Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Bittersweet Love ❯ Flashback pt 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
They were inseparable throughout Middle school. Always by each other’s sides. They were the perfect couple. Nothing could break them apart.

Except, graduation.


Flashback

Mark and Haley, the ‘it’ couple. Both smart, cute, and their personalities matched perfectly. Haley was the dynamo that always kept a conversation up-beat. Mark was the sensitive sweetie that could brighten up a bad day. They met at the very beginning. The first day of 6th grade. They happened to be in the same homeroom. The two shared an English class together. They were the only two out of one hundred and thirty eleven year olds that HATED the teacher. It was then they knew they were meant to be. Sounds odd, no? Just a bit, but they were perfect for each other from the very beginning. Sounds corny…but as you know, all good things come to an end soon enough.

Eighth grade came soon enough, two years into the relationship, Mark dropped the bomb shell.

“Haley…I really need to talk to you.” He whispered, gently stroking her hair as they sat together in a grassy field out by the school.
“Don’t say it…” Haley murmured, closing her eyes, enjoying the tender touches from Mark’s smooth hand, “There’s only two weeks left…we can still enjoy it.”

Two weeks left…and their Middle school career would be over.

Two weeks left…and Mark would be leaving, moving to another state.

Two weeks later…Haley would STILL cry over him.

“Haley,” Mark started, once again, “You know we can’t keep this up. It would only be worse if we wait.” He told her, continuing his gentle caresses on her head.

Haley sniffled, her eyes watering up, tears begging to flow out from her gray, blue eyes. “But…I love you,” she whispered, “We can make this work!” she begged. Mark sighed, running a hand through his fluffy dark hair. “I love you too, but I told you how I felt about long distance relationships…they never work, I’m sorry.”

“Fine…if that’s how you feel,” Haley, barely, sobbed out. She stood up, knocking Mark’s hand off of her, “Call me later.” she muttered, walking off, leaving her boyfriend in the meadow.

That call never came.