Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Trip Worth Taking ❯ How it all Began ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1. How it all Began
 
“Damn it… MOM! I NEED ANOTHER BAG!” A young girl screamed from her room on a two-story house. Packing clothes into the bag before her, fast and furiously. Her dark chocolate brown hair hanging over her left shoulder from the ponytail at the top of her head. Her hazel eye's glistening with panic and frustration. Multiple other bags stacked around her, almost fully encasing her from the door
 
“Must you yell so loudly? I'm only next door to you. Goodness.” Her mother said stepping into her daughter's room. Trying to look over the mountain that was the entire luggage blocking her view of her perfect copy at that age. “Renae Tulsa, how many bags do you need?”

“At least one more bag, I mean I will be gone for six months.” Renae said, looking down at her hands. Clutching her bag tightly. Feeling a little upset, both because her mother won't just give the stupid bag so she could finish packing, and because she would be leaving the house for such a long period of time.
 
Renae's mother looked with sadness in her eyes and leaned against the doorway, arms crossed at her chest and ankles crossed.
 
“Renae, I told you that you could go to Japan, and see your pen pal. But I also told you that you don't have to go, if you don't want to. This is your choice. And I think that this trip will be good for you.”
 
~Flash back~
 
It was late October, Halloween night had just ended and Renae was home alone a waiting the new month. Her mother was at a party out of town and wouldn't be back till late the next day. And her brothers were at friends.
 
Nick, being down the street with his friends, at the age of seven, it was hard to get him to go.
 
And Tony, age thirteen, had no problem going out. He was either trick or treating, throwing toilet paper at someone's house or whatever he did. Oh well, as long as she didn't get a call from the police and as long as he came home in one piece she didn't care.
 
Though, Tony was a very responsible boy and wouldn't do something so stupid like his friends would, he checked in every hour or so, by texting of course, as long as she knew where he was. Just recently he told her that he was staying at a friends place for the night
 
Renae, well she had nothing left to do. She was supposed to give out candy to the local children, well ya that's what she did. But, it just seems that they get less and less kids in the area every year. So she ended up eating a few pieces, `Sew me.' Was the comment she gave every year when her mom asked about the candy. It had to go some where, and if it weren't going in kids buckets of pillow cases, then ya she'll eat them. End of story.
 
Renae looked over to the door from her place by the TV, which was right across the hall from where she was, and dropped her gaze to the somewhat full bowl of candy.
 
She sighed and stood from the couch. Stretching slightly and walking to the door. Well there weren't going to be anyone else at this hour so she pulled back the curtain that hung over the glass. Looking as far as her sight would allow her, before opening the door to remove any unnecessary things that hung in the yard that was meant for the night. Taking down any ghouls or goblins or ghosts that hung in the low branches of the trees and bushes.
 
Returning to the steps with her arms full, she turned slightly to look one last time and walked inside. Turning off the light to the porch.
 
Setting the things on the table by the kitchen door and walking over to the couch once more. Not to sit once more, but to grab the remote and shut off the TV, seeing nothing good on at all.
 
Renae walked to her room upstairs and sat on the bed pulling her laptop on to it with her, turning it on.
 
Allowing it a moment or two to boot. She quickly typed in her password that she always changed, for security purposes. Once her window was loaded, she went to her messages and went through it.
 
`Hmmm, lets see. Junk, junk junk, catalogs, mags, more junk, book orders, shopping lists, protection plans, damn it more junk, email from Hana… Hana?' She went through it all and stopped at Hana's. Opening the letter and listening to the jingle Hana downloaded every time someone opened the mail she sent. A short version of one of her favorite songs, Every Heart by BoA, if Renae could remember right.
 
Dear Renae,
Well, you're probably enjoying your night alone. I wish I could, but my parents are planning a lot of things at home. although it's not all that bad. Any way the reason I'm typing so late is because we have been chatting for a year and a half now and well, now my parents think it's time for you to come here and meet the family. Considering all the messages that we send to each other, it may be a good, if not better way to get to know each other. Through our families. I thought it was a good idea, and I've always wanted to meet your family face to face. And get this, my parents ain't the only one's who are dying to meet you, but both my brother and my sister. If you want to do this then the flight and all the info we have downloaded to you, it's not reserved yet, but is on hold and you have till next week before the holding is expired and is passed on to another person. We really hope you come. =) (=
 
Hana
 
Well Renae was surprised to say the least. She had never left home, let alone the country. She looked for the attachment Hana was talking about. Going through the information, she realized that the trip was a six-month thing. Away from home, her family and friends for six months?
 
