Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Two Souls ❯ "Mystery Man" Unveiled ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Mystery Man" PoV. Ch 2. Again, I own all characters in this chapter, and the story line, thank you very much! -nods- Enjoy!!
 
 
~|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|~
 
Mystery Man Unveiled
 
I just went to the grocery store at three in the morning to pick up my lazy-ass room mate's soda and other sugary delights. I don't like him much... But what can you do? I can't afford to live on my own. I can barely afford to live here. I'm not one of the nicest people in the world ... Far from it in fact, or so people think. I've got a bit of a criminal record building up... I'm only 18, and already, I've gotten accused of thievery. Guilty. Accused for sexual harassment. Guilty. Breaking and entering. Guilty. Punching out my mother. Guilty. Well, I'm only guilty for the punching thing, and I'm proud to admit that. She was doing drugs, and was about to take her youngest son (about 9 months at that point) to a bad part of town to buy more, but I told her I wouldn't allow her. I blocked the door, and she was trying to shove past, but I'm too strong for her. She took her son by one leg, and held him upside down, telling me that if I let her past, she would let me take him. If I didn't let her past, she would hold that defenseless child upside down a longer, and probably threaten to let him drop. So what was I to do? I knocked her out with one punch. I don't want her to do drugs, and I don't want her to kill a child, so that was a last resort. And about the other accusations... I was framed for all three of them. By my ex. And man, she was a whore. Thought that if I wasn't with her, then I shouldn't be with anyone. That I should be in jail. But it never went that far. She framed me for a couple of things, and found a man that was a bigger whore than she was. A match made in heaven, for those who reside in a living hell. I feel really sorry for them though. They already have 2 kids, a third on the way, and I highly doubt that they're all his.
 
Anyways! Back to the story.
 
I was at the grocery store, mostly to get away from my room mate. Yeah, I was desperate. I went in, thinking about the best place to stash your own body, when you commit suicide... I wasn't taking myself seriously, but, you know, just thinking about it. Who doesn't sometime in their life?
 
I walked up and down every aisle just to waste my time. I grabbed a twelve pack of soda, some cookies, a donut, and the norm. I even sat and read a couple articles from a magazine I don't like. I said I was desperate, right? I looked at my watch, to see how much time I blew. It amounted to about an hour. So, I wasted an hour of time, and managed to pick up only five items. Wow! I'm good!!
 
I went to the register, and went through the paying process. The cashier joked with me, about my being in the store for so long, but buying almost nothing. I just went along with it so I wouldn't look rude. She was a nice woman. Probably mid-thirties. She had been through a lot in her life. You could tell from her eyes. They were weathered, probably for crying on nights of being alone, or without comfort. She was still going through some hard times. The way she looked at you, trying to say "Please, I hope your life doesn't end up like mine."
 
"Have a good night, and I'm sure you'll get through whatever it is you're going through. I can tell. Just keep your spirits high." I said as I walked to the left, where the doors were located. She was just staring; I could feel her eyes on my back. She was wondering how I knew that. I was wondering how I knew that. One in the same. I walked to the automatic doors and saw this nice looking girl coming in the door next to mine. She had short blonde hair in pigtails, and a nice white jacket on. But I must've had something on my face, because she bowed her head down, to break eye contact (that wasn't there in the first place), but I let it pass as just a gesture, thinking I'm some weirdo pervert out stalking at night.
 
I walked towards my red Saturn. Damn that thing is ugly. But, like I said before, I can't afford luxuries. A blue Yaris was parked next to mine, and I gazed in. There was a young girl sleeping, leaning on the window. She had black and red hair, but you could barely tell, because of the lighting and the tinted window. I put my bag of groceries and twelve pack of sodas in the back seat of my car, and looked back at the girl in the car. She seemed... Different... In spirit... Like the woman in the store, and now that I mention it, the young woman that was walking into the store. I stood there staring, thinking about why they all felt different, that I didn't even notice when the girl inside the car woke up, and stared back at me, with hatred in her eyes. Apparently, I was staring in a wrong way. Apparently, staring was bad.
 
She unlocked the car door and got out. She was very pretty, and definintely mature looking for her age. She looked like she had been through a lot, but her body said that she was younger, even, than me. I didn't want anything to start, unless it was a friendship, at this point, but she was pretty cranky. Maybe she hadn't gotten much sleep for a while.
 
"You little pervert!! Why were you staring at me WHILE I WAS SLEEPING like that???" She started to yell at me. "What were you thinking?? What is wrong with you!!??" I didn't say anything back. I couldn't. Not to a face like that. I just stood there. Probably looking pretty dumb at this point. She was making me back up, in the direction of the street. She shoved me and yelled "Say something back, coward!" I stood there, and heard bags drop in the direction of the store. There was that young lady that was going in when I came out. She was running towards us.
 
She flung herself onto the girl with black and red hair and screamed, "What are you doing!?! Don't mess with people like this at this time of night!!!" Obviously, they had forgotten I'm even there. "Why are you bullying him?" She said in a softer tone.
 
"He was looking in the window when I was asleep!! He's a weird freak!! He hasn't even said A WORD yet, be it a 'sorry' or otherwise!!" She was settling down, too, once the blonde haired girl was here. She stared at me with odd colored eyes. They were almost like a purple... In a blue type of way. Indigo? Is that the name for it? Well, whatever, colors didn't matter at this point. The blonde-haired, indigo-eyed girl stared at me. That's when I realized she was expecting me to say something.
 
