Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Becoming X ❯ Vol. One, Chap. Three: 6 Underground ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

6 Underground
Chachi stood outside in the night. Guard duty. He had done this since he was thirteen. The man didn't know why he did it. Maybe it was to forget about everything. Maybe it was something to do. He didn't know. Chachi just did it.
Chachi heard footsteps behind him. Without turning he asked: “Is she all right?” The nurse stood still. “Yes, but she's still out cold.” she answered. “Hm.” Chachi replied.
“We looked over her form,” the nurse went on. “Most of Kim's info is left blank.” Chachi kept his back to her. “I don't know her.” he replied. The nurse was stumped. “But she's your wife…” she began. “No, she's not.” Chachi interrupted. The nurse froze again. “She's your sister?” she asked.
 
“No.”
 
“Cousin?”
 
“No.”
 
The nurse was puzzled. “Then,” she began. “Are you even related?” “No,” Chachi answered. “We just met last night.” The nurse went quiet again. “Oh.” she said softly. Then the nurse went back into the hospital.
 
Take me down, 6 underground,
 
The ground beneath your feet,
 
Laid out low, nothing to go
 
Nowhere a way to meet
 
I've got a head full of drought,
 
Down here, so faroff losing out
 
Round here,
 
Overground, watch this space,
 
I'm open to falling from grace
 
 
Calm me down, bring it round
 
Too way high off your street
 
I can see like nothing else
 
In me you're better than I wannabe
 
Don't think 'cos I understand,
 
I care, don't think 'cos I'm talking we're friends,
 
Overground, watch this space,
 
I'm open to falling from grace
 
Chachi leaned against the door. Kim was nothing to him. Was she? Chachi frowned bitterly. Why did he care? Kim was just a woman. Was she?
For the first time, Chachi was truly confused. He never felt anything for people. But Kim… Had she hit a sensitive spot in his heart that he didn't have before?
This put the thug on a tight edge. So many thoughts, feelings, and questions. What could he do? The answer was clear. Protect Kim at all costs.
The sun slowly rose the next morning. Chachi had done his service to the community. Now to check on Kim. The thug walked straight into the hospital.
 
Talk me down, safe and sound
 
Too strung up to sleep
 
Wear me out, scream and shout
 
Swear my time's never cheap
 
I fake my life like I've lived
 
Too much, I take whatever you're given
 
Not enough,
 
Overground, watch this space,
 
I'm open
 
I fake my life like I've lived
 
Too much, I take whatever you're given
 
Not enough,
 
Overground, watch this space,
 
I'm open to falling from grace
Falling From Grace