She couldn't breath. Hana told her that her family was so sweet, though Yuki, her older brother, could be a pain. And her older sister, Kyoko, could be nosy, though she doesn't live in the house, and is married, so it wouldn't be a problem.
 
She had informed her mom the day she got home, and if her father still lived with them, she didn't think he'd let her go, her mother allowed it. Well, then the information was confirmed and everything was set.
 
The flight was the fifth of January. During the time that their schools were still on break. This would be a trip Renae would find totally worth.
 
~End flashback~
 
And now her she was sitting early in the afternoon in her room surrounded by bags and clothes, close to ready, but not quite done. With only a few hours before the flight.

Renae looked up at her mom, “Everything is taken care of at school right?”

”Yes, I found a replacement for me. She's my lieutenant, and know's the ropes. She'll keep everything and everyone on track. And help Hana, when she arrives” Renae said, bringing her face back to the stack of clothes that had failed to make into the reddish bag in front of her. Narrowing her eyes in even more frustration. Realizing that she still has a lot to put away before her exodus.
 
The pitter-patter of small feet could be heard, as a little boy ran right passed Mrs. Tulsa.
 
“Nick!” She yelled as the boy with the same colored hair as Renae, stopped in his tracks at the staircase. His hand on the cold black metal railing at the staircase.
 
“Yes mom?” He asked
 
“Fetch my bag from my room from under my bed. Please?” She asked.
 
Nick nodded his head and walked into his mother's room. Only to come out a minute later with the bag she had asked and gave it to her.
 
She tossed the bag within Renae's reach. Renae only looked at it, but slowly reached for it.
 
“Finish packing, your flight is in a few hours and we need to be there an hour early. Not only that but we have to be there when Hana gets there.” With that said, she left. Her footsteps could be heard descending down the stairs, onto the hardwood mahogany floors.
 
Renae remained on her soft cream-colored carpet. Suddenly her back pocket of her dark blue demy capri's started to vibrate.
 
“Huh? It must be Kali or Amanda.” She said as she pulled out her cell phone and looked at the caller ID on the front.
 
`Well I was right.” She smiled as the ID read Kali.
 
“Oi, Hey Kali.”
 
`Oh thank god I got a hold of you when I did. Have you left for the airport yet?' Kali's voice rang on the other side of the phone.
 
`Ya are you still here?' Another female voice rang right next to Kali's. And who would have thought that Amanda was there with her.
 
“Heh, no not yet, I'm still here. But I'm supposed to head down to the airport an hour early to check in and whatnot.” She said as she stuck her phone between her shoulder and her ear, while she continued her packing in the last bag.
 
`You really don't have to go.'
 
`Ya why not stay home? Huh? Do we bore you now?'
 
Sounded like a bunch of children who didn't want their mom to go on a trip.
 
“Who the hell are you two, and what have you done to my two squad captains.” She said with sarcasm, knowing very well that these two are a lot stronger than they deemed.
 
Kali may be a ditsy blonde sometimes but she has the strength and cunningness to impress any one.
 
And Amanda, was the `to herself girl', who always seemed to never give a damn except for what is really important or what's ahead. Which includes the protection of her friends and family. Considering the area they live in.
 
With them and eight others, they formed a powerful team that protected the area and school that they attended from other schools and people on the streets.
 
Renae being one of the best head captains their school ever had.
 
`They're here, but crying their asses off that your leaving.'

Sniffling could be heard but it was hard to differentiate whose tears were falling.
 
“Come on girls this ain't fair to me, you're gonna make me cry.” Renae replied, feeling the tears that she did not dare to fall. Even she was stronger than that.
 
`Sorry, we're just gonna miss you.' They said in unison.
 
“Renae, come on. We promised to stop by your aunts before going.” Her mother called from downstairs.
 
“Kay'. I'll be down in a minute.” She yelled, putting her phone to her chest as she said it, only to bring it back as she said, “ Sorry guy's gotta go, but I promise to call you the minute I get to Japan.”
 
`You better.' They said before the phone dial clicked. Renae hung up her phone, and set it back in her back pocket.
 
She went to all locks around her room. Diary was hidden, safe within the folds of the clothes in her dresser, closet was locked, laptop was locked in so many ways, and no one would be able to get in without her help, placed in her carryon.
 
Renae walked out of her room, locking the door before closing it. Keeping the key close on her person at all times on the small chain around her neck.
 
