Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Guy ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"For as long as we can remember," said the teacher, "Males and Females have lived on separate planets. Years ago, the Male Empire attempted to reunify humanity under its rule. The leaders of the Female Nation chose not to see reason, and instead began a war between our two worlds. This war has been going on ever since."

Twelve-year old John Roberts wasn't really paying attention. All he needed to know about the war was what would happen when the Females finally submitted. He read the Library Archives, and he couldn't help wondering what it would be like to have a "wife".

"I'm so sorry, John," said the teacher, "I had NO IDEA this class was so boring for you."

"Uh, what?" said John, suddenly coming back to reality. "Oh, right, sorry 'bout that."

"Well, 'sorry' isn't going to cut it this time. I'm going to have to give you an F for today."

Several of the other students laughed at him.

"You better watch it," said a classmate. "I've heard boys who don't pay attention in class become Bad Guys."

There was a sudden, awkward quiet.

"Young man," said a suddenly angry teacher, "that is NOT an acceptable thing to say. You are suspended for two days. Now get out!" He watched as the offender took his stuff and left. After a few moments, the teacher calmed down. "Sorry you had to see that," he said. "But speaking of Bad Guys, as a treat for winning this year's All-School Contest, I'll be bringing a Bad Guy into class. Once the bell has rung, you'll get to line up and spit on him."

John was no longer bored. He hated Bad Guys, for reasons he couldn't quite recall, and always relished the chance to torment them. He "exercised" his saliva glands to make sure his spit would be the biggest and grossest of all.

Years later, he still looked upon that day with nostalgia. Now, he was the captain of an Imperial warship. The Empire had yet to put an end to Female resistance, and his ship was heading to its latest battle.

"All hands," John said over the intercom, "this is the Captain. We are about to head into combat. This may not be of any overall importance to the campaign or the war, but let me remind you that there's no such thing as a routine battle, and complacency will not be tolerated. That is all."

The battle went on for nearly an hour, and it ended with Male victory. The Empire was now one tiny step closer to the Female homeworld. This didn't come without a price; John's ship was heavily damaged, and he'd lost twenty-three crewmen. He'd have to go to the nearest station for replacements.

"How long until we reached the base?" asked John.

"Three hours," replied the pilot.

Once they were there, the ship was cleared to dock at the base. John and his crew left the ship and spread out across the station to unwind. The executive officer took the time to call his brother, who'd been conscripted into the MPreg Service. John would ask about it, but he'd decided to mind his own business.

"Captain Roberts," said a voice over the station's intercom, "please report to the Command Office."

John wondered what this was about. For a moment he thought the battle he'd fought earlier had ended the war, then he realized how ridiculous that sounded. As he approached the Office, though, a terrible feeling came over him. It was as if his life was about to end. As hard as he tried, he couldn't shake this feeling off.

He finally reached his destination. He steeled himself before entering. "Sir, if this is about the casualties from the battle, I assure you I did everything I could to minimize our..." His voice trailed off as he noticed two men in suits.

"Captain Roberts," said the admiral, "I'm sorry. I tried to fight it, but it's out of my hands now."

"What do you mean?" John asked; this was starting to scare him.

"We're from the Ministry of Freedom," said one of the other men. "We did a profile of you a few days ago, and the results show you to be a Bad Guy. We'll have to place you under arrest."

For the first time in his life, John Roberts was at a loss for words.