."
"Oh. So that's where they went." I said sleepily.
"Ya." He said, "Now go back to sleep."
I put my head on his chest again and closed my eyes. I feel asleep faster than I would any other day. And that night while I was sleeping there on Edward's chest, I dreamt of him, and me together on a beach.
---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Well there you have it. Chapter 5 is finished. Let me know what you thouhgt, by leaving a comment, I'll try to have ch.6 up soon..
:)