Nick and Mrs. Tulsa brought down all her luggage during her phone conversation. She only worried about the newly packed one as she rolled it on the wheels. Picking it up by the handle when she reached the stairs.
 
Her mother and brother waited for her at the bottom of the staircase, “Come on your aunt said that she had lunch ready, and she wants you to be there before you go.”

”I'm here, I'm here, geez.” Renae replied with her eyes closed as she waved her hand in defense at her mom.

Renae set the bag on the floor as she followed her mom and brother to the car. Their 03' Tahoe was full with all her luggage, packed and ready to go. One bag left and they'd be ready for the plane.
 
She sat in the passenger seat next to her mother, while Nick sat behind her, holding onto her carry on bag. Had he not he would have sat on it.
 
Renae watched as her mom put the keys in the ignition and started the car. Putting the car in reverse and backing out slowly. Stopping for a minute, “Damn it those people, I hate it when they park on the street like that.” She mumbled to herself as she continued to back out. Being very careful not to hit the car behind them.
 
Finally getting clear she shifted the car to drive and drove out of the court. A good ten-minute drive was all it took before they reached a very extravagant house with a large yard.
 
Stepping out of the car and onto the rock-strewn driveway, it had been years since she had been here. Nevertheless nothing has changed. Renae saw the tire swing that hung in the highest tree in the large yard that she, her brother, Tony, and her eldest cousin used to play on when they were small. Though, she hasn't spoke with him, in years. He was practically eleven years older than she was. Twenty-seven this year was her thought.
 
Renae sulked a bit, and slammed the door of the car harder than she expected.
 
“Renae please be careful with the doors. I just had those windows replaced from the last time.” Mrs. Tulsa yelled from the door.
 
Mrs. Tulsa saw her in a dazed look; she knew what Renae was thinking of.
 
Renae only cocked her head in her mothers direction yet never looked at her or acknowledged her. Watching her step with such lead in her shoes, like she was weighed back, Mrs. Tulsa couldn't blame her, ever since that day, Renae hated coming here. She may have been eight, but to her the memory was still fresh.
 
Renae walked up the steps, feeling the slight climate change in the area against her slender yet strong legs, still clothed in capri's.
 
The sad look that was on her face quickly changed when her aunt came out. Her expression changing from one of deep thought, one that wishes not to be disturbed. To that that could light up anyone's day.
 
“AHHH. There's my girl. All set for her adventure.” She said voice mixed with happiness and sadness. Coming down the steps and running to Renae. She had learned to hold her ground whenever she came to give her a hug. Strangely for a skinny woman she can knock you down pretty hard.
 
“Oi, Aunty Tam. You look well.” Renae said as her aunt squeezed the living daylights out of her.
 
“Your strength has undoubtedly grown, last I saw you, you turned blue every time I hugged you.” Tam said, as she pulled back from her niece. A beauty indeed was her thought.
 
“Well, what are we all standing out here for? We got lunch inside, and then we got to get you to the airport.”
 
Renae nodded her head and followed everyone inside. Stopping on the top step and letting her brother pass her through the screen door. She held the door by the smooth white painted wood, and looked back at the yard seeing how empty it was now. She remembered how much fun life used to be when her cousin gave a damn about the family.
 
She closed her eyes and reopened them to look inside. Releasing the door as she walked through and taking her seat between Tam, and her mom. Her uncle coming out of the kitchen with a tall plate of sandwiches in one hand and peanut butter cookies on another plate.
 
Peanut butter cookies were Renae's favorites. Exactly why they were made. Once the plates hit the table Renae reached for the cookies wanting the first hot one.

”You must be pretty excited bout this, huh?” Her uncle asked.
 
“Yes uncle. I am. Yet somewhat scared.” Renae replied with her mouth full with cookies. Looking down at the sandwich that was presented to her. Taking a bite out of it, savoring the taste of the toasted bread, with butter spread on one side, lettuce, and ham.

Mrs. Tulsa looking up at the clock, half past noon. Her flight leaving at half past two. So that gives them at least a half an hour to talk.
 
“Well that's to be expected of. Even the bravest of warriors have a hard time leaving home.” He said, putting a smile on Renae's face.
 
Her mother said something that she did not think of saying, but has had enough of avoiding her sister cause of it, “So where is Roderick today?”

The minute her mother said that damn name Renae was up and out, throwing her sandwich back down on her plate, stomping out of the room. Not caring where that bastard was. Her footsteps could be heard even after she walked out side.
 
Tam stared as she watched her leave, “She's still hurt about it, isn't she?” She asked her sister as she took a sip of her tea.
 
