Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 7, Chap. 37: Pictures of You ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pictures of You

-Dustin-

I wanted to kick myself. What the actual hell? Why did I say that? I don't love Serena anymore! I love Hallie. I sigh as I flop back on the floor. What do I do? I frown in frustration. That's it! I can't take this lying down! I rise to my feet and walk out the door.

---------

I walk up to Hallie's apartment. My hearts pounds as I knock on the door. Maybe this isn't such a good idea. Too late when the door opens. Hallie looks up at me.

“What is it?” she asks. I nervously wave at her.

“Hi…” I mumble. Hallie slams the door in my face.

“Hallie, wait!” I shout.

“Go away!” she yells back.

“Please hear me out?”

“Why should I?”

“Please. I'm sorry!”

“Liar!”

“Just hear me out for five minutes, please? At least give me that!” I listen for anything on that other side of that door. Hallie snorts in response.

“Five minutes!” she shouts. I draw in a deep breath. Somehow, I don't know what to say.

“Serena…” I begin. “Was my ex.”

“So?” Hallie asks. I gulp as I try to force the words out my mouth.

“I had a crush on her,” I confess. “I wanted to take her to the air fields, but never got the chance.” A lump forms in my throat. “She moved away before I had the chance.” I clench my fists at the door.

“That's over now!” I say. “She's not coming back. I have you now!”

“What? I am just some replacement to you?” Hallie snaps.

“No!” I shout. “I don't love her anymore! I love you! I love you! I love you and only you!” I sink to my knees, shaking. I've done it. I confessed to her. Please don't reject me! Please don't reject! I look up when the door opens behind me. Hallie looks down at me, scowling.

“Shut up,” she says. Hallie sits beside me and leans her head on my shoulder. My cheeks turn red. Uh… okay…

Hell Yes!