Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 7, Chap. 42: The Pink War ( Chapter 42 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Pink War

After an uncomfortable lunch, it started to get worse. Hallie was washing dishes when someone tapped her on the arm. The tomboy whipped around to see Serena smiling at her. Hallie wrinkled her nose.

“What do you want?” she asked. She could see the sprinkles bouncing off of her teeth.

“Can I speak with you for a minute?” she asked. Hallie raised an eyebrow at her.

“Why?” she asked. That Southern accent made her want to punch something or someone right now.

“This won't take too long, I promise,” Serena insisted. Hallie clenched her teeth.

“Then will you go away?” she asked forcing herself to stay pleasant.

“If that's what you want,” Serena said. Hallie threw the dishrag into the sink.

“Alright, what do you want?” she asked. Despite her bubbly demeanor, Serena didn't bother putting the subject in a delicate manner.

“Do you like Dustin?” she asked.

“Why?” Hallie asked.

“Oh come on,” the young belle said. “I can see it on your face.” Hallie drew her mouth closed. Serena flipped back her blonde pigtails.

“You should back off,” she said. Hallie gave her an odd look.

“What did you say?” she asked. She already wanted to strangle this Missy Piggy diva southern belle and now she felt that burning rage growing. Serena's giggling added insult to more injury.

“I am going to get back with Dustin before I return to Texas,” she announced. “And frankly, honey, I don't see you in the picture at all.”

“What's that supposed to mean?”

“I mean, what you have with Dustin doesn't exist. It's only supposed to be him and me.”

“Listen, I don't know who you think you are, but you can't just pop back in and try to steal Dustin away from me!”

Serena broke into laughter. “Steal him away from you? Don't make me laugh. You never had him in the first place!”

“He wasn't yours either!” Hallie could've sworn she saw a crack Serena's angelic façade. The other girl made herself smile.

“Doesn't matter,” she brushed off. “I always win. This will be different. You have a good day, sugar.” She turned and walked out of the kitchen. Hallie gritted her teeth. That… That… Pink little bitch! Hallie rang out the soapy dishrag in the sink. She doesn't know who she's dealing with. I'll fix her! Dustin will be mine! Her hands ached from ringing out the cloth. She panted, seeing red.

Forces of Evil in a Bozo Nightmare