Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 8, Chap. 47: Claws Out ( Chapter 47 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Claws Out

-Saturday Evening-

Hallie waited in front of the apartment building. She stretched her neck from side to side. The other residents watched from inside. The duel would begin in ten minutes. Hallie looked at her cell phone. Come on, Miss Piggy! Get your pink frilly ass out here! The tomboy clenched her teeth. I want to get this over with!

A classy laugh caught her attention. Hallie looked up to see Serena walking towards her. The tomboy put her hands on her hips.

“You're late!” she barked. Serena closed her parasol.

“No,” she said. “I'm fashionably late.” Hallie rolled her eyes.

“Whatever, let's just get this over with,” she said.

“Patience, dear,” the Southern belle said, putting aside her parasol. “I just got here.” She tossed back her blonde hair. “Now, what did you want to talk about?”

Hallie gritted her teeth. “Talk? Are you kidding me? I'm going to kick your ass!”

“Oh, language!”

“Don't you ever get tired of that shit?”

Serena tilted her head. “Excuse me?”

“You pretend to be all sweet and proper, but you're just fake, aren't you?”

“I don't know what you're talking about.”

The tomboy tried not to laugh. “Spare me your crap! We all know what you really are!” The other residents came out and stood with her. Serena looked at everyone with unease in her eyes.

“Uh… what is this?” she asked. Hallie folded her arms across her chest.

“You see,” she said. “We don't really like you.”

“Is that so?” Serena asked.

“Yeah!” Hallie shouted. “Even Dustin can't stand you!” A crack appeared in Serena's sugar sweet mask.

“I beg your pardon?” she asked. Hallie smirked, shaking her head.

“You don't get it, do you?” she asked. “We may not stand each other, but we don't pretend to be nice and dandy.”

“We are honest with each other and ourselves here,” Evie said. “We don't get that from you.” Serena's eyes trailed towards Dustin standing next to her.

“Is this true?” she asked. Dustin shuffled his feet.

“Well…” he mumbled. Serena gritted her teeth.

“Dustin,” she hissed. The cowboy lowered his head as Hallie raised an eyebrow.

“What's this?” the tomboy asked. “That doesn't sound so pleasant of you.” The Southern belle tried to ignore her.

“Dustin,” she repeated.

“Come on, man!” Jack shouted. “You can't keep doing this to yourself.”

“Tell her how you feel!” Reggie shouted. Serena turned her head.

“What's going on?” she asked. Dustin looked down at his feet.

“Uh… well…” he said.

“Come on!” Jack shouted. “Man up already! Don't be a pussy!” Dustin put his hands over his ears.

“Shut up!” he shouted. “Just stop! I can't take this anymore!” Dustin turned to Serena.

“Look, I used to love you, but now… but now…”

Serena raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me?”

Dustin clenched his fists. “You are too controlling now! I can't take it anymore!”

“But honey!” Serena tried to hug him, but he pushed her off.

“Cut it out!” he cried. “I just can't! I don't love you!”

“What?” Serena asked as the glow faded from his face.

“I'm so sorry. I… I love Hallie!” His cheeks reddened after saying that. Hallie's did the same as she jerked her head away. Serena's clenched her teeth as she saw fire.

“You!” she shouted. The Southern belle whipped around to Hallie. “You! You… You bitch!”

The tomboy covered her mouth with a fake gasp. “Uh-oh! That wasn't very ladylike of you!”

“Shut up, you ugly cow!” Serena raced forward with a blood-filled scream. Hallie shook her head, smirking.

“Idiot,” she muttered under her breath. Serena's nails closer to Hallie's face. Pow! Serena fell backwards, out cold. The others stood over her.

“Heh,” Hallie said. “That's that.”

“Did you have to hit her so hard?” Dustin asked. His new girlfriend shrugged.

“Hey, I had to get it through to her somehow,” she said.

“Hallie!” the cowboy complained. Right now, the tomboy didn't care.

--------

By morning, Serena want back to Texas and ended the war over Dustin.

Take Off Your Necklace and Throw it Away