Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 8, Chap. 43: Catty War ( Chapter 43 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Catty War

Battle lines were being drawn. Hallie wanted to take back Dustin. Serena had the cowboy on a leash. Dustin did anything to make her happy. Lucky for him, his ex was easy to please. Watching them made Hallie want to vomit.

“I can't stand this shit anymore!” she complained. She buried her face in a pillow. Screaming again wouldn't help. She froze when she heard a knock on her door.

“What?” she asked.

“Are you okay?” Choko asked.

“No!” Hallie shouted under her pillow.

“May I come in?”

“Whatever.” She removed the pillow as the door opened. Choko gave her a sympathetic look. Her niece frowned.

“What do you want?” she asked. Choko leaned against the door frame.

“Do you want to talk about it?” she asked. Hallie buried her face under her pillow. Her aunt sat down beside her on the bed.

“You'll get him back,” she said. Hallie groaned under her pillow.

“I mean it,” Choko said. “He clearly doesn't love her.” Hallie moved the pillow from her face, staring.

“What?” she asked.

“I can read people in relationships,” her aunt explained. “He doesn't look too happy around her.”

“What do you mean?”

“He doesn't smile.”

“So?”

Choko leaned in close to her face. “Don't you see it? He loves you, but he is trapped. Hallie tilted her head.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yes,” her aunt insisted. “I'm not the only one who sees it.”

“Really?”

“Why don't you go ask around sometime?”

Hallie raised an eyebrow. “You sure?”

Choko shrugged her shoulders. “Doesn't hurt to ask, does it?”

---------

Hallie wouldn't take this lying down. Serena had to go. The tomboy marched up to Dustin's apartment. She drew in a breath and pounded on the door. As expected, Serena came and opened it.

“Yes?” she asked. Hallie put her hands on her hips.

“No!” she snapped. Serena raised an eyebrow.

“No?” the southern belle asked.

“I won't give up on Dustin!”

“And why is that?”

Hallie's face turn bright red. “Because… Because…” She clenched her fists at her sides. “I love him!”

Serena sighed. “Such a shame really. I refuse to lose to the likes of you!”

Her rival gritted her teeth. “What did you say?”

Serena tossed back her hair. “You heard me. You'll never have him.”

“You!”

“Anything else?”

Hallie flared her nostrils. “You are going down!”

“Aw, that's so cute,” the southern belle said. “Good luck with that. Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to cooking dinner for my boyfriend. Goodbye.” She slammed the door in Hallie's face. Her rival mashed her teeth.

“Fuck you, bitch!” she shouted. As she stormed back to her apartment, Hallie declared war in her mind.

Hell Yes