Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 8, Chap. 48: Hard Bargain Love ( Chapter 48 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hard Bargain Love

-Choko-

I haven't had a relationship in years. It so weird, really. My younger sister was the shyer of the two of us. I had many boyfriends in my day. It surprised me that she found a navy man. I was the maid of honor at her wedding. Months later, my niece, Hallie, was born. Me? I'm still single.

Well, that's about to change today.

Kioshi came back by today. He's a maintenance man that comes by the apartment from time to time. Let me say it right now, he's only twenty-eight and I am close to forty. Ooo! Age is such a joke.

“Hallie,” I said last night. “What do you think of me dating again?” Hallie shrugged her shoulders.

“I don't care,” she said.

“Hallie…”

“It's fine. You don't need my permission.”

“What if he was younger than me?”

“How much younger?”

My eyes shifted back and forth. “Twenty-eight.”

Hallie drew back with a look of surprise. “You're joking?”

“He's that good-looking!” My cheeks turned bright red.

“I get it,” Hallie said. “If you want him, go for him.” I grabbed her by the hands and bowed my head.

“Thank you!” I said. “I won't let you down!”

“Huh?” Hallie asked.

--------

Today, Kioshi came by to work on maintenance around the apartment. I straightened my hair when he approached the glass doors.

“Good afternoon,” I greeted him.

“Good afternoon,” he said back. His pearly white smile made my heart flutter. Still, I had no time to be in awe with him. I know I still had some of my old charms left.

“Excuse me,” I said. “I hope you don't mind me, asking you this, but…” I about lost my words in those light grey eyes of his. No, stay on track, Choko!

“But?” Kioshi asked.

“Are you single?” I asked. Okay, that wasn't supposed to come out so blunt. Please say yes! Please say yes! Please say yes! His eyes shifted back and forth.

“Uh… why?” Kioshi asked.

“I won't lie,” I said. “I think you are a pretty man and I like you so much.”

“Thank… you?”

I breathed out, putting up my hand. “I'm sorry if I come off so strong. I just don't hold back when I see a guy I like. Would it be okay if we had lunch together or something?” He blinked, struggling to speak. I tilted my head.

“Take your time if your need to,” I said. “No pressure.” I turned and headed to my office, smirking and leaving that hot man speechless. I still got it! All that's left now is to wait.

Standing in a Hurricane