Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Two Souls ❯ Losing Sleep Over You -or- I hate you ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Luneta PoV. Ch. 3. Like I've said many times before, I own all these damn characters!! And this story line!! Don't mess wit meh!! I bite!
 
It's so friggin cold where I am, right now. Well, I have my sliding glass door open, and I'm sitting in front of it right now. Ain't that smart?
~|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|~
 
Losing sleep over you
-or- I hate you
 
So what? I shoved some weird pervert that was looking at me while I was sleeping. That's a normal reaction, right? We ended up taking him with us back home, because of his aura. Seemed different, you know? He didn't have the normal cocky mortal feel about him. And he seemed to know a lot just by inferring things. That isn't normal among normal humans. Whatever... I hate him. He was being weird staring at me when I was SLEEPING. Weirdo. He seemed to know that there was something different about us two, and we knew there was something different about him. Different but familiar. I eventually found myself telling him to sit there and be pretty. I guess he didn't get the message, because he asked another question.
 
"How do you know each other? You don't look much alike. I don't think you're sisters..." He was obviously right. He was always right. Everything he's said was right... Well, except for that whole "joining the undead legion" thought. That was wrong. We haven't made a legion… yet… I smirked.
 
"You're right. We're not sisters. We were just kind of brought together one day. We don't like discussing this with complete strangers. Why don't we wait until we get back to our place, and sleep? Later on today, we can ask more questions." Sorina said. Whatever. I was sleeping on the way there. But if I ever catch that damn Kyle staring at me while I'm sleeping, I swear, I'll personally make it impossible for him to produce children.
 
I slept for the rest of the ride home. I don't know what the other two talked about, or if they talked at all. But once we got home, we had to set up the futon in my room. I would sleep in Sorina's room, and Kyle would sleep in mine. I still don't see why he couldn't have slept on the fold out bed in the couch, out in the den area. Whatever... I just wanted some sleep. I was really worn out now, wiping a mind, dealing with Kyle, and so on. Maybe my attitude'll be better once I get some sleep... Probably not. It was his fault, though. Maybe if he wasn't staring, we could be friends. And why did it bother me so much that he was? Well, the point that it was while I was sleeping didn't help much. Whatever... I really needed to get over this. I'm one who holds grudges, but I need to fix that about me... Living forever doesn't help matters... I mean, if I held a grudge, it would be for a VERY long time... I would never think about going back and saying "sorry" if I felt I was dying. Because, either that person is already dead, or I died before I could get to them. Vampires and vampresses don't die from old age... They can live forever, unless they willingly give up their life, get killed by a human, or something like that. That's right. Humans do know something about vampires... How to kill them. The steak through the heart would kill anything, so that doesn't count. And the silver bullet too... I mean, you go right ahead and use a silver bullet, but you could always use a normal copper tip bullet, from any gun... I wonder how these rumors started... Anyways, the way to kill a vampire is easier than you would think... Well, other than a mutilated or broken heart, you can kill a vampire by touching it fully on the skin with a crucifix. Humans never really thought about it like that. They apparently knew that vampires don't like holy things, but I guess it never occurred to kill us with it. But do you think it's possible that we might have accumulated immunity to this? Because now, I can walk by a church with service in session and almost not at all affected by it. It's a possibility, right?
 
I laid there in bed, half asleep, thinking about all these things, when I heard the door open and shut. I looked over to where Sorina had been sleeping, but she was gone. She must have gotten up to go get something to drink. That must be it... I waited for a couple more minutes, trying to stay up, so I could make sure that she made it back to bed, but I finally fell fully asleep. During the night, I didn't dream. Vampires can't... Something in the mind doesn't allow it... I don't understand much about psychiatric problems, so I would probably never get to know that answer.
 
I finally woke up later that day, at about eleven a.m. I got about five hours of sleep... That would be enough. I've gone longer with no sleep, so it didn't faze me all that much, as long as I got a bit of sugar throughout the day. To think, I lost sleep over a guy that pissed me off.... I yawned and stretched... I had one more blanket on me than I went to bed with. Sorina really was like a big sister to me... I really wish that was the case. Sorina was obviously not in the room. She was more of a morning person, and can go with two hours of sleep, and still be as cheerful as if she got two days of sleep. I got on some slippers, and changed out of my clothes. I slept in my hunting clothes from the night before. I really wish I hadn't. Now my cape was all wrinkled, and it's a really hard thing to wash. Uggh... Whatever, I'll wash it by hand. I put on a house coat on top of all the other things; it was cold in the room. That must be why Sorina put a blanket on me... I must've looked cold.
 
I thought over what happened the previous night... Or rather, what happened earlier this morning. Just kinda meditated on it. I paced the room, and finally decided to go through the door that led to the living room on the other side. But I had suddenly gotten this overpowering... Feeling that knocked me thoughtlessly to the ground. It was as if a huge wave had washed over me. Except it was a wave from the spiritual level. I had to regain my sense of sight and hearing, for the wave had taken those when it came. I was still under the water of the wave, but I could feel it receding... I just hoped I wouldn't drown. And as quickly as it came, it was gone... But to be careful, I held on to something for a minute or so. What in the world was that? It was some type of... aura... that was like water. Hmm... Well, I knew that Sorina's aura was a bit airy, and she has mentioned about mine being like fire, so maybe... I shook my head... How could Kyle have produced such a powerful aura to knock me down??
 
