Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 6, Chap. 35: Sweet Dreams ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sweet Dreams

-Dustin-

Hallie…

She's not that beautiful, but I like her. What was I thinking about Serena at that time? Oh… Hallie probably thinks I'm a two-timing son of a bitch.

I turned in my bed. Why did I do that? Serena's never coming back. You already let her go once, don't bring her back!

I frowned to myself. Now what do I do? Hallie won't talk to me now. She even walks off when I enter the room. Everyone knows something is wrong. I buried my head under my pillow. I've got nothing. My frustration carried me to sleep.

-Dreaming-

I always see how beautiful she is in my dreams. Hallie doesn't wear dresses or make-up. She would look in them, though. I can see her in a long tan skirt and light blue blouse. I want to take her out on another date. I would do it right this time. Hallie is the one I love. Serena and I are over.

On this date, I would meet up with Hallie. I have seen her smile before. It's a really nice smile. I love her laugh. Hallie's different, you know? She isn't interested in “girly” things. No make-up, dresses, Jpop, fingernails, celebrities, and gossip. Hallie's more interested in boxing and video games. To be honest, that's how our dates would go. I can't play, so I would just watch her play. Somehow, it's much more relaxing than hanging around Evie.

“I'm so sorry, Hallie,” I tell her in the plaza. She gives me an odd look.

“What are you talking about?” she asks. I gave her a nervous laugh.

“It's nothing,” I answer. “Ready to go?”

“Yeah, yeah,” she mumbles. We head into the arcade.

I want that dream date with her so much. But first, I have to make it up to her. I don't know how to do that yet. I feel that I have to. I don't want to lose another girl that I like. Right now, I can only enjoy this dream I am having now. Hallie is so pretty and happy here. I can't help but smile at her. I know what to do next on our date.

“Hallie,” I speak up.

“Yes?” she asks. I shuffle as I try to get the words to come out. I'm always nervous around her. However, today I will be different. I clench my fists.

“I—I—I like you so much, Hallie,” I finally spit out. Her cheeks turn a bright red.

“What!?” she shouted.

“I really like you!” I declare again. “So, please, be my girlfriend.” Her face is completely red.

“Shut up, you asshole!” she snaps. I lean in and kiss her. Amazingly, it calms her down as she kisses me back.

-End of Dream-

I want that dream to be real. There is something I must do first. I don't know how I'll do this, but it must happen if I don't want to lose Hallie too.

What if it's Wrong?