Tam sighed and continued, “I don't blame her. After what he said, and the way he treated her.” She sighed again, “He's not here. He knew you were coming and left an hour ago. I told him to stay and make amen's with her, but he refused. I think he went home.”
 
“She's always acted so tuff and yet the slightest mark about him she falls or pretends not to notice. I mean she built a wall around her heart, and hardened because of him. They used to be so close.” Mrs. Tulsa said to her sister.
 
“Amy, I don't know why he said that to her, and yes I agree it was irrational to say to an eight year old. But she's going to be seventeen soon, and I for one think this has gone on long enough.” Tam said.
 
“I don't know what to do.” Amy Tulsa had always been worried about her daughter's hot temper. But when her cousin's name was mention, it just added more rage to the flame. It always intensified. Though Renae only thanked him for one thing, had it not been for him, her strength would not have grown. And she never would have realized her true potential. Nor would any one else.
 
“Mom, how come sis hates Roderick so much?” Nick asked tugging on her mom's sleeve of her bluish blouse.
 
“Don't worry about it, honey.” Amy replied to her son, not really wanting to tell the story, here in the house where it started. Looking down at her hands in her lap.
 
“Give her time. Eventually she will come to see this very pointless.” Tam's husband said.
 
Amy nodded and looked at the clock once more, “Goodness, we should be going now. Renae's flight will be leaving soon. And we have to get Hana.”
 
~Outside~

Renae walked across the field, picking up a very thick stick as she went along. Coming to the tree, she yelled in rage and smacked the stick as hard as she could, causing it to break into two large portions and smaller pieces around it. Anger filled her eyes to the brim.
 
`No way in hell do I ever want to see that bastard. Let me be in the bottom pits of hell if I ever do.' She thought to herself, replaying the memory in her mind.
 
“Man where are you when I need you Emily.” She said as she put her head against the abused bark, silently apologizing to it. Staring up at the branches and its leaves. It wasn't as full as it had years ago. Remembering everything that has happened in this yard over the years.
 
How much had her hatred grown over the years? She looked down, and over at the tire swing. She allowed her hand to slide over the dirty black rubbery material as she walked over to it. Smiling slightly as she sat down within the large circle in the middle.
 
Swinging back and forth, letting the flow of the tire take her away. She lifted her feet and allowed them to dangle above the ground, allowing the tire to swing on its own.
 
In the distance she could hear the screen door open and slam, looking back slightly, she saw that everyone was standing outside. Renae stood up and walked over to them and apologized for her actions, hugged her aunt, who gave her the sandwich she failed to finish and a couple cookies in a bag, and uncle goodbye and followed her mother and brother to the car.
 
The airport was at least a twenty-minute drive. In this small town, everything is in close range.
 
Amy was surprised to see how quiet her daughter was acting, was she worried about the flight? Possibly. Was she still thinking about the past? Undoubtedly yes.
 
But, just like her brother in law said, just give her time, she'll be fine soon.
 
The airport was not so crowded, which is a good thing. Amy was capable of getting Renae checked in and her luggage in on time.
 
She could have sworn that they'd be late. But things were going smoothly. And now they waited for Hana's flight
 
The intercom spoke up at one thirty, “Attention, attention. The flight from Japan, to West town has arrived. Thank you.”

”Well that's her flight. Lets go.” Renae said standing with her head held high, walking down the corridors to the gate and waited for her.
 
She didn't know what she looked like and her pictures constantly changed. But going by description, she had black hair and was skinny. A tomboyish approach is what she considered herself to have. But still had a girls flare, as if saying `Ya I'm a girl that like's to wear boy clothes' unlike one of Tony's old friends who dressed completely like a boy, hating her woman subsistence.
 
Waiting patiently, she watched all the people pass her.
 
`All the faces look alike, how the hell am I supposed to find her in all this?' She asked herself.
 
Just then a girl, no older than her age stood out of the crowd. Her short straight black hair didn't pass her shoulders. A pink French hat that sat on her head, a black tank top that showed her curves, and dark camo pants that hung tightly at her hips and bagged the rest of the way down. One thing that Renae remembered Hana mentioning about her and her family was that they all possessed violet eye's. No mistake about it that was definitely her. She didn't look full Japanese, but part American. Her eyes were not slit-like like most others do, but were big and wide; her violet color was easily seen.
 
“Hana?” The moment that name rang through the air and reached the girls ear, she looked Renae's way.
 
“Renae?” She looked back at her.
 