I got myself together, and walked out the door. I noticed that Sorina was at the table that was in the small kitchen area, sitting, with her back as straight as possible, and her eyes looking forward with such a weird look, and so hollow of a look, that when I waved my hand in front of her, she didn't notice it... Maybe she couldn't. Did she feel that paralyzing wave too? She came to about thirty seconds after, and asked me where I had come from.
 
"I was here for a minute or so... You were just staring so blankly at that beautiful wall of ours. Is it really that captivating?" I messed with her, though she was still a bit disorientated. She shook her head a couple of times, and put her head on the heels of her hands, resting her temples on them, so that she was staring at the table now.
 
"What exactly just happened?" She asked, bewildered. I shook my head and said I wasn't sure.
 
"Where's Kyle?" I asked. Maybe he could answer a simple question for me. Sorina pointed to my room. I assumed he hasn't woken up yet. I walked to my door and tapped lightly on it. No answer. I tapped a bit harder, maybe he didn't hear me... Still no answer... I opened the door, and I saw him sleeping soundly on the futon set out for him. Nothing in the room seemed to be phased by the tidal wave of feeling. Except for a box of mine. Inside, I had a few different types of items, but it also had my necklace that I've had for as long as I can remember. It had a crescent moon on it, and it had a beautiful blue glow to it. But it was old, and getting a bit fragile, so I didn't wear it anymore, but the box had been knocked to the floor from my bed stand, and the contents strewn about. My necklace the farthest from its previous home. It looked as if it was drawn to the futon... Uggh... Why? And why was it glowing more than normal... I really don't want to admit it, but I think Kyle is from the spirit world... Not a vampire, but there were other mystical beings... Right? I don't know much about it, but surely there are more than just vampires among the humans... Maybe...
 
I left Kyle to sleep peacefully, and left the room without a sound. I'll pick up my stuff once he gets up.
 
Sorina wasn't at the table anymore. She was standing right outside the room. She looked a bit cold, and I offered her my coat, but she refused. Said she wasn't cold. All I did was shrug. We went into the small living room area. "Are there other things than vampires that live among the mortals?" I asked her, but she wasn't sure either. We contemplated about if Kyle was one of the beings or, maybe even a vampire, but that idea was quickly shooed away. He didn't fit the mold one bit. But he did seem to have some inhuman powers. The power of implying, with utmost precision, and the ability to trust those who he didn't know. And his aura... It was mystifying. We did, however, conclude that, that weird wave thing was just a fluke. Flukes happen sometimes, right? That's why they're called flukes. I guess. It was a good enough explanation.
 
Finally, Kyle awoke and walked out into the kitchen area which was connected to my room. He stretched and yawned. I just realized then how scrawny he really was. I mean, he had this shirt on this morning that was a bit too big for him apparently, because, now that he didn't have one on at all, there was no way that that was his shirt size. He was this scrawny little thing with even messier hair than before, and it seemed lighter now... Duh, it was light out now. Dee dee dee, score one for me.
 
I was sitting on the reclining chair in an odd position. Laying down accross it, with my feet hanging over one arm, and my back resting on the other arm. I was simply watching the TV, and Sorina was sitting with her legs up on the small loveseat that we had. We couldn't fit a large couch... Whaaa... She had her legs to one side of her, and one knee up. She was watching the TV too, but suddenly moved her legs down, and called to Kyle, "Come here. We gotta ask questions now."
 
Kyle was caught a little off guard. Apparently he had forgotten that he was staying at someone else's place. He spun around to face us in the living room. Idiot...
 
He went back into my room (quickly, might I add) and donned his shirt from the morning. Obviously not noticing he didn't have pants on, he didn't even bother to put some on. He had these horrid striped blue, white and gray boxers on, and if it hadn't have been for Sorina laughing, he would have come out to the living room with just them on, and no pants. He was pretty flushed at this point, and went back and put the pair of pants he had on early that morning. He was silent on coming out of my room for the third time, and sat on the loveseat next to Sorina.
 
"How 'bout this. We all forget what happened just now." Sorina stared at me intently, and gave me a message 'we don't need him feeling really insecure right now. We want answers, right?'
 
I nodded, and so did he. We just agreed on something... I don't think I'll forgive myself.
 
I sat impatiently waiting for someone to start the interrogation, and when I saw that no one was, I caught him staring again. Oh, my God, I wanted to punch him right there and now. Sorina felt the tense air, and decided to break the silence, to prevent violence.
 
"Umm... Kyle, how long have you been able to tell things about people without them telling you? I mean, like, were you able to do this since you were born?" This was going to turn out more like an interview than anything, wasn't it?
 
"I dunno. I guess I've always been able to do that, but not as well as I've been getting recently. Lately it's almost as if... No never mind... That wouldn't make sense..." Kyle was being really cautious now. For some reason.
 
"No, Kyle, this isn't the time to be guessing if things make sense or not. I mean, does us being vampires make sense?" Sorina was now forcing him to come out of his comfort zone. Why wasn't she just reading his mind...? I'm sure whatever he was about to say is in there somewhere.
 
"Vampresses..." I corrected her quietly. She gave me a look I wish I'd never seen in my life. One that I never would've imagined coming from her. It was cold and unwanting. Almost hateful. And I would've thought it was hateful if she didn't send me a message (telepathically, of course) that she was just getting annoyed at my attitude. She told me to sit there and be pretty.
 
Wow... Karma's a bitch...
 
~|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|~
 
Chaptah 3 has been rewritten!! Yesss!! Chapter four comes next!!