Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 8, Chap. 44: Battle Begin ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Battles Begin

Day two brought the ugliness to sitting. Serena tried to one up Hallie every way. Her smile mocked her.

“Good morning, Hallie!” she greeted her with Dustin in the mornings. Hallie sneered, sweating under her breath. The southern belle giggled at her reaction. Poor Dustin looked like he wanted to run away. Hallie wasn't the only one not enjoying this.

“Hallie,” Heather said on one afternoon. The tomboy glared at the freshman.

“What?” she asked. Heather trembled at her tone. Hallie shook her head, sighing.

“I'm sorry, Heather,” she said. “What did you want?” Heather's eyes shifted left and right.

“Not here,” she whispered. She turned and headed down the hall. Hallie raised an eyebrow, following her.

They ended up in Heather's apartment. The younger girl walked into her kitchen.

“Can I be honest here?” she asked. Hallie narrowed her eyes at her.

“Sure…” she said. Heather pulled out her teapot.

“I really don't like Serena,” she confessed. Hallie jerked her head upwards.

“What?” she asked. Heather filled up her teapot with water.

“She's not a nice person,” she added in a low voice. “Serena seems fake to me.”

“You think?” Hallie asked, snorting.

“I mean it. Everyone sees it, even Dustin.”

Hallie's face to a rather surprised expression. “What?”

“Dustin knows that Serena's a fake.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes.”

Hallie leaned in with her eyes narrowed. “How can you tell?”

“I can read people at times,” the younger girl answered. Hallie rolled her eyes.

“You can read people too?” she asked.

“Yes, I can.”

Hallie dropped her head. Seriously? Not her too! Heather put her teapot on the stove.

“I mean it,” she said. Hallie lifted her head.

“Wha?” she asked. Heather turned to her with a serious look on her face.

“He's too nice, Hallie,” she said. “He's only staying to keep Serena happy, but he's not happy himself.” Hallie's eyes shifted left and right.

“Okay, say I believe you,” she said. “How do I get him back?”

“Tell him how you feel, I guess,” Heather said, shrugging.

“I already did that.”

“Then do it again.”

“Why?”

“Do you love him?”

Hallie's cheeks turned bright red. “Of course I do!”

“Then tell him again. You can do it! I believe in you!” Heather pumped her fist in the air. Hallie rolled her eyes, frowning. I think I'm going to hurl, she thought. Still to her surprise, the support for Hallie didn't stop there.

Please Enjoy