Renae smiled and Hana dropped her stuff close by and ran to Renae. Happy that she was finally meeting her pen pal at long last. Hugging her with whatever power she possessed.
 
“Oh my god, it is so good to finally meet you face to face. How was your flight?” Renae asked pulling back to see Hana's face.
 
“Oh let me tell you that that was one of the longest trips I have ever taken. I think my butt fell asleep.” Hana responded, as she turned and rubbed her backside. Which earned a laugh from Renae.
 
Hana tried to wrap her arm around her friends shoulder, sadly failing due to Renae's height, so she stuck with wrapping around her waist, as Renae did around the shoulders. Discussing small things like what to remember when we meet each other's family.
 
They walked over to Mrs. Tulsa and Nick. Hana bowed slightly, remembering her manners. And they bowed in return, feeling slightly awkward.
 
“It's so nice to meet you Hana. I believe your going to have a great time here.” Said Mrs. Tulsa.
 
“Its an honor to be here, Mrs. Tulsa san.” Hana replied.
 
Renae and her family were very familiar with the honorifics they used.
 
Hana smiled and walked over to the window, watching the planes takeoff and land and prepare for the next. She watched the people on the ground and in the cars in the flashy yellow and orange jackets.
 
“I live on the out skirts of Hokkaido, in a very small town past the airport. There are a lot of people here.” She said.
 
Renae came up and stood next to her, fiddling with her fingers behind her back. “There used to be a lot more people than this, many years ago.”

Hana's gaze came off the window and to Renae, “Really? What happened?”

Renae closed her eye's and thought for a moment, then spoke, “Many years ago, this town and the three near us, all used to be one city. But as time rolled on, and time would demand a new mayor, four brothers competed. They would do the worst to each other and deceive the people they were trying to get their votes from. The eldest would say that his brothers would destroy city and steal from them. The second oldest, would say that his brothers would kill all children, and make everyone work harder. The third eldest, well he deceived them, by stealing and framing his brothers. Stealing treasures from houses and putting them in other homes and some in his own brother's home. But the youngest always spoke the truth, but as fait would have it everyone already hated one another, brother pitted against brother, family against family. Eventually, the votes became a tie, and so, the people of the city deemed that it would be best that they separated into four towns. North, South, East, and us in the West. And because of that, the main high schools battle for territory. They have their main captain, his or her ten squad captains and their squad of ten. Every day, it's dangerous just to go outside.
 
But, rumor has it that since I became the new captain, the school hasn't seen such order. I mean, all fights have to be passed through me. Though my training is assertive, I give rewards to them with dances, talent shows and more activities than the years before me. Not only that, I have an alliance with the captains of the other main schools in the other territories.”

Hana nodded, the school she was supposed to attend she would have no problem, after all, knowing Tai chi, kendo, and other weapon mastery. That's why Renae assigned Kali and Amanda to help her out, as one of the stationery's.
 
Hana looked over her friend, noticing all the faded scars. Those that aren't noticeable from a distance, but easily seen this close. She frowned. Renae saw Hana's stare from the corner of her eye.
 
“These scars are the price I pay for the protection of my home.” She said startling her friend with her answer.
 
“How many battles have you been in?” Hana asked, slightly reaching for the scar on her neck, had it been fresh, she could easily die from lack of blood.
 
“Feh, too many to count. We still have people and students who will stray away from the rules, and I am responsible. Being in the position I'm in, I have to do what I can to make sure that the school and its students are safe.” She said as she crossed her arms across her chest. Her eyes glued to the window.
 
She sighed, “But, despite all the scars and pain that I've been through, “She tore her eyes from the window and looked at Hana, and smiled, “I wouldn't trade my life for the world.”

Hana's worried face softened a bit.
 
Then… silence.
 
“Attention everyone, attention. The flight from West town to Hokkaido Japan is now boarding. All passengers please head to the gate. Thank you.”

Renae looked around, “Well that's my call.”

”I'll walk you to the gate.” Hana said as she linked arms with Renae. Her mother and brother following close behind.
 
At the gate, the people were boarding. For a large plane; there weren't very many people here. Maybe ten or more, yet, no more than twenty though.
 
Renae took deep breaths, she could hear her heart beat pick up quickly, and she squeezed her hands.
 
She looked back at her mom and brother; really wishing her other brother was here as well. Yet she was appreciative for the love he poured on her the day before. Squeezing the living life out of her, and spending time with her.
 
`No crying now girl, come on. You're strong. Don't cry.' She told herself. Well, certain enough, Nick was crying. No surprise there.
 
