Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Angel's Gift ❯ Chapter 31

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Angel's Gift Part Thirty
 
Allison nearly felt her knees give out on her, the sensation of relief was so great, but she made herself keep standing. The Queen still held on to her daughter gently even as she studied Allison with a warm gaze, the great chamber stretching out around them. Then her eyes settled on Sharin and narrowed slightly, the warmth fading a bit.
 
"Uh oh," Sharin gulped softly under her ruler's stern glance, the tall blonde trying to make herself as small as possible.
 
Jen'ai raised an eyebrow as she frostily addressed her Questor, "I take it retrieving Jenna was more challenging than expected?" Seeing Sharin visibly wilt she relented, "Though I know how stubborn my daughter can be."
 
"Mother," Jenna jokingly protested even as she gently pulled free from her mother's grip, walking to Allison's side.
 
Milly reached up to reassuringly squeeze Sharin's shoulder as the little redhead said softly, "I'm glad you're not in trouble."
 
"Me, too," Sharin agreed, reaching up to squeeze Milly's hand gently.
 
With smooth grace X'tahn had chairs brought out for them, the group taking seats around the throne. The white haired catgirl then brought out a cart of food and drink before looking curiously at the Queen, "Is there anything else?"
 
Surprisingly the queen reached up from her seat to gently take X'tahn's hand as Jen'ai said, "Stay, please, I am comforted when you're near."
 
X'tahn's voice was far warmer than a servant's normally would be as she gently answered, "Of course, m'lady."
 
'I guess the rumors about them might be true,' Jenna thought to herself with a faint smile. She felt glad to know that her mother had found such happiness, especially considering what the Queen's marriage of state had been like.
 
"Should I...?" Milly visibly hesitated, torn by the idea of leaving her mistress or leaving them to their possibly private discussions.
 
"Stay," X'tahn told the young woman firmly, "I think it will be all right."
 
Jenna gave everyone a moment to drink and relax before she asked her mother the question that was on everyone's mind, "How goes the war? I've seen the communications from the Throne World, but I suspect it's edited..."
 
"Not so much as you would think," Jen'ai gently reassured her daughter. "The Star Empire has a numerical advantage in battleships," her eyes were faintly amused, "but our technical advantages seem to have put us at an equal footing."
 
Allison was intent, "By how much?"
 
"According to our office of naval intelligence the factor is nearly three to one in our favor," Jan'ai said serenely.
 
X'tahn added, "Though I would take that will a grain of salt."
 
"You think your intelligence service is padding the numbers a bit?" Allison raised her eyebrows in surprise.
 
Sharin spoke up that time, "ONI has been known to be a bit arrogant about our own capabilities, though I'd have thought they'd have grown out of it by now."
 
"No such luck," Jen'ai said serenely. She fixed a amused glance on Allison, "I suspect your own military adventures have made a difference, too."
 
"Eh?" Allison blinked.
 
"Many of our own younger captains have argued over our strict adherence to battle customs, and your unconventional successes have convinced them to try new tactics," Jen'ai actually grinned, "to the dismay of the Star Empire."
 
"I told you that you were doing well," Jenna purred, squeezing Allison's hand while the other woman blushed charmingly.
 
"So," Milly asked them a bit tentatively from where she stood behind the others, "what do we do now?"
 
"We return to the Throne system," Jen'ai said, "I believe we have a wedding to prepare for."
 
"You mean...?" Sharin looked thoughtful.
 
X'tahn nodded her agreement, "The marriage of Jenna and her consort will announce her return, not to mention being a poke in the eye to those Star Empire dogs."
 
"Eeep," Allison managed to get out as Jenna squealed in delight, grabbing her forcefully into a powerful hug. She blushed brightly as Jenna kissed her, their bodies rubbing together, even as the Queen and the others looked on with gentle amusement.

"This is going to be interesting," Milly fretted as she walked over to X'tahn's side, "especially completing all the preparations in the time we have."
 
"Don't worry little one," X'tahn smiled fondly at the younger woman, "we'll manage."
 
"Are we going back to Throne system, then?" Jenna asked, still keeping a firm grip on the brightly blushing Allison.
 
"Of course," Jen'ai laughed. She smiled wryly, "I know I shouldn't have come to meet you, but with seventh fleet standing guard there I felt it was safe enough."
 
"You going to be all right?" Sharin asked Allison softly, looking at the younger woman with a degree of humor.
 
"I'd be honored to marry Jenna," Allison admitted, a blush still coloring her cheeks.
 
"And I, you," Jenna kissed her again, ardently.
 
"I almost hate to send you all back to your ship," Jen'ai said wryly, "but the Liberty's Sword shouldn't be without her captain."
 
"And will you be considering another wedding?" Milly asked X'tahn softly.
 
X'tahn looked at the younger woman in surprise then blushed faintly. "I hope this isn't common knowledge," she frowned.
 
"I suspect that much of the royal household knows," Milly confessed to her, "but none of us have chosen to reveal it to others." A smile, "We hold you and the Queen in too high a regard."
 
"Thank you," X'tahn murmured. She looked over to where Jen'ai talked to her daughter and friends, "It would be too risky, little one. The Queen could lose the support of the nobility, something critical to this war."
 
"Maybe, but she's winning the war," Milly said softly.
 
X'tahn gave her a look then smiled faintly. "And have you confessed to your love yet?" she asked her teasingly.
 
"Eh?" Milly blinked.
 
"I have seen you gazing at the Questor Sharin," X'tahn said cheerfully, "or did you think no one noticed?"
 
"I am not interested in her," Milly protested weakly.
 
X'tahn chuckled merrily, "I've known you for years, child." She gently smacked her ear, "Don't even think of lying to me."
 
"Yes ma'am," Milly winced, rubbing at her ear. "All right, I like Sharin," she conceded, "but I don't think she notices me."
 
"What have you done to get her attention?" X'tahn asked.
 
"Pounced on her," Milly answered promptly.
 
"Hmm," X'tahn said thoughtfully then continued, "you do know our courting methods and humans are different, right?"
 
"I hadn't thought of that," Milly's tail lashed as she fidgeted, "what should I do?"
 
X'tahn noted how Sharin was looking at Milly and smiled faintly. "Oh," she said cheerfully, "I think we'll come up with something."
 
To be continued....