I choked out, "I'm sorry... I was just... I'm not a pervert, if that's what you think. You were just kind of… different. You both are... You just looked so peaceful sleeping..." and I broke off. Did I really just say that out loud? Now they're really gonna think I'm some weirdo.
 
They looked from me, to one another, as if they were talking, without making a sound. I could tell by their faces that it was about me, and how I called them different. Maybe they took it the wrong way. "When I said different, I didn't mean it physically, or whatever... You just felt different..." Maybe they had thought that what I meant by "you're different" was "you are different, you retard" or some mental handicap, or whatever.
 
They just continued staring at each other. As if I hadn't even said anything. Maybe they hadn't heard anything... The way they were staring so intently at each other, I wouldn't doubt it.
 
"Umm... can you come with us please?" The blonde one said. Now it was my turn to call them weird freaks. I wasn't planning on scoring tonight/this morning. I just looked at them with a questioning face. They looked at me, waiting for an answer. I nodded slightly.
 
"Just let me get my stuff really quick." Hey, I could get away from my room mate, and learn more about these different girls. And what better to do than eat sweets while you do it? I opened my car door and grabbed the grocery bag. I hope my car won't be bothered in my absence... Actually, I DO hope it will be. Then I could get my insurance to pay for a new one...
 
The girls had their car full of things. The back seat was crowded with clothing and random items. They moved the clothes into the trunk, so that I could fit in the back. It was a nice car... I wish I had one. And it gets a lot of mileage, too, so it's cheaper on gas... God help me. These two random girls invite me to wherever the hell we're going, they could be kidnapping me, and planning on murdering me, but all I think about is how great on gas the car that they're kidnapping me in is. But somehow, I knew that I could trust them. They don't seem like the kind of people to do that. They get inside the car, and I realize that since I'm sitting on the driver's side, I have a perfect look at the younger one.
 
"Can I ask your names, ladies? I'm not all that comfortable driving away with people I just met in a parking lot, and not even knowing their names." I said as kindly as I could.
 
"And I don't feel comfortable with weirdoes staring at me through a window in a parking lot..." The one with black hair said with an attitude, looking out her window, and crossing her arms.
 
I was about to apologize again, when the older one said, "I'm sorry for her behavior. She just has been taught never to trust men, that's all. My name is Sorina, and she is Luneta." Sorina and Luneta... I knew a bit of Latin, and I'm pretty sure that meant 'sun and moon'. You're telling me. They're just like the sun and moon. So different, but you can tell that they wouldn't be able to exist without the other.
 
"My name is Kyle... I'm sure you'd like to know the name of your kidnapee." Whoops... Again, one of my thoughts that needed to stay in my head that didn't...
 
"We're not kidnapping you! You said that you'd come with us! If we had forced you to come, then you could call us kidnappers!! But, since in this instance, you obliged without complaint, you are responsible for your own actions." Damn, Luneta sure had a bit of an attitude... Or was it just me? I bet I'm the thing that pissed her off.
 
"Trust me, she's like this every time we go on an all night hun--" and Sorina cut off from that. What was she talking about? What she about to say hunt? Who hunts in the dead night? Luneta was staring at Sorina with the biggest eyes I have ever seen. Sorina was very flushed now...
 
"Umm er... uh..." Sorina was trying to say something without really saying it... I just looked at her and Luneta with a questioning face.
 
"Just spill it... That's why we're taking him back, anyway, isn't it? To find out more... And then, if need be, I can wipe his mind, and he can start out with a completely clean slate." Luneta really wasn't one for being patient.
 
"I guess... But I was trying to get him to a place where he might be in more of a comfortable position. I mean, it's not something that people would believe." Sorina was contemplating if she should really tell me or not. Luneta decided that I should be told, and carried on with Sorina's previous sentence.
 
"I'm always really bitchy after an all night's hunt. That's right. Every so often, Sorina and I go hunting for poor unsuspecting people, just waiting to give us their blood. We hunt people for their blood. We're vampires." Luneta was looking at me with one of the most sincere, yet hateful looks I have ever gotten. It was hard to believe what she just said, but I just knew that I could trust what they said. I just knew that they were vampires.
 
But then...
 
Do they want me to join their legion of the undead!??
 
"No, you naive fool, we don't. Just forget everything that you've ever heard about vampires, and then it'll be way easier to understand this, m'kay?" Sorina said nonchalantly. She certainly thought lowly of me...
 
"How did you know that's what I was thinking?" I asked, but then, as I did, I answered my own question. No effing duh. She could read minds. It was written all over her profile. If they're vampires, I'm sure they can do more useful things than just sucking blood... I mean, that would totally suck if you could just suck blood, and had no powers... What would the point be? "Well, what else can you do? Being vampires, you must be able to do stuff. Obviously Sorina can read minds... But what else can you do?" The two just looked head on into the traffic. No answer. Maybe they didn't trust me... Yeah, that must be it. But then, why are they taking me wherever we were going?
 
What exactly were they planning on doing once we arrived at our destination?
 
"Just sit there and be pretty, Kyle." Luneta said the first unhateful remark to me. My night was looking up!
 
~|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|~
 
Chapter two is done being re-typed! Score for that!
 
Review please?
 
-salutes- Good night soldier!