Renae walked beck a bit and hugged her mom tightly. Making mental notes about her, her scent, her size, her hair and eye color. Creating a mental picture. One to never forget. And moving on to her brother, still crying and red in the face, the poor boy may actually cry himself to sleep, he's been known to do that. She kneeled down and scooped him up, thankful that he was still small enough to do this without breaking her back, and held him, allowing him to cry at that crook of her neck. Rubbing his back and bounced him gently in her arms.
 
Setting him down on his feet, she wiped the tears from his face and gave him a smile. “I'll be back before you know it, trust me.” She said. Smiling to her mother once more be turning her heels and walking to the gate next to Hana.
 
“Sorry this couldn't be longer. But I really do hope you enjoy your time here in our small town.” Renae said, almost with guilt.
 
Hana could only smile, “I'll be with your family, and you'll be with mine, I'll call you every occasional while to see how things are going.”
 
Renae nodded and hugged her, then picked up her carry on, which rest neglected at Hana's feet. Slipping the strap over her slim, yet strong shoulder, turning around with such grace, and walking into the gate with such confidence Hana had never seen in one person.
 
Amy, and Nick walked up behind Hana and waved goodbye to Renae as they watched her as she walked down the airline corridor. Renae could have sworn she saw a tear escape her mother's eye. That's rare.
 
She looked forward to the rest of the hallway, noticing how it slightly curves to the entranceway to the plane. Feeling cold air hit her skin on her legs. Now pleased that she wore sheathing. She slid her hands into her pockets in front of the pull over baby blue jacket.
 
Deeply breathing and stepping onto the door, looking at the folded covering around it. Strangely, it interested her a bit, before bringing her attention back to the woman in front of her. She bowed slightly and said `welcome' with such a cheery voice and a smile.

Renae, just smiled and returned the bow, and said thank you. The woman seemed interested. Her black hair wound tightly in a bun behind her head, held securely in place by a pair of decorative chopsticks.
 
“Is this your first time flying?” She asked. Her sapphire eye's gleaming with beauty. Never in Renae's life had she ever seen a deep shade like that, “Ya, how'd ya guess?”
She laughed a bit and said, “You're looking around as if you have no idea where you are or what you're doing.” She brought up her hand and in one graceful move she indicated where to go, “Enjoy your flight.”

Renae followed the rather large pathway where her ticket located, practically in the back. It was odd how there were not a lot of people boarding at all. Japan was supposed to be one of the most desired places to go. Maybe there were not very many people who did in her small town.
 
She finally found her seat by the window and set her bag down in the space bellow her seat. Taking out her music player, and setting her headphones on, she turned it on and went through her play list finally picking a song she liked, keeping the volume on low settings.
 
Not one of the rocker songs she would normally carry, but one of the peaceful symphonic songs that she had downloaded a few nights before.
 
A few minutes had passed and she heard the flight attendant say something, so she paused her music to listen, “Attention all passengers, we thank you for choosing United airlines as your passage to Japan today. We will be taking off shortly. For your safety, please turn off any electronics and place all belongings in a place where it will not shift during liftoff. Thank you for listening, and enjoy your flight.”

Renae did as she was told, and removed her headphones and set them back in her jacket pocket. Going into her back pocket she turned off her cell phone, and set it in the front pocket of her carryon. Curious of what's outside she looked out and saw the windows of the airport, and down the men were finishing the preparations, closing doors and backing the vehicles out of the planes way when it took off.
 
But, when her eye's landed on the windows of the airport again… there they were… her mother and brother and Hana. Waving her goodbye. Ya they saw her, and she waved back, and she saw her mother lip the words, `make us proud' and `be good and stay out of trouble'. That did it, Renae was officially crying.
 
That was when she heard a weird noise. The engines starting revving up, and it got really loud. Or maybe that was due to her sensitive hearing, one way or another she ended up covering her ears, trying to block out the loud nuisance. She could feel her eardrums beating and throbbing, and it hurt like hell.
 
They were moving and she didn't notice until they were in the sky and the noise finally died down to nothing. She exhaled the breath she had been holding and looked out the window. Seeing all the clouds that looked like you could just reach out and grab out of the sky. She had never seen something like this, so beautiful. Being as high up in the sky as they were.
 
“Attention passengers, it is now safe to turn on all electronics. The first movie on this flight will play shortly, and all lights will be dimmed. Please we hope you enjoy your flight today. Our arrival should be approximately be one in the morning in their time, so sit back and relax